Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Golf in The Villages (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/golf-villages-216/)
-   -   Dress code (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/golf-villages-216/dress-code-325286/)

Garywt 10-15-2021 02:19 PM

Dress code

On an executive 9 hole beginner course, what is the dress code. Planning our first ever round of golf in The Villages and all I have in Florida is shorts and t-shirts. Hoping t-shires are allowed on the executive courses. Thanks

jdulej 10-15-2021 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garywt (Post 2017822)
On an executive 9 hole beginner course, what is the dress code. Planning our first ever round of golf in The Villages and all I have in Florida is shorts and t-shirts. Hoping t-shires are allowed on the executive courses. Thanks

Nope, no t-shirts. You need a collared shirt.

blueash 10-15-2021 02:23 PM

Quote:

Golf The Villages
You will find the rules at that site. T-shirt is not enough, shorts are fine.

retiredguy123 10-15-2021 02:24 PM

T-shirts are not allowed. You need to wear a shirt with a collar. That rule even applies to the driving range.

And, here is another tip for the driving range. Place the basket under the ball shoot before you put in the token. I learned that one the hard way.

JSR22 10-15-2021 02:25 PM

Quote:

Shirt with a collar is required. You need tp purchase a golf shirt.

Garywt 10-15-2021 03:00 PM

Thanks all, I could not find it but my wife now tells me she saw it.

Next question, do we need to keep score? My wife and I have never kept score. We play and whoever lost the fewest balls at the end of 9 holes wins. Our plan is to do the same thing in The Villages.

JSR22 10-15-2021 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garywt (Post 2017839)

Next question, do we need to keep score? My wife and I have never kept score. We play and whoever lost the fewest balls at the end of 9 holes wins. Our plan is to do the same thing in The Villages.

I don't keep score and some of my friends do not. I count the strokes for the hole I am on because you need to pick up the ball once you double par. Be careful what courses you select. Stay off of Pelican it is a ball loss course.

I'm Popeye! 10-15-2021 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garywt (Post 2017839)

Just as long you don't hit more than 6 strokes on a PAR 3 and 7 on a PAR 4, you'll be fine in front of me... :icon_wink:

DARFAP 10-15-2021 03:36 PM

Golf standard: golf shirt

SIRE1 10-15-2021 03:52 PM

Another point, besides not wearing a T-shirt. There are no "beginner" golf courses in The Villages. The Executive course are for regular play, just shorter. So like a number of other people have posted, you don't need to keep score but you should keep track of the number of strokes. Typically double par is the maximum you should take on each and every hole (e.g. max of 6 strokes, including putts, on a par 3 hole). That is because there probably are a number of groups behind you that want to play. Be considerate and keep a steady pace, so you don't back up play.

retiredguy123 10-15-2021 04:06 PM

I think the dress code is defective. Here is the official dress code for men:

"Shirts shall have a collar and sleeves. Turtle-necks or mock turtle-necks are acceptable. (Min. 1/4 inch collars.)"

Can someone please explain how a mock turtle-neck shirt with a one quarter inch collar is different from a T-shirt? I think that all of my T-shirts would meet their definition for a mock turtle-neck.

CoachKandSportsguy 10-15-2021 04:14 PM

I buy all my golf shirts at the discount rack at any store which carries them. You can get a plain collared shirt, light weight for $20 or less. I never pay more than $40 dollars for a golf shirt unless its special. . . Goto Beales near buffalo ridge, and check out the discount rack, hit or miss for your size, but maybe $10 off season. .

bad golfer

CoachKandSportsguy 10-15-2021 04:15 PM

keeping score only is required for trophies and cash prizes. . . and usually that;s not on amateur day, which will be the day you play.

kkingston57 10-15-2021 05:00 PM

Interesting rules. Must wear a collared shirt, but can wear jeans.

OrangeBlossomBaby 10-15-2021 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSR22 (Post 2017828)
Shirt with a collar is required. You need tp purchase a golf shirt.

It doesn't need to be a golf shirt. A polo shirt is fine, so is one of those funky hawaiian button-down shirts.