Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Chop House - First and last time. (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/chop-house-first-last-time-325162/)

drbales 10-12-2021 04:36 PM

Chop House - First and last time.

Went there last night with party of five. While the service was very good the food was not at all. Filet had to be returned - ordered med rare and was served well done. Why it ever was allowed to leave the kitchen is beyond me. Took forever to be replaced. When meals were being placed on the table we were informed at that time that they had no more baked potatoes. Replaced with mashed. not what we had in mind. Overall bill with dinner, drinks and tip $375. Not the quality expected or delivered. NO plans to ever return.

billethkid 10-12-2021 04:43 PM

What did the manager/person in charge have to say?

Garywt 10-12-2021 04:53 PM

We went once and that was it for us. The price verses everything else was not worth it. To many other places to eat than to return to a place that didn’t do it for us.

Number 10 GI 10-12-2021 05:13 PM

Don't complain here, ask for the manager right then and there. How can a manager be expected to maintain quality service if he doesn't get feedback? If I don't receive the service or quality of food I'm paying for I always get the manager and air my complaint. I also ask for the manager if I get excellent service/food and tell him/her how much I appreciate it. Remember, the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

salpal 10-12-2021 05:26 PM

To each his own, but I Love the Chop House, have never had bad service nor a bad meal. While a bit more pricey than the chain restaurants we have all over, my personal opinion is that it is worth it for a great meal.

charlieo1126@gmail.com 10-12-2021 05:39 PM

I’m there 5 or 6 times a month, never had a problem or know anyone that did , but it happens , if you had brought it to attention of management I’m sure they would have done something for you

coralway 10-12-2021 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salpal (Post 2016675)
To each his own, but I Love the Chop House, have never had bad service nor a bad meal. While a bit more pricey than the chain restaurants we have all over, my personal opinion is that it is worth it for a great meal.

Ditto - love the place. Great food and just as great service. A tad pricey? Yes, but nowadays most places are

Babubhat 10-12-2021 05:54 PM

Management has always taken care of any issues on the spot

npwalters 10-12-2021 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babubhat (Post 2016683)
Management has always taken care of any issues on the spot

The sign of a good restaurant is one that does not require intervention by the manager after a problem. Hopefully he has set an atmosphere and service model that gets it right from the beginning.

tophcfa 10-12-2021 06:38 PM

We enjoy the Chop House, but last time there was a new menu and our go to dinners were no longer available and the price increases were very substantial. It is now only a couple times a year special occasion type of place.

Garywt 10-12-2021 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlieo1126@gmail.com (Post 2016679)
I’m there 5 or 6 times a month, never had a problem or know anyone that did , but it happens , if you had brought it to attention of management I’m sure they would have done something for you

We generally don’t eat out 5-6 times a month, never mind 5-6 times at the same restaurant. In 2020 we only went out 3 times, eating outside each time. This year we have been out maybe a half dozen times.

Babubhat 10-12-2021 07:25 PM

So the manager is tasting food before it’s served? Makes no sense.

JSR22 10-12-2021 07:35 PM

We eat therE 1 to 2 times every week. Never had a bad meal and the service is always great. They always have at least 2 managers on the floor. You should have spoken to a manager instead of complaining on TOTV.

DeanFL 10-12-2021 08:06 PM

We were there last night, 2 couples. Service was fantastic - his name was Cyril. Very professional - perfect. We had 2 orders of lamb shank, 1 of Sea Bass, 1 Pork medallions. Each was GREAT. 2 managers stopped by at various times to ensure all was good.

Could not have been better.

charlieo1126@gmail.com 10-12-2021 08:14 PM

I don’t understand your post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garywt (Post 2016712)
We generally don’t eat out 5-6 times a month, never mind 5-6 times at the same restaurant. In 2020 we only went out 3 times, eating outside each time. This year we have been out maybe a half dozen times.

am I supposed to feel guilty or something , I never cook , never , the last time I turned on a stove was before I got my first Keurig a very long time ago and had to boil water for instant coffees , I spent money foolishly when I didn’t have it and I spend even more foolishly when I do have enough