Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Medical and Health Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/medical-health-discussion-94/)
-   -   Prolapsed bladder? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/medical-health-discussion-94/prolapsed-bladder-324346/)

Heartnsoul 09-20-2021 09:11 AM

Prolapsed bladder?

Ladies. Have any of you had a prolapsed bladder? I can't get in to Dr until October and have so many questions. What do they do for it today. I know yrs ago they had a net surgery but I only heard very bad experiences from it. Office told me NO EXERCISE till I see Dr which is killing me as I'm a gym rat. I called GYN. IS that the correct Dr to see? Any tips please? Don't know what happened to women's forum. This would have been appropriate to post there

Bogie Shooter 09-20-2021 09:54 AM

/////

paulat585 09-20-2021 09:54 AM

There is a group on Facebook named "Let's Talk About Pelvic Organ Prolapse" which can answer a lot of your questions. Good luck!

Heartnsoul 09-20-2021 10:40 AM

I have tried googling but prefer asking women who experienced this, Dr recommendations etc. PLEASE NO comments from men

Heartnsoul 09-20-2021 10:41 AM

Thank u

GrumpyOldMan 09-20-2021 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heartnsoul (Post 2007017)
Ladies. Have any of you had a prolapsed bladder? I can't get in to Dr until October and have so many questions. What do they do for it today. I know yrs ago they had a net surgery but I only heard very bad experiences from it. Office told me NO EXERCISE till I see Dr which is killing me as I'm a gym rat. I called GYN. IS that the correct Dr to see? Any tips please? Don't know what happened to women's forum. This would have been appropriate to post there

My wife had a net/sling and that was 10 years ago and she has had no negative side effects.

I looked into it at the time (and since) and it appears to be a very successful procedure. There are a small number of people that have issues. None of those issues are life-threatening and are easily corrected.

Of course, any surgery is risky, and everyone reacts differently. I would rely on my surgeon rather than people on the internet to answer that question.

Velvet 09-20-2021 12:34 PM

Quote:

Me too, gym rat at least I used to be now I’ve got a home gym because of Covid. I still miss the smell of iron.

My mom had this problem, she was a gymnast. She got a pessary. For a good 40 years. No problem other than the size needed to be changed every say 10 years. This was before nets and she wasn’t into any kind of surgery anyway unless it would save her life. (I don’t like to tell a doctor how to treat but… I have only one body.)

And… don’t let anyone scare you about this condition. It is very common and women in many countries, don’t even have the option of surgery, but manage just fine.

Heartnsoul 09-20-2021 01:48 PM

I know someone who had the net and ended up crying Worse thing SHE ever did she said. So will try to avoid that Hopefully in 10 yes something new has come along. Seeing Dr Thursday

Velvet 09-20-2021 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heartnsoul (Post 2007204)
I know someone who had the net and ended up crying Worse thing SHE ever did she said. So will try to avoid that Hopefully in 10 yes something new has come along. Seeing Dr Thursday

Best wishes.

geobet 09-21-2021 05:12 AM

Prolapsed bladder

Quote:

I was an OB/Gyn RN for 45 years. There are a number of options available to you but you need to see an Gynecologist or Urogynecologist to examine you and determine the degree of prolapse and then the proper treatment. Please stay away from the scare stories. Good luck

Tuly914 09-21-2021 05:24 AM

Try to see a Urogynecologist, not just a Gynecologist. Urogynecologist specializes in all woman parts. Good luck and be well.

QUOTE=Heartnsoul;2007017]Ladies. Have any of you had a prolapsed bladder? I can't get in to Dr until October and have so many questions. What do they do for it today. I know yrs ago they had a net surgery but I only heard very bad experiences from it. Office told me NO EXERCISE till I see Dr which is killing me as I'm a gym rat. I called GYN. IS that the correct Dr to see? Any tips please? Don't know what happened to women's forum. This would have been appropriate to post there[/QUOTE]

Jewelz 09-21-2021 06:02 AM

Yes, you will want to see a Uro - Gyne. I was a Women's Health nurse for many years and we did see bladder prolapse a LOT!
I don't know anything about this Doc, but have seen ads for her-
Uzoma K. Nwaubani, MD: Urogynecology, Medical Spa, & Laser Center Wildwood, FL: NUWA WORLD

KRMACK55 09-21-2021 06:56 AM

Quote:

Depends upon the quality of the doctor. I have the same problem. The existing procedure that is commonly known works for younger women for years. Doctors in Florida will tell you to do exercises and physical therapy, to strengthen the muscles however I don’t think that’s the solution. I’m going to check into a better solution out of state.

rochellepfaff 09-21-2021 07:57 AM

I had a prolapsed bladder and uterus about 6 years ago. I had a hysterotomy and bladder repair. My GYN did the surgery at the Leesburg hospital. I was there for only 2 days. No problems at all. Things are fine now.

cronin2 09-21-2021 08:33 AM

Gyn/Uro

I have a friend who went to her gynecologist and then 2 different urologists for leakage. She tried specialized physical therapy which helped a little. It was recommended that she see a gynecologist/urologist . Dr Emily Weber Le Brun from UF Florida in Gainesville has an office in The Villages. I would suggest a consultation with her 352-355-1296. I have learned that you don’t choose a doctor for possible surgery on who is available first👍