Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Medical and Health Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/medical-health-discussion-94/)
-   -   Inpatient, rehab physical therapy (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/medical-health-discussion-94/inpatient-rehab-physical-therapy-325607/)

DanfromNC 10-25-2021 10:13 AM

Inpatient, rehab physical therapy

Does anyone have first hand knowledge of a good, inpatient rehab facility. Our friends father is in need of one and was just handed a list of local facilities. She would love recommendations. Thanks

thirtyoughtsix 10-25-2021 01:44 PM

The Villages Regional Hospital in patient rehab. It is 5 star. I was there for 3 weeks after brain surgery and the staff is professional and dedicated to their profession. I cant't say enough about them.

charlieo1126@gmail.com 10-25-2021 01:46 PM

I hope you have recovered fully 🙏

Stu from NYC 10-25-2021 02:52 PM

My wife used Cora and therapists were good but they would work with 3-4 patients at a time.

retiredguy123 10-25-2021 02:59 PM

Freedom Pointe
Buffalo Ridge
The Club

Dhaka2 10-26-2021 05:04 AM

Do not go to Encompass in Ocala.

Singerlady 10-26-2021 05:16 AM

The Othopedic Institute on 441.

Luggage 10-26-2021 05:25 AM

Rehab

First off recommendations are good to read about, but you must visit each facility you are considering. Some are attached to old people homes, and some are strictly rehab. The other thing you have to see is how they do their rehab, is it private lessons one-on-one or is it done in a group room facility just like you would do in a school one teacher and five or six patients. I'm not saying one way or the other is better as some people like to see how other people are doing it and getting encouragement that way.
Two other things to consider, do you have a private room or a group room, private bath etc, how is the food if it's going to be where you're staying for two or three weeks.

TomM 10-26-2021 05:58 AM

My wife had a stroke. The Village Hospital Rehab is excellent. The patient is “encouraged” to perform both physical and occupational therapy. Very professional staff. The patient has to work hard but that is what rehab is all about.

kidnerkim 10-26-2021 06:04 AM

Freedom Point on El Camino Real

Joanne19335 10-26-2021 06:13 AM

Buffalo Crossing

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanfromNC (Post 2021310)
Does anyone have first hand knowledge of a good, inpatient rehab facility. Our friends father is in need of one and was just handed a list of local facilities. She would love recommendations. Thanks

After a serious golf cart accident, I was admitted to Buffalo Crossing for a month of rehab for a compound fracture to my right ankle. I can’t say enough about the wonderful care I received. Even the food is good. Since this was my first (and hopefully last) rehab experience, I can only speak about this facility. I am sure there are other ones in TV that you could explore. Everyone here has been great.

Joanne19335 10-26-2021 06:19 AM

I have a private room, bath and television. PT is one-on-one. The food is excellent. You pick your entrée from a menu. If you are in a position to visit other facilities, you should do so. I came straight to BC from the hospital. I chose it because it was close to my home. I really lucked out.

villageuser 10-26-2021 06:24 AM

When I needed an inpatient rehab facility, I asked around to various physical therapists, ortho doctors, and friends who are in the medical field who they would recommend. I was told Buffalo Ridge, Freedom Pointe and Lady Lake Rehab, the actual order I don’t remember. I went to Lady Lake Rehab and quite happy with the experience. That was a couple of years ago, right before pandemic. Do visit, or have someone visit for you, the facilities to help you in your decision.

villager 10-26-2021 06:26 AM

Run. Forrest, Run AWAY from The Club!!! My father was there for three weeks and the care was awful. Also, if you go on the Medicare site for rehab facility ratings, you will see The Club has a complaint against them for abuse. I finally moved my father to Buffalo Crossing rehab. He received great care, people were caring, facility was clean, nurses and doctors were great. Buffalo Crossing is the only rehab facility that has a four star rating (out of 5) in The Villages area. The rest are 2-3. Several high rated facilities in Ocala, too.

JaneG1 10-26-2021 07:10 AM

I was very pleased with the care my mother received at Buffalo Crossing. The facility was clean and the staff attentive. The physician in charge of her care was responsive to my questions and concerns.