Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   All About pets (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-pets-120/)
-   -   Veterinarian recommendations (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-pets-120/veterinarian-recommendations-323922/)

tophcfa 09-11-2021 09:15 AM

Veterinarian recommendations

Our Border Collie is now 12 years old (I can’t believe how fast time flies) so we decided it’s time to set up a wellness visit and establish a relationship with a good veterinarian in the greater Villages area. We have a great Veterinarian up north, but we plan to spend our future winters, and much more time in general, at our Villages home and want a good care option for our little girl at both of our homes. The northern area of the Villages would be preferable, but we will travel as far as necessary to get her the best care available. Thanks : )

splashes 09-11-2021 09:44 AM

Buffalo Ridge Animal Hospital on 466 near walmart

jbartle1 09-11-2021 10:35 AM

352-326-8940. Dr. Huff in Leesburg, quoted $1000 lady lake animal clinic, Dr. Huff $200 for same dental work (removed 8 teeth) and wonderful staff and doctor, I'll make a 15 min. Drive to save $800. Most Vets in Villages are expensive.

shut the front door 09-11-2021 10:38 AM

Village Veterinarian on 441 in Historic area. They don't try to push unnecessary shots and treatments on you like Buffalo Ridge did to us.

Rose Ann Vinci Igoe 09-11-2021 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tophcfa (Post 2002025)
Our Border Collie is now 12 years old (I can’t believe how fast time flies) so we decided it’s time to set up a wellness visit and establish a relationship with a good veterinarian in the greater Villages area. We have a great Veterinarian up north, but we plan to spend our future winters, and much more time in general, at our Villages home and want a good care option for our little girl at both of our homes. The northern area of the Villages would be preferable, but we will travel as far as necessary to get her the best care available. Thanks : )

Faithful Companion's Vet 352 750 2377... near Spanish Springs excellent, been going for years. Kind, attentive and got my apt right away.

JSR22 09-11-2021 11:08 AM

I highly recommend Dr. Heckman at Buffalo Ridge on 466 close to Fresh Market.

BillY41 09-12-2021 04:51 AM

Mulberry Grove takes care of our two dogs. Staff and Vets friendly and professional

kendi 09-12-2021 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splashes (Post 2002052)
Buffalo Ridge Animal Hospital on 466 near walmart

Buffalo Ridge did not tell me about my dog’s advanced cancer which they couldn’t have missed on the abdominal X-ray they took. Found out 2 weeks later at the after hours animal hospital and had to put her down the next day. Buffalo Ridge couldn’t have done anything about the cancer since it was so advanced, but it’s not right to hide it from the owner.

Pedrocarrasco01@yahoo.com 09-12-2021 06:37 AM

We tried several veterinarians here

Quote:

We tried many vets here, most are good, but very expensive, a friend recommended Dr. Mike Cohen at Camelot Animal clinic, Dr. Cohen is very thorough and will examine your pet with care and he is extremely reasonable in comparison to others, he is located on 441 in Belleview across from Save-A-Lot.

chenault55 09-12-2021 06:51 AM

Vet recommendation

Quote:

We have used Dr. Fratello with Mobile Vet since we moved here 12 years ago. They come to your house which saves your pet from the trauma of going to an office. My 3 large dogs were old when we moved here and when it was time I was able to sit on the floor and hold them for comfort when it their time to go. She cried right along with me, anyway it’s an option and she is a very good vet. (352) 815-0404

DaleDivine 09-12-2021 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kendi (Post 2002511)
Buffalo Ridge did not tell me about my dog’s advanced cancer which they couldn’t have missed on the abdominal X-ray they took. Found out 2 weeks later at the after hours animal hospital and had to put her down the next day. Buffalo Ridge couldn’t have done anything about the cancer since it was so advanced, but it’s not right to hide it from the owner.

After having bad experiences with our 2 fur babies at Buffalo Ridge (Both dogs now deceased), we decided to go to Dr. Leah Girard at Oxford Animal clinic behind Gio's Deli on 301.
She has been very compassionate with our current dog. Not pushy with services.
Buffalo Ridge is like going to Walmart for service, constant turnover with their staff.

:pray::bigbow::welcome:

PugMom 09-12-2021 08:12 AM

dr porter of wildwood, on 301 in plaza with sav-a-lot & ace hardware. you can always get in, have quality care & no unnecessary tests/procedures. avoid vca animal clinics @ all costs :pray:

Djean1981 09-12-2021 08:40 AM

That's a huge price difference for just a 15 minute drive. Thanks for posting..

Kingsport 09-12-2021 09:45 AM

Are any of these doctors Cat lovers?

We are new to the area, and this thread is helpful. Does anyone know of a vet who has a focus on cats? Some vets do. Thanks!

C-Pet 09-12-2021 07:47 PM

Dr. Manganaro at Park Heights Animal Clinic, on US 27 just south of 466A is great with cats.