Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   SPORTS & ENTERTAINMENT DIRECTORY (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/sports-entertainment-directory-219/)
-   -   Indoor Pickleball (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/sports-entertainment-directory-219/indoor-pickleball-323686/)

LiverpoolWalrus 09-04-2021 01:18 PM

Indoor Pickleball

Now that the indoor pickleball courts at Grand Oaks are gone, I did a search for indoor courts in and around the Villages. Only found one location so far---Leesburg Rec Center, 1851 Griffin Road.

If anybody knows of others, please post here.

I was glad to hear that the Villages is finally building an indoor pickleball facility at the future Eastport Lifestyle Center, but the video says it's about three years away.

Mrprez 09-04-2021 01:25 PM

I’m curious to know if an indoor PB court needs a special floor or would any hard flooring work?

dewilson58 09-04-2021 01:25 PM

Des Moines, IA

Topspinmo 09-04-2021 01:35 PM

Indoor pickleball in Florida, I rate that right up there with indoor swimming’s pools in Florida. It’s that why we move down here? :)

Topspinmo 09-04-2021 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrprez (Post 1999003)
I’m curious to know if an indoor OB court needs a special floor or would any card flooring work?

Most indoor courts are basketball wooden Floors with multitude of stripes down on floor for multiple types of games with portable nets. It’s different game indoors.

LiverpoolWalrus 09-04-2021 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topspinmo (Post 1999010)
Indoor pickleball in Florida, I rate that right up there with indoor swimming’s pools in Florida. It’s that why we move down here? :)

If I didn’t have to play in 90+ degree heat and risk heat stroke five months of the year, then yes, outdoor would be fine. Except there’s still that other risk…

Topspinmo 09-04-2021 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiverpoolWalrus (Post 1999014)
If I didn’t have to play in 90+ degree heat and risk heat stroke five months of the year, then yes, outdoor would be fine. Except there’s still that other risk…

Agree, just play early in the morning. Not going to find too many indoor courts down here like up north. They can’t charge enough to pay bills and If they charge too much they don’t get players. Catch 22.

Altavia 09-04-2021 05:45 PM

A few years away but Planned for Eastport.

I'm Popeye! 09-04-2021 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiverpoolWalrus (Post 1999014)

Do they play Baseball in the winter months? No
Don't play PB in the Summer months, that was easy!

LiverpoolWalrus 09-04-2021 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I'm Popeye! (Post 1999094)
Do they play Baseball in the winter months? No
Don't play PB in the Summer months, that was easy!

Sorry, that’s not easy.

tophcfa 09-04-2021 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topspinmo (Post 1999010)

As someone who likes to swim laps for about an hour and a half per day, I think an indoor pool would be great. Not for the winter, I never get cold swimming in the sports pools and during the winter there is very little risk of lightning. On the other hand, swimming outdoors between May and October can be very risky with the frequent lightning storms and it’s very easy to get a sunburn while swimming.

Birdibarb 09-05-2021 04:53 AM

Indoor Pickeball Courts

There are indoor pickle ball courts at Lake Deaton UMC on 44a. It is golf cart accessible via Warnock Rd

I know the courts are open 7:30 on Tues. call the church for more details

If anybody knows of others, please post here.

I was glad to hear that the Villages is finally building an indoor pickleball facility at the future Eastport Lifestyle Center, but the video says it's about three years away.[/QUOTE]

La lamy 09-05-2021 05:38 AM

A church near 466 used to offer their place for indoor pickleball, but there wasn't enough use for them to continue. If you want to make it a consistent group (bringing your own net), maybe you can find a church that could accommodate you. Or move north for the summer!

Mrprez 09-05-2021 05:59 AM

Are the large meeting rooms in the rec centers large enough?

GeorgeL 09-05-2021 06:23 AM

Grand Oaks

The last time I was there, Grand Oaks Resort (3000 Marion County Road

Weirsdale, Florida 32195) had indoor pickleball courts.