Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Executive Courses - The Villages Golf Course Conditions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/executive-courses-villages-golf-course-conditions-472/)
-   -   Will we go back to not touching the flags, no rakes, no water due to COVID? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/executive-courses-villages-golf-course-conditions-472/will-we-go-back-not-touching-flags-no-rakes-no-water-due-covid-323244/)

Minoletti 08-24-2021 10:31 AM

Will we go back to not touching the flags, no rakes, no water due to COVID?

Wondering if the Villages will tighen up their rules and regulations regarding covid.

One person per cart
no trap rakes
no water containers
pool noodles in the cups
more

Hoping NOT!!

stanley 08-24-2021 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minoletti (Post 1993661)
Wondering if the Villages will tighen up their rules and regulations regarding covid.

One person per cart
no trap rakes
no water containers
pool noodles in the cups
more

Hoping NOT!!

No scuttlebutt about that, not even in casual conversation with other employees.

Malsua 08-24-2021 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanley (Post 1993668)
No scuttlebutt about that, not even in casual conversation with other employees.

It should have never been done in the first place although the data wasn't clear at the beginning. Fomite(surface) transmission is not a thing. Outdoor transmission is not a thing.

Not only that, you have a giant ball of fusion 93 million miles away disinfecting everything in sight with UV light.

graciegirl 08-24-2021 11:17 AM

Quote:

One person per cart
no trap rakes
no water containers
pool noodles in the cups
more

Hoping NOT!!

I think it has been established that the prime method of contagion of this virus is through the indoor air, not circulated.

I don't know.

It wasn't a punishment and it wasn't unrealistic. None of us olders wanted to catch it. It was/is far more dangerous for us. Now we have the vaccine. It won't kill us.BUT... Nobody wants to be sick and no one should be shamed for trying to keep from getting sick. I don't golf anymore, but my husband does, four days a week, eighteen holes. He hasn't said a word about being inconvenienced...then or now.

P.S. to brag a little, he and his partner came in first in their flight at the golf tournament at Glenview over the week end. ;)

golfing eagles 08-24-2021 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malsua (Post 1993683)
It should have never been done in the first place although the data wasn't clear at the beginning. Fomite(surface) transmission is not a thing. Outdoor transmission is not a thing.

Not only that, you have a giant ball of fusion 93 million miles away disinfecting everything in sight with UV light.

100% correct. It was a stupid idea last year, it is stupid today, and will be stupid in the future. Unless someone spits on the flagstick and then you shove that sputum up your nose, you can't get it that way. (yuk). As far as rakes go, 1/2 the golfers don't touch them anyway:1rotfl::1rotfl::1rotfl:

John Mayes 08-24-2021 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfing eagles (Post 1993689)
100% correct. It was a stupid idea last year, it is stupid today, and will be stupid in the future. Unless someone spits on the flagstick and then you shove that sputum up your nose, you can't get it that way. (yuk). As far as rakes go, 1/2 the golfers don't touch them anyway:1rotfl::1rotfl::1rotfl:

LOL……got that right!

Coal Miner 08-25-2021 04:47 AM

Rakes and flags are one thing, but Id rather not ride with strangers

banjobob 08-25-2021 05:00 AM

Or show your VillageID and your vax card. to play.

Mrprez 08-25-2021 05:02 AM

I have yet to ride with a stranger.

Rwirish 08-25-2021 05:06 AM

No one should ride with a stranger in a golf cart.

Will they change? Probably not.

DonH57 08-25-2021 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malsua (Post 1993683)

I remember thinking, gee, they don't want you picking the ball out of the hole but not worried the ball rolled across the green through possible spittle! The only possible transmission I thought possible was the water barrels or strangers sharing golf carts.

nn0wheremann 08-25-2021 07:41 AM

Quote:

One person per cart
no trap rakes
no water containers
pool noodles in the cups
more

Hoping NOT!!

Got you shots? Not to worry. Latest CDC guide: “People who are fully vaccinated do NOT need to quarantine after contact with someone who had COVID-19 unless they have symptoms. However, fully vaccinated people should get tested 3-5 days after their exposure, even if they don’t have symptoms and wear a mask indoors in public for 14 days following exposure or until their test result is negative.”

COVID-19: When to Quarantine | CDC

Waltdisney4life 08-25-2021 07:55 AM

Don’t hit your ball into the bunker and any putt within 6 feet is a gimme problem solved!

graciegirl 08-25-2021 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coal Miner (Post 1993893)
Rakes and flags are one thing, but Id rather not ride with strangers

Good thinking. One neighbor had the break through a couple of weeks ago and just now heard one of our dearest friends and her 90 year old relative has it..both vaccinated. I hope they improve quickly and have no problems. NO ONE wants to get sick if they can avoid it and this virus is one tricky little *******.

It makes the calmest of us a little germ aware to be sure. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

I wish our National Leaders had been taught that old saying.

Pat2015 08-25-2021 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by banjobob (Post 1993902)
Or show your VillageID and your vax card. to play.

No to showing vaccine cards anywhere!