Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Texas couple asked to leave restaurant for WEARING A MASK (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/texas-couple-asked-leave-restaurant-wearing-mask-324411/)

jbartle1 09-21-2021 03:08 PM

Texas couple asked to leave restaurant for WEARING A MASK

They were trying to protect four month old immunocompromised child! Are you kidding me????? What the heck is going on in Texas????

Velvet 09-21-2021 03:11 PM

They took the immune compromised child to the restaurant? Or they just didn’t want to catch Covid. Then why would they go to a place where you have to take your mask off to eat?

DAVES 09-21-2021 03:20 PM

Re: covid 19
We, including me, are in a state of confusion. No matter what your OPINION is we find others to agree as well as others to disagree.
We've taken two Physer vaccines. Last week I asked my doctor if we should take a third. He is not allowed or does not want to take the time to say DUH I DON'T KNOW. I assume all will get the same information. A trip to the grocery store where we are forced to get our drugs. They are pretty good. I just find it weird to get drugs there. We were told they cannot give your the third shot they will get instructions early Oct. My point the people in medicine do not know what to do. Imagine a restaurant.

Vikingjunior 09-21-2021 03:30 PM

What does this have to do with TOTV?

Number 10 GI 09-21-2021 03:30 PM

What is your source for this tale of woe? Why would a parent bring their child who is immune comprised to a place where it could pick up the flu, a common cold or some other disease besides Covid?

golfing eagles 09-21-2021 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbartle1 (Post 2007790)
They were trying to protect four month old immunocompromised child! Are you kidding me????? What the heck is going on in Texas????

Source??????

Two Bills 09-21-2021 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfing eagles (Post 2007811)
source??????

cnn.

coralway 09-21-2021 04:29 PM

Sounds like the NYC incident.

golfing eagles 09-21-2021 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coralway (Post 2007829)
Sounds like the NYC incident.

Sounds like click-bait to me. And if this actually happened, the parents should receive this month's Darwin Award.

GrumpyOldMan 09-21-2021 04:40 PM

Amazing it only took two or three posts to swing this around to blaming the victims.

coralway 09-21-2021 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfing eagles (Post 2007831)
Sounds like click-bait to me. And if this actually happened, the parents should receive this month's Darwin Award.

Yes, it did happen - they made a big scene. Now, their lawyer is claiming discrimination, that the staff made racial comments toward them.

Number 10 GI 09-21-2021 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coralway (Post 2007834)
Yes, it did happen - they made a big scene. Now, their lawyer is claiming discrimination, that the staff made racial comments toward them.

When all else fails, throw out the race card.

golfing eagles 09-21-2021 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coralway (Post 2007834)

And they brought a 4 month old immunocompromised baby to a restaurant????
The staff should have been making stupidity comments rather than racial ones.

Bogie Shooter 09-21-2021 04:50 PM

No, they did not take the baby to the restaurant, he was left with his grandmother.
I could not find anywhere anything about a law suit?
Texas couple was asked to leave restaurant for wearing face masks to protect their immunocompromised infant - CNN

Wow, you all really jumped to some serious conclusions!

golfing eagles 09-21-2021 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter (Post 2007843)
No, they did not take the baby to the restaurant, he was left with his grandmother.
I could not find anywhere anything about a law suit?
Texas couple was asked to leave restaurant for wearing face masks to protect their immunocompromised infant - CNN

Wow, you all really jumped to some serious conclusions!

OK, the kid was home (thank God)

So how did these rocket scientists figure that wearing a mask in a restaurant would protect their baby????

Yep, I got it, they THINK a mask will protect them from getting COVID and therefore keep the kid safe.

Well, like I said above---Darwin award winners.