Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Very Disappointing (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/very-disappointing-324309/)

LeeChitty 09-19-2021 12:37 PM

Very Disappointing

2 Attachment(s)
While driving my golf cart to the Sarasota driving range, I noticed the attached picture. Someone intentionally stopped their golf cart and placed an empty Starbucks coffee cup on the curb. Who do they think will pick up this trash? Obviously these are not kids, or non-residents. Why do they live in this community?

If this is the way they chose to live, please go back to where you came from.

justjim 09-19-2021 12:43 PM

Probably left there accidentally after walking their dog or stopping to text. Giving the benefit of doubt. However, agree some think the whole world is their trask can. Especially some smokers. Just saying…

JMintzer 09-19-2021 12:47 PM

Must be from (insert State/Region you don't like here)...

JSR22 09-19-2021 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeeChitty (Post 2006622)
While driving my golf cart to the Sarasota driving range, I noticed the attached picture. Someone intentionally stopped their golf cart and placed an empty Starbucks coffee cup on the curb. Who do they think will pick up this trash? Obviously these are not kids, or non-residents. Why do they live in this community?

I hope you picked it up and put it in the garbage.

Mortal1 09-19-2021 01:20 PM

"Obviously these are not kids, or non-residents."

I'm am truly curious as to how you know this is "obvious". Seems like conclusion jumping is 2nd nature for some people.

GoPacers 09-19-2021 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justjim (Post 2006628)
Probably left there accidentally after walking their dog or stopping to text. Giving the benefit of doubt. However, agree some think the whole world is their trask can. Especially some smokers. Just saying…

I tend to agree with you. To think that someone who was prepared to litter took the time to stop their golf cart, get out and then carefully set the coffee cup down seems a bit far fetched. But hey, a dog walker forgetting to retrieve their coffee after cleaning up after their dog doesn't fit the narrative here on TOTV.

xkeowner 09-19-2021 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mortal1 (Post 2006649)
"Obviously these are not kids, or non-residents."

I'm am truly curious as to how you know this is "obvious". Seems like conclusion jumping is 2nd nature for some people.

"Conclusion Jumping" is possibly the most popular means of exercising in The Villages!

JMintzer 09-19-2021 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xkeowner (Post 2006672)
"Conclusion Jumping" is possibly the most popular means of exercising in The Villages!

I hear it will be an Olympic Sport in Paris...

GrumpyOldMan 09-19-2021 02:17 PM

It seems to be increasing in frequency lately when I am out walking. I have decide to take a plastic garbage bag with me for now on and pick up any I pass. Normally my hands are full with my camera and other nonsense, so I am using a kitchen bag that has the tie built in, and looping that in my belt.

Sadly, it seems many American's are slobs, and have no pride in our country. I lived about 15 miles outside of town before I moved here. That seemed to be exactly how low it took people to drink their soda from the drive through. Sharon and I had to do weekly walk arounds and pick up all the litter - we even found dirty diapers people had tossed out of their car windows and onto our road easement.

Pride seems to be in short supply.

John_W 09-19-2021 02:27 PM

There is a lot of younger adults out driving carts. Last week at Bailey's Trail and Buena Vista I was approaching the gate house and a cart with a couple of 30 year olds, never stopped and crossed the road right in front of me. They have the stop sign, cars do not. I had to slam on my brakes, he was right in front me and stopped. He turned and put his arms out, like look at me, what are you doing. I gave him a loud verbal comment, "golf carts don't have the right of way, cars do".

Velvet 09-19-2021 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John_W (Post 2006694)
There is a lot of younger adults out driving carts. Last week at Bailey's Trail and Buena Vista I was approaching the gate house and a cart with a couple of 30 year olds, never stopped and crossed the road right in front of me. They have the stop sign, cars do not. I had to slam on my brakes, he was right in front me and stopped. He turned and put his arms out, like look at me, what are you doing. I gave him a loud verbal comment, "golf carts don't have the right of way, cars do".

Hey you! Welcome back.

And you are right.

Dana1963 09-19-2021 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeeChitty (Post 2006622)

Maybe it should be checked for fingerprints and DNA.

Koapaka 09-19-2021 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dana1963 (Post 2006730)
Maybe it should be checked for fingerprints and DNA.

Al la J. Edgar Hoover

Djean1981 09-19-2021 04:20 PM

I agree, intentionally littering would likely result in the cup being thrown in the grass.

Calisport 09-19-2021 04:59 PM

In larger cities, you may get whole jack in the box bag, drinks, cigarette butts and garbage thrown out windows of cars. They don’t even stop their cars. I like the trash on a bus bench when a trash can is 5 feet away.