Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Computer questions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/computer-questions-92/)
-   -   Playing Music on My Computer (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/computer-questions-92/playing-music-my-computer-325099/)

Michael G. 10-11-2021 12:07 PM

Playing Music on My Computer

I HATE I-TUNES, I lost more music using I-tubes then it's worth
Is there a alternative for playing music?

Bill14564 10-11-2021 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael G. (Post 2016184)

We use Amazon music. It's a subscription so it's not free but it's cheaper than buying new music all the time. We've been able to recreate our iTunes playlists so as far as I know we haven't lost anything.

Amazon music is the option I'm familiar with but there are others.

Dana1963 10-11-2021 01:46 PM

Quote:

I use iTunes and convert the m4a files with Ukeysoft Apple Music Converter (removes DRM) works with Mac or Windows conversion is faster with Windows.
Then transfer files to 500gb external hard drive as mp3. I loads music into phone or 64gb thumb drives for car.
There is also Tunepat Amazon Music Converter for Win haven’t tried it. Never heard of I-tubes.

OrangeBlossomBaby 10-11-2021 03:02 PM

YouTube and Vimeo. I've never had an apple device, so have also never used itunes. There's also Pandora and Spotify. All of these have ads with their free versions, but you can pay a subscription premium and not hear ads if you'd prefer.

GrumpyOldMan 10-11-2021 03:30 PM

Do you want to organize your music or play it? It sounds like you are using iTunes to organize your music, if you have lost some. Is it purchased music or music you have recorded? Too many questions to be able to give a good answer.

coralway 10-11-2021 06:53 PM

iTunes is fantastic. Never had an issue in over 4 years now, have 560 songs on my phone. Just renewed for another year.

Topspinmo 10-11-2021 08:10 PM

Quote:

Utube, till goggle start’s charging for subscribers.

starflyte1 10-12-2021 07:30 AM

Pandora

Pandora is great! Then I place blue tooth speakers around the house and have music all day, with nice sound.

OrangeBlossomBaby 10-12-2021 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topspinmo (Post 2016350)
Utube, till goggle start’s charging for subscribers.

It's YouTube, and it's Google, and it's starts.

There are a few different YouTube options. Only one of them is free. You already have to pay for a subscription for ad-free YouTube.

jdulej 10-12-2021 08:27 AM

For something a little more unpredictable, try Radio Paradise (Radio Paradise). It is a radio channel, so it does not tailor music to what some so-called AI thinks you want to hear. You will get exposure to new/old things.

Dana1963 10-12-2021 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdulej (Post 2016474)
For something a little more unpredictable, try Radio Paradise (Radio Paradise). It is a radio channel, so it does not tailor music to what some so-called AI thinks you want to hear. You will get exposure to new/old things.

Thanks for the suggestion and there aren’t any open house adds

roscoguy 10-12-2021 10:47 AM

Quote:

You don't say which OS but for Windows, I use a free app called MusicBee to play songs stored on my computer. It has a lot of options, including multiple playlists, the ability to edit track data, displaying the lyrics of the current song & more.
I also listen to various internet radio stations via an app called RadioSure. You can select you favorite genre & search for all stations worldwide that play that type of music, and then set up a list of your favorite stations. I switch between several, just as I would on a car radio. The app works pretty well, but not all stations on the search list are still available & some have been dropped occasionally. Some of the stations I listen to have ads although RadioSure itself does not.

Michael G. 10-12-2021 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrumpyOldMan (Post 2016250)
Do you want to organize your music or play it?

Both

Inexes@aol.com 10-13-2021 01:13 PM

Rudeness

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby (Post 2016442)
It's YouTube, and it's Google, and it's starts.

There are a few different YouTube options. Only one of them is free. You already have to pay for a subscription for ad-free YouTube.

Totally uncalled for........

Graspher 10-13-2021 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrumpyOldMan (Post 2016250)
Do you want to organize your music or play it? It sounds like you are using iTunes to organize your music, if you have lost some. Is it purchased music or music you have recorded? Too many questions to be able to give a good answer.

I’m not the OP but would be interested in knowing if there is something other then iTunes to organize music files. My goal is to organize music on my windows computer and to also transfer those created playlists to my iPhone.

I have zero desire to stream music.