Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages Golf Course Conditions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-golf-course-conditions-471/)
-   -   List the course name in the title...roosevelt.. (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-golf-course-conditions-471/list-course-name-title-roosevelt-323780/)

Mortal1 09-07-2021 04:01 PM

List the course name in the title...roosevelt..

greens are really rough. and if you're a "golfer" not worth putting, but a fun course to play in any case.

to clarify "golfer" that would be people that just go through the motions, rarely if ever practice, putt out even 6" putts because you're supposed to, but think "mulligan" is a real golf term and have no faith in their swing so have a plethora of "water balls". They are great fun to play with, but it is very entertaining to watch their take on golf.

wisbad1 09-08-2021 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mortal1 (Post 2000230)
greens are really rough. and if you're a "golfer" not worth putting, but a fun course to play in any case.

to clarify "golfer" that would be people that just go through the motions, rarely if ever practice, putt out even 6" putts because you're supposed to, but think "mulligan" is a real golf term and have no faith in their swing so have a plethora of "water balls". They are great fun to play with, but it is very entertaining to watch their take on golf.

I guess we’re not as good as you. Your on another level, good for you, Bryce,

Neils 09-15-2021 08:39 AM

Not sure why an expert golfer would be playing Rosevelt?

blueash 09-15-2021 09:42 AM

Quote:

What an amazingly arrogant post. I'll be sure to watch the real golfers, ( not those amateur "golfers" ) on TV soon. I will be sure to focus on whether they putt out even 6" putts. Apparently that is an important criteria for differentiation. I am glad to provide great fun for you if you happen to see me "play" "golf"

tophcfa 09-15-2021 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neils (Post 2004282)
Not sure why an expert golfer would be playing Rosevelt?

An apparent executive golf course legend in his own mind ????

wisbad1 09-16-2021 06:29 PM

Quote:

I’ve read this post couple times and still can’t believe it. You must be the guy who uses his range finder on every shot. If you’re so good join PGA tour and leave us alone. Hopefully I’ll never get you for a partner.

HORNET 09-18-2021 05:33 PM

Go off site, their courses compared to our Championship Courses are as good as our Executive Courses.

frose 09-18-2021 06:43 PM

need a miniature golf course here.. putting is easy and fun.. i don't play golf but enjoy the challenges of a good miniature course.

banjobob 09-20-2021 08:44 AM

I play the exec courses because the are free , my golf game is bogey from the gold tees ,to have fun and enjoy after golf events breakfast beer etc. A few gripes for those that ruin the holes on the greens by retrieving their ball with a putter , those that don't fix ball marks , those that don't rake the sand and those that play gold tees and takes two shots to get on the green, god grief play the green tees.

HoosierPa 09-20-2021 08:02 PM

In reality, it’s only a game people play who have a lot of time on their hands.

MrChipster 09-28-2021 08:53 AM

putt an play course

Quote:

Originally Posted by frose (Post 2006158)
need a miniature golf course here.. putting is easy and fun.. i don't play golf but enjoy the challenges of a good miniature course.

Try the putt and play course, a challenge for putting without the mountain and goofy stuff.

barbnick 09-29-2021 06:49 AM

I am an ambassador and completely agree with you

MrFlorida 09-29-2021 07:00 AM

Some days I play like a pro, some days I play like a beginner. So what ? It's suppose to be fun remember ?

Samcat13 09-30-2021 08:36 AM

Who is a Golfer. Someone with sticks in a bag and enough balls to play around.:bigbow:

Hoosierb4 10-01-2021 06:23 PM

I played Roosevelt yesterday, expecting poor green conditions. But, they were in much better condition than when I last played the course back in May. Very few crabgrass sprouts, which had been plentiful. I didn't have one putt where I had to worry about it being bumped off line by the grass that didn't belong. All of the missed putts were my fault.