Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Nothing Bundt Cakes. (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/nothing-bundt-cakes-324657/)

Taltarzac725 09-30-2021 09:56 AM

Nothing Bundt Cakes.

About Nothing Bundt Cakes Frosting, Bundt Cakes and Beginnings

Would love to get your opinion on what their Nothing Bundt Cakes are like when they open up in Lady Lake. The Villages Daily Sun had a October 2, 2021 opening estimated today in their Construction Coverage.

Taltarzac725 09-30-2021 11:11 AM

This is next to the Rock and Wash Laundromat ROCK & WASH - Laundromat - 982 Bichara Blvd, Lady Lake, FL - Phone Number

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 (Post 2010895)

Would love to get your opinion on what their Nothing Bundt Cakes are like when they open up in Lady Lake. The Villages Daily Sun had a October 2, 2021 opening estimated today in their Construction Coverage.

Taltarzac725 09-30-2021 11:13 AM

Nothing Bundt Cake

988 Bichara Blvd

Lady Lake, FL 32159

OrangeBlossomBaby 09-30-2021 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 (Post 2010930)
Nothing Bundt Cake

988 Bichara Blvd

Lady Lake, FL 32159

Heh you know you can edit your posts, you don't have to post one tidbit and then a whole new post to add another tidbit about the same thing.

Meanwhile - I'm looking forward to trying them! At $4.50 for a mini cake it's a bit over my budget for a regular treat (plus too many calories) but I'm always up for trying a new chocolate cake at least once!

Taltarzac725 09-30-2021 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby (Post 2010931)
Heh you know you can edit your posts, you don't have to post one tidbit and then a whole new post to add another tidbit about the same thing.

Meanwhile - I'm looking forward to trying them! At $4.50 for a mini cake it's a bit over my budget for a regular treat (plus too many calories) but I'm always up for trying a new chocolate cake at least once!

I usually get up to the part of town at least once a week. So, I will give them a few tries.

njbchbum 09-30-2021 12:28 PM

Their cakes are tasty but pricey. Raspberry/Lemon is one of my favorites! They also sell the cutest decorations for all sorts of events. We find them fun for special occasions; and their bogo free and free birthday offers are a bargain.

cswett5234 09-30-2021 12:55 PM

(UNRELATED STORY...SORRY) When I was 7yrs old my Mom baked in a bundt pan for the first time, when she flipped it over only HALF of it came out, other half stuck in the pan...she cursed and threw the top part away....then (this is the best part) she poured me a large glass of milk and we sat on the kitchen table, forks in hand, and ate as much of the stuck-cake as we could, delicious!! It was warm from the oven, we ate it all before Dad came home (my sister was in school, think I was home sick).

Bogie Shooter 09-30-2021 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 (Post 2010895)

https://www.talkofthevillages.com/fo...ht=Bundt+cakes

Skip 09-30-2021 03:45 PM

We were in Orlando not long ago, waiting for a restaurant to open for lunch at 11:30 AM. We stopped in one of their NBC stores and bought two Minis just to say we tried it. Had them that night for dessert at home. OK but nothing spectacular.

What was spectacular (besides the very high prices) was the parade of customers picking up BIG expensive cakes to take home or the office at 11:30 AM on a Thursday. In 30 minutes they probably sold 12 cakes.

Like many others (Hoeny Baked Ham comes to mind) it just might be a temporary fad.

Skip

jimbomaybe 09-30-2021 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby (Post 2010931)

Hard to beat the recipe on the back of Hersey's Cocoa, I follow the recipe, but use Swans Down Cake flour, bake in Air Bake pans (double walled, edges don't dry out) , frosting 8oz cream cheese , 8oz mascarpone, tsp vanilla, powdered sugar to taste (very rich and as sweet as you like ) filling raspberry, cherry , what ever floats your boat

Kelevision 09-30-2021 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip (Post 2011071)
We were in Orlando not long ago, waiting for a restaurant to open for lunch at 11:30 AM. We stopped in one of their NBC stores and bought two Minis just to say we tried it. Had them that night for dessert at home. OK but nothing spectacular.

What was spectacular (besides the very high prices) was the parade of customers picking up BIG expensive cakes to take home or the office at 11:30 AM on a Thursday. In 30 minutes they probably sold 12 cakes.

Like many others (Hoeny Baked Ham comes to mind) it just might be a temporary fad.

Skip

They used to sell them at my local Whole Foods years ago. They’ve been around a while. I didn’t know they had actual bakeries. Or maybe they didn’t back then? But I’m not from Texas so they must have had a deal with certain stores to sell them. They carried different flavors of the minis and large ones too.

Opengineer150 09-30-2021 06:59 PM

Just a over priced cup cake size bunt cake nothing special ..

thelegges 09-30-2021 07:53 PM

We gave them as gifts for a few years at Christmas, to friends. We stopped using them last Christmas, because there just wasn’t a wow factor.
I find them ok but nothing I can’t live without. Packaging is lot for the environment, but that’s individual products.

OrangeBlossomBaby 09-30-2021 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip (Post 2011071)

Skip

Honey Baked Ham is still pretty popular here, they do a brisk lunch business at the one on 441.

OrangeBlossomBaby 09-30-2021 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbomaybe (Post 2011095)
Hard to beat the recipe on the back of Hersey's Cocoa, I follow the recipe, but use Swans Down Cake flour, bake in Air Bake pans (double walled, edges don't dry out) , frosting 8oz cream cheese , 8oz mascarpone, tsp vanilla, powdered sugar to taste (very rich and as sweet as you like ) filling raspberry, cherry , what ever floats your boat

I don't own an electric mixer, so cakes are pretty much the only baked dessert I won't make from scratch. I do make amazing chocolate fudge frosting though. So I make a cake from a Dunkin Hines or Betty Crocker box (whichever's on sale). Both brands result in a devil's food cake that stands up well to the frosting. I make a layer cake with the stuff. If you've ever had an Entenmann's Filled Blackout Cake, it's sort of like that. But better.