Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Investment Talk (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/investment-talk-158/)
-   -   Will Elon Musk finally be convicted of a lifetime of fraud? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/investment-talk-158/will-elon-musk-finally-convicted-lifetime-fraud-323019/)

MorTech 08-19-2021 06:04 AM

Will Elon Musk finally be convicted of a lifetime of fraud?

Wow...Elon Musk should just plead the 5th and stop incriminating himself.

MUSK ON TRIAL (SOLAR CITY BAILOUT) - 12711VCS Day One, Part One - YouTube

Watch TSLA.

CoachKandSportsguy 08-19-2021 07:02 AM

I hope so, anyone who believes anything out of his mouth is an idiot, and he is a total narcissisic sociopath, with so much money that he can buy off, intimidate or bully plaintiff issues. . . .

Tesla car battery likely caused devastating East Bay house fire, investigators say - ABC7 San Francisco

yesterday, tesla drove into a pile of kids on the sidewalk in the UK
never tesla's fault. . .

however, em has enough money to manipulate the stock through options by exploiting the market maker's delta hedging strategy, such that yesterday, $17M of Sept call options, 700 strike were bought, which is not mom and pop and not most hedge or mutual funds. . . preying on a gamma squeeze next week. . .

don't play the stock either way unless very sophisticated, I have lost over 20K shorting that POS stonk

biker1 08-19-2021 07:12 AM

Electrics actually have less fires per mile driven than gas cars but the fires, when they do occur, are more difficult to put out. GM has a recall on their Bolt electric.

The Tesla accidents that have occurred with Autopilot engaged have been due to the driver failing to pay attention. Autopilot requires that you keep your hands on the wheel and pay attention. It is not fully autonomous driving, it is not promoted as fully autonomous driving, and drivers must still be ready to take control of the car at any time. Accidents have occurred when drivers misused the system. That is not Tesla's fault.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoachKandSportsguy (Post 1991210)
I hope so, anyone who believes anything out of his mouth is an idiot, and he is a total narcissisic sociopath, with so much money that he can buy off, intimidate or bully plaintiff issues. . . .

Tesla car battery likely caused devastating East Bay house fire, investigators say - ABC7 San Francisco

never tesla's fault. . .

however, em has enough money to manipulate the stock through options by exploiting the market maker's delta hedging strategy, such that yesterday, $17M of Sept call options, 700 strike were bought, which is not mom and pop and not most hedge or mutual funds. . . preying on a gamma squeeze next week. . .

don't play the stock either way unless very sophisticated, I have lost over 20K shorting that POS stonk

graciegirl 08-19-2021 07:32 AM

Quote:

never tesla's fault. . .

He is very hard to like to be sure, but I have no problem he is wealthy. AND he is quite a bit out there...by his own admission he is autistic, but that is not a choice. I find him not at likeable...........but what are we to do with people who are born "different" and brilliant and odd. This really is a problem, because every last man jack of us has an odd bit or two.

Two Bills 08-19-2021 07:59 AM

Quote:

never tesla's fault. . .

It's personal then?:icon_wink:

dewilson58 08-19-2021 08:22 AM

Not a fan.

But financially successful people rarely color within the lines.

LateBoomer 08-19-2021 09:01 AM

a lifetime of fraud?

TNLAKEPANDA 08-19-2021 09:30 AM

Looks like no one on here likes Musk or Tesla…. On real opinion here. Who can say that they have achieved more than him?

dewilson58 08-19-2021 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TNLAKEPANDA (Post 1991368)
Looks like no one on here likes Musk or Tesla…. On real opinion here. Who can say that they have achieved more than him?

I can, but I assume your scale is only money. Sad.

LateBoomer 08-19-2021 09:52 AM

well I don't think he's a fraud. he seems more like a genius. John DeLorean was a fraud. let's keep this in perspective

Chi-Town 08-19-2021 10:34 AM

Maybe a Martian Court will find him guilty. 😉

CoachKandSportsguy 08-19-2021 11:33 AM

Lol!

Quote:

Originally Posted by LateBoomer (Post 1991392)
well I don't think he's a fraud. he seems more like a genius. John DeLorean was a fraud. let's keep this in perspective

um, not into finance at all eh? not into historical fact checking as well, eh?

I have locations which I can pull sample after sample of his crap, and if you want to read the legal briefs after the currently in progress trial, you will see he is full of truth twisting lies. . .

but continue to believe, its your perogative

Art cov 08-19-2021 12:00 PM

With all the mess that’s going on, why concentrate on Elon People are frustrated about everything, let’s take a deep breath and be thankful, make a long list of all your thankful for.

LateBoomer 08-19-2021 12:15 PM

1. Present your evidence that he's lived a "lifetime of fraud" . I see Tesla cars everywhere now. Hardly seems like a fraud, the way the DeLorean was (go read the history - JDL raided the funds provided to him by investors and the British Govt and only managed to ship a fraction (less than 7,000) of the promised vehicles, which were replete with quality problems.)
2. If you don't like his products, don't by them

Pretty simple without resorting to insults isn't it?

CoachKandSportsguy 08-19-2021 12:36 PM

I hardly think I insulted you, but as far as fraud goes,

Promoting, selling and taking deposits for multiple years on products which don't exist, and haven't existed is fraud.

Booking warranty and repair expenses to good will is fraudulent accounting

Seeing cars is not the fraud, convincing NY to build him a factory which he never used is fraud.

etc. . .