Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Sports Talk (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/sports-talk-132/)
-   -   How do watch the NE Patriots games in the villages (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/sports-talk-132/how-do-watch-ne-patriots-games-villages-322956/)

Jackiemerch 08-17-2021 01:32 PM

How do watch the NE Patriots games in the villages

I will be moving in soon and I am a NE Patriots fan and want to be able to watch them every Sunday. Does anyone have a secret as to what I need to do to make that happen. I would really appreciate any advice.

villagetinker 08-17-2021 01:56 PM

Depending on your TV provider, you might be able to get a sports package (for example, the hockey package on comcast is about $120 for the season), there are several sports bars that have multiple TVs where you may be able to watch the games (table locations number of people, etc,.).
You might get lucky and find others on this site that will have other ideas, or specific info on locations that specialize on this team.

charlieo1126@gmail.com 08-17-2021 03:30 PM

Direct tv NFL ticket , I’m not back from Boston yet but I always wait to last minute to buy . Oh an yes I know about rain and reception so during rainy season I tape the hd and non hd stations for shows I like , also when that hurricane came through a few years ago I had reception all through the night on non hd stations . I also don’t care about antennas, jail breaks or whatever else many of you talk about here, I just happily let them charge me as long as they give me a good product and they do , ( 2 pbs stations 😊 )

JSR22 08-17-2021 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlieo1126@gmail.com (Post 1990511)
Direct tv NFL ticket , I’m not back from Boston yet but I always wait to last minute to buy . Oh an yes I know about rain and reception so during rainy season I tape the hd and non hd stations for shows I like , also when that hurricane came through a few years ago I had reception all through the night on non hd stations . I also don’t care about antennas, jail breaks or whatever else many of you talk about here, I just happily let them charge me as long as they give me a good product and they do , ( 2 pbs stations ������ )

Exactly what I was going to recommend. NFL Ticket.

bmit16 08-17-2021 04:25 PM

Go to Beef O'Brady's at Mulberry. They always show all the NFL games and there is a fairly large contingent of NE fans that go there. Plus the food is pretty good, but the beer is a little more than most places in The Villages.

ajbrown 08-17-2021 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmit16 (Post 1990532)
Go to Beef O'Brady's at Mulberry. They always show all the NFL games and there is a fairly large contingent of NE fans that go there. Plus the food is pretty good, but the beer is a little more than most places in The Villages.

Before my Dad passed away we always went to Beef O'brady's at Mulberry. Have not been since he passed. We loved the cheeseburger rollup (or was it a wrap, I forget?)

We were season ticket holders since Pats joined NFL, living in Foxboro, (my golly did they stink :) To be clear, it got too expensive at some point and they were on TV as every game was sold out.

Now my sister has Slingshot, so I can watch, but no Dad...

rustyp 08-17-2021 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackiemerch (Post 1990459)
I will be moving in soon and I am a NE Patriots fan and want to be able to watch them every Sunday. Does anyone have a secret as to what I need to do to make that happen. I would really appreciate any advice.

Simple - Turn on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

BostonRich 08-17-2021 10:26 PM

I just did a free trial on Hulu to catch last Thursday's and next Thursday's pre-season games.

Join the Patriots Club when you get here. You won't miss a game between national broadcasts and their get-togethers for the non-broadcasted games. We even got together for Brady's games last season after the Patriots were out of it. We usually meet at Gators in Spanish Springs. Great bunch of people with other fun activities too.

Woodbear 08-18-2021 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlieo1126@gmail.com (Post 1990511)
Direct tv NFL ticket , I’m not back from Boston yet but I always wait to last minute to buy . Oh an yes I know about rain and reception so during rainy season I tape the hd and non hd stations for shows I like , also when that hurricane came through a few years ago I had reception all through the night on non hd stations . I also don’t care about antennas, jail breaks or whatever else many of you talk about here, I just happily let them charge me as long as they give me a good product and they do , ( 2 pbs stations ������ )

Do you have an externally mounted dish to get the DirectTV?

Rwirish 08-18-2021 04:57 AM

If we told you it would no longer be a secret.

psgolf@comcast.net 08-18-2021 05:04 AM

NE Patriots

psgolf@comcast.net
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackiemerch (Post 1990459)

psgolf@comcast.net 08-18-2021 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psgolf@comcast.net (Post 1990648)

Go to Red Sauce in Sumter landing. Group of Patriots fans have been meeting there for 10 years to watch the game together!!! Get there early!!@

nick demis 08-18-2021 05:42 AM

Just watch Tampa Bay. That is where all the good patriots went and they will be your home team.

markusb741 08-18-2021 05:43 AM

Join TV NE.Patriots Club

Jimmay 08-18-2021 05:44 AM

Watch the Tampa bay buccaneers and see Tom Brady I’m action😎