Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Current Events and News (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/current-events-news-541/)
-   -   Gabby Petito Case (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/current-events-news-541/gabby-petito-case-324213/)

retiredguy123 09-17-2021 11:10 AM

Gabby Petito Case

Gabby Petito is all over the news because she is missing and her fiance refuses to say anything about where she may be. Obviously, if he committed a crime, the fiance has the legal right to not reveal anything that would result in his arrest and prosecution. He is following his lawyer's advice. The media and others are putting immense pressure on the fiance with unrelenting coverage of him. I suspect that he cannot even safely leave his house. I'm conflicted about this. If he is just exercising his legal rights, does the media have the right to effectively ruin his life? Should the law be changed? What do you think?

graciegirl 09-17-2021 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retiredguy123 (Post 2005358)
Gabby Petito is all over the news because she is missing and her fiance refuses to say anything about where she may be. Obviously, if he committed a crime, the fiance has the legal right to not reveal anything that would result in his arrest and prosecution. He is following his lawyer's advice. The media and others are putting immense pressure on the fiance with unrelenting coverage of him. I suspect that he cannot even safely leave his house. I'm conflicted about this. If he is just exercising his legal rights, does the media have the right to effectively ruin his life? Should the law be changed? What do you think?

It is a good thing I do not hold a position of authority, because I think he hurt her or killed her.

They have also looked into a newly wed couple who were gay who were killed at the same time. I don't remember clearly the connection, but I think I read that someone saw them arguing near where those bodies were discovered.

I really try not to do that...type things I am not sure of, but it stuck in my mind as that.

I think I also remember he was home a week without reporting her missing. I am really believing he harmed her. I wish I knew what his mindset is on homosexuality....or hers.

I have a lot of time right now to read stuff like this. I am waiting to return full blast to groups until this wave of Covid calms down. I know of a total of eight people, all Villagers who have had the break through sickness and some were REALLY sick with it.

manaboutown 09-17-2021 01:28 PM

IMHO his actions are shameful and indicative he has something to hide.

MrFlorida 09-17-2021 01:33 PM

Hopefully they are not doing this for free publicity for their blog.... I can't imagine he would do that to his fiancée

Toymeister 09-17-2021 02:54 PM

It does not hurt that the victim is young, female and attractive.

If it was a bald overweight male, the type who drives a golf car with knee hanging out, there would be zero coverage.

John Mayes 09-17-2021 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toymeister (Post 2005472)
It does not hurt that the victim is young, female and attractive.

If it was a bald overweight male, the type who drives a golf car with knee hanging out, there would be zero coverage.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not laughing at the situation about the missing woman but what you said is funny.

Malsua 09-17-2021 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toymeister (Post 2005472)

No milk cartons for me. :(

I think the problem here is this young woman was in a bad relationship and tried to fix it by going on this journey with that guy. She probably needed friends telling her to dump that dude.

Two Bills 09-17-2021 04:06 PM

Hope FBI are reading this thread.
TOTV will have this case solved inside another 20+ posts!

John Mayes 09-17-2021 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Two Bills (Post 2005507)
Hope FBI are reading this thread.
TOTV will have this case solved inside another 20+ posts!

:1rotfl::1rotfl::1rotfl:

BillY41 09-18-2021 04:48 AM

The police are actively investigating and the fiance is a 'person of interest.' Getting a lawyer makes him more interesting almost a suspect. Time will tell.

drducat 09-18-2021 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillY41 (Post 2005601)
The police are actively investigating and the fiance is a 'person of interest.' Getting a lawyer makes him more interesting almost a suspect. Time will tell.

Bad feeling that she walked away and he could not find her...so he just left her roaming....went home and now has been gone since last Tues.

golfing eagles 09-18-2021 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retiredguy123 (Post 2005358)

Can anyone say "Lacey Petersen"?????

Ele201 09-18-2021 05:24 AM

Breakthrough virus

Just responding to your last paragraph. Sorry to hear of your friends getting sick. I’m just wondering, were they vaccinated? Thanks
Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 2005384)
It is a good thing I do not hold a position of authority, because I think he hurt her or killed her.

They have also looked into a newly wed couple who were gay who were killed at the same time. I don't remember clearly the connection, but I think I read that someone saw them arguing near where those bodies were discovered.

I really try not to do that...type things I am not sure of, but it stuck in my mind as that.

I think I also remember he was home a week without reporting her missing. I am really believing he harmed her. I wish I knew what his mindset is on homosexuality....or hers.

I have a lot of time right now to read stuff like this. I am waiting to return full blast to groups until this wave of Covid calms down. I know of a total of eight people, all Villagers who have had the break through sickness and some were REALLY sick with it.

thevillages2013 09-18-2021 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ele201 (Post 2005615)
Just responding to your last paragraph. Sorry to hear of your friends getting sick. I’m just wondering, were they vaccinated? Thanks

Uh , that’s what breakthrough means

Eg_cruz 09-18-2021 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ele201 (Post 2005615)

He stated Break through cases…..means vax people have Covid….(what happens when we use a leaking vax during an outbreak)