Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Investment Talk (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/investment-talk-158/)
-   -   Fidelity in Sumter Landing? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/investment-talk-158/fidelity-sumter-landing-32416/)

Avista 10-06-2010 05:41 AM

Fidelity in Sumter Landing?

I heard that Fidelity is coming to Sumter Landing 1st quarter next year. This would be great news for us. Does anyone know if it is true?

villages07 10-06-2010 06:08 AM

Yep, it's true.... Check the construction update in the Sun. They are either going in to part of where southern lifestyles is or in the current Villages Insurance location... Can't recall right now which space.

784caroline 10-06-2010 08:43 AM

Is this Fidelity Financial or the BIG Mutual Fund Company Fidelity Investments???

Avista 10-06-2010 10:46 AM

It's Fidelity.com. They are all over the country. When we lived in Tampa, we attended their classes etc. Never pressure, but a great place to learn about things. We have missed the seminars. So glad they will be here. We work with them by phone, but will be great to be able to talk to someone in person again.

bluedog103 10-06-2010 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 784caroline (Post 297246)
Is this Fidelity Financial or the BIG Mutual Fund Company Fidelity Investments???

I think the answer to your question is Fidelity Investments. Fidelity.com is their website.

784caroline 10-06-2010 03:51 PM

I certainly hope you are correct....Fidelity Investments would be a welcome addition to The Villages.

batman911 10-09-2010 04:45 PM

Vanguard would be better and less expensive to use. Check out their fees and performance.

gongoozler 10-11-2010 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avista (Post 297218)
I heard that Fidelity is coming to Sumter Landing 1st quarter next year. This would be great news for us. Does anyone know if it is true?

My son is a vice president of Fidelity (Fidelity Investments from Boston) and it is TRUE that they are opening in Sumter Landing.

The Fidelity Investor Center opening in March 2011 in The Villages will be at:
1057 Lake Sumter Landings
The Villages, FL 32162

The Office manager will be, Abel Oonnooney, who has worked in NYC for Fidelity. He currently is looking to purchase a home for is family in the area and is looking at the local schools (he has two young kids).

Chi-Town 10-12-2010 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by batman911 (Post 298073)
Vanguard would be better and less expensive to use. Check out their fees and performance.

Fidelity is probably more of a broker than a fund company. You can buy Vanguard and a slew of other funds along with stocks, bonds, CDs, etc. And since Vanguard offers no load options why not consolidate your holdings?

JUREK 10-12-2010 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gongoozler (Post 298654)
My son is a vice president of Fidelity (Fidelity Investments from Boston) and it is TRUE that they are opening in Sumter Landing.

The Fidelity Investor Center opening in March 2011 in The Villages will be at:
1057 Lake Sumter Landings
The Villages, FL 32162

The Office manager will be, Abel Oonnooney, who has worked in NYC for Fidelity. He currently is looking to purchase a home for is family in the area and is looking at the local schools (he has two young kids).

Great News indeed. I have been working with them for almost 30 years.
Good service and no high pressure sales pitch. :welcome::welcome:

gongoozler 10-12-2010 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by batman911 (Post 298073)

Depends on the fund(s), Vanguard does have slightly lower cost but Fidelity has more funds and many totally out perform Vanguard to make that little savings on fund cost a total joke . . . Fidelity is also better at planning out the options at age 70 1/2 . . . just follow the green line!

cappak 06-24-2011 06:21 AM

Fidelity Investments in The Villages

We will be relocating to The Villages in August and I'm thinking of moving my investments to Fidelity so I could deal with someone "face to face". Has anyone been using Fidelity and dealing with anyone at the LSL location they would recommend? Also, looking for an overall opinion of Fidelity investments in general. All opinions are welcome!

Avista 06-24-2011 07:08 AM

We've been with Fidelity years. They present options but absolutely no pressure. Very accommodating! Recommend their seminars.

getdul981 06-24-2011 07:36 AM

Obviously there are many more people on here that know about investments than I do. So, I have to ask this question. Is it better to do investing with an orginization like Fidelity or Vanguard instead of through Wachovia/Wells Fargo Securities division. Is there really that much difference?

StarbuckSammy 06-24-2011 05:12 PM

Fidelity has a great online website for bond and equity transactions and it is a real plus to have an office here in The Villages. They do not have that many offices so it's hats off to The Villages.