Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Lady Seeking Friendship (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/lady-seeking-friendship-325148/)

Penglobal 10-12-2021 01:07 PM

Lady Seeking Friendship

As a newbie single lady, I'm just getting my feet wet here in The Villages and have been looking for male companionship. I have tried the normal avenues but the men that I have met appear immature, ALL looking for one thing and some men are viewing me as a "meal card", (male version of a gold-digger).

I'm seeking an unmarried gentlemen in his 60's for companionship, friendship and happy times. BTW - The gentlemen MOST be unmarried. Do you guys have any suggestions? Thanks !

Two Bills 10-12-2021 01:24 PM

Can you cook and clean good?

Dana1963 10-12-2021 01:32 PM

Good Luck you are obviously a smart women.

davem4616 10-12-2021 01:37 PM

IMHO, go network in the right places

You may be too young to remember Connie Francis song "Where the Boys Are"...but you really should consider putting yourself in situations where 'the boys are'

try getting involved in one of the local churches...amazing how many people have a friend that they'd love to connect with someone that they know that's nice

get involved in one of the many clubs that involves something that you're interested in and guys in their 60's would also be interested in / and attending....

get involved as a volunteer in a cause that you believe in, that would be attractive to guys (Habitat for Humanity might be one example)

I used to tell the daughters, if you want to be married to a 'bar fly', go keep going to the bars...if you want to be married to someone that you share interests with, meet them at the Ski Club, at the hiking club, etc.

It's funny...when you're looking hard for something it never seems to show up....but when you're not looking what you seek just seems to show up

good luck...it's not easy, but he's out there and keep your standards high

Oh, there's also single clubs in TV

manaboutown 10-12-2021 01:47 PM

///

New Englander 10-12-2021 03:34 PM

Well, I'm single. But I'm looking for a nurse with a purse.

Ulrickdj 10-12-2021 03:57 PM

You may want to try the "Single in the Villages" (SITV) group. I am a newbie to the group. You can find it on Facebook, and you'll need to register there to join. The group has grown to over 2,900 in the last 2 years. They do a lot of events and you can be as active as you like.

thevillages2013 10-12-2021 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Penglobal (Post 2016576)
As a newbie single lady, I'm just getting my feet wet here in The Villages and have been looking for male companionship. I have tried the normal avenues but the men that I have met appear immature, ALL looking for one thing and some men are viewing me as a "meal card", (male version of a gold-digger).

I'm seeking an unmarried gentlemen in his 60's for companionship, friendship and happy times. BTW - The gentlemen MOST be unmarried. Do you guys have any suggestions? Thanks !

Pictures?

Rose Ann Vinci Igoe 10-12-2021 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Penglobal (Post 2016576)

Don't look only for Male friendships but you want male and female friends that is how you enjoy your life. Get involved in an activity you like so you will have things in common. Friendships don't happen over night, they take time to develop. Go to singles dances , and single dance classes and just look to have fun and make all sorts of friends. Men as well as single women, "do look for a comfortable situation". Be selective and just don't try so hard to meet "a gentleman friend"... all will fall into place.. just mix with groups you like the best. Many to choose 3,000, all levels of activities and things to do. Don't forget your neighborhood group, mix there too.

manaboutown 10-12-2021 04:34 PM

///

Penglobal 10-12-2021 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New Englander (Post 2016635)
Well, I'm single. But I'm looking for a nurse with a purse.

Although your statement is rather frivolous and silly, I have unfortunately met several gentlemen who she a relatively young educated and financially secure lady as an easy target and their primary intention is xxx and a meal card while all I'm looking for is companionship and conversation. All the good guys apparently have been taken.

I met a lovely and younger gentleman at the Bluefin restaurant and within 60 minutes of conversation several drinks and dinner, he was asking me about protection. I immediately picked-up the tab, paid and told him that my protection is leaving by myself.

manaboutown 10-12-2021 07:21 PM

///

retiredguy123 10-12-2021 07:37 PM

The OP is asking guys for advice on finding a man. So, to be perfectly honest, my only advice is that, for a woman to advertise upfront that she is not interested in physical intimacy, is a bad idea. That is my two cents, which, on this topic, is probably not even worth two cents.

manaboutown 10-12-2021 07:44 PM

///

Koapaka 10-12-2021 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Two Bills (Post 2016583)
Can you cook and clean good?

FAV saying of a few friends of mine that are now "single and participating" in the dating scene here ,,,"Yeah, thanks but no thanks. I'm not your nurse and I am not your purse."