Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Steak (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/steak-326202/)

BobnBev 11-10-2021 02:27 PM

Steak

Who's got the best steak in the Villages, or surrounding area?

davem4616 11-10-2021 02:30 PM

if you want to travel to Ocala Mark's Steakhouse can't be beat

Babubhat 11-10-2021 02:50 PM

Get prime steak from sams. Easy to cook and better than anything in a restaurant

Stu from NYC 11-10-2021 02:52 PM

Wish our oven broiler would get hotter. Cannot get steak they way I would like it.

Marks prime is excellent.

dewilson58 11-10-2021 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davem4616 (Post 2027681)
if you want to travel to Ocala Mark's Steakhouse can't be beat

:bigbow:

JSR22 11-10-2021 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobnBev (Post 2027677)

In TV Chop House prime aged Delmonico is excellent.
Outside of TV Stirrups at the World Equestrian Center in Ocala.

Garywt 11-10-2021 06:21 PM

I need to try Marks at some point. Closer to home, probably Texas Roadhouse but you need your car.

dewilson58 11-10-2021 06:30 PM

Try Oscar Penn for fun.

Dr Winston O Boogie jr 11-10-2021 06:33 PM

Texas Roadhouse

valuemkt 11-10-2021 06:40 PM

Best in the Villages ? Prima - way better than ChopHouse. BUT, it pales in comparison to surrounding area, which is subject to your mileage tolerance. Amazingly, I agree that, comparatively, Texas Roadhouse puts out some decent steak.

BUT, again, Mark's Steakhouse Ocala, Flemings in Orlando, Charlies in Tampa put the above to shame. You will pay for it, but you (normally) get what you pay for in more major markets that don't have captive consumers

Ecuadog 11-10-2021 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dewilson58 (Post 2027770)
Try Oscar Penn for fun.

It has been a while, but if the steaks are as good as the seafood, yeah, go for it.

midiwiz 11-11-2021 05:48 AM

Quote:

it depends on how you want to approach that subject. Best Steak as in steakhouse as like Bern's in Tampa or just the best steak possible with what we have to work with LOL

If you are looking for steakhouse quailty, you be driving. Bern's in Tampa is probably the best in the state however you'll need reservations and getting one is not always easy. Go to Orlando and you can do what I call "meat salad" aka Fogo de Chou or there are several steakhouses between Disney and I Drive Ocala was already mentioned by another poster.

As for here.... LMAO well Chop house isn't all that much better than Outback, roadhouse, etc. They just dress it up to look nice otherwise it's the same as the rest. So I'm at a loss on that one I have yet to find anything better locally.

As a side note my qualifications are - 1) Quality of the Old Fashioned (includes Bourbon Selection) 2) Meat selection 3) Meat quality grade (most local serve select or choice even though they claim it's prime) 4) experience (service)

DaleDivine 11-11-2021 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by midiwiz (Post 2027848)
it depends on how you want to approach that subject. Best Steak as in steakhouse as like Bern's in Tampa or just the best steak possible with what we have to work with LOL

If you are looking for steakhouse quailty, you be driving. Bern's in Tampa is probably the best in the state however you'll need reservations and getting one is not always easy. Go to Orlando and you can do what I call "meat salad" aka Fogo de Chou or there are several steakhouses between Disney and I Drive Ocala was already mentioned by another poster.

As for here.... LMAO well Chop house isn't all that much better than Outback, roadhouse, etc. They just dress it up to look nice otherwise it's the same as the rest. So I'm at a loss on that one I have yet to find anything better locally.

As a side note my qualifications are - 1) Quality of the Old Fashioned (includes Bourbon Selection) 2) Meat selection 3) Meat quality grade (most local serve select or choice even though they claim it's prime) 4) experience (service)

Bern's is the best. Reservations are hard to get, months in advance. And they have a dress code as well. It's worth the trip to visit their wine cellar. Largest wine collection in the world.
:bigbow::clap2::welcome:

DaleDivine 11-11-2021 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu from NYC (Post 2027691)
Wish our oven broiler would get hotter. Cannot get steak they way I would like it.

Marks prime is excellent.

Get my steaks from Sam's. I have a turkey fryer grill that I put a cast iron skillet on. Gets reallllly hot. I can sear a steak to perfection on it. Little burnt on outside and rare to medium rare on the inside. Perfect Pittsburgh style.
Outback is the only steakhouse that we have found that can make good Pittsburgh style steaks...
:bigbow::bigbow:

Luggage 11-11-2021 06:13 AM

And if you grill or make your own steaks there are several mail-order places that deliver true Prime Steak but after 4 heart attacks it's a rare time for me to have any real meat

ogutierrez29@icloud.com 11-11-2021 06:20 AM

Steaks

Quote:

I like Morton’s Steakhouse in Orlando

thevillages2013 11-11-2021 06:23 AM

Quote:

Sam’s. Can’t beat their meat ,umm ,department. Yeah that’s the ticket

skippy05 11-11-2021 06:28 AM

Buy: A Ninja Foodi Indoor 5 in 1 Grill. Buy 2 Quality Steaks. From the refrigerator, place on the counter, well-salted and peppered under cling wrap for 1 hour. The 2nd Hour, with (some, but not too much)Teriyaki, sauced both sides. Using its Grill insert, preheat it to grill mode 2. Place in preheated Ninja for 15 minutes time setting, however, open the lid and flip once every 3 minutes (closing lid in between). Don't use the full 15 minutes, but continue to flip every 3 minutes and check and stop when they are at your liking. This tastes a million times better than any restaurant in the state of Florida and after cooling down the entire interior of the grill can be rinsed in the sink and then totally dishwasher safe. Yes, there isn't a wood smoke flavor in this process, but still, some of the best steaks you can possibly make at home are EASY. And this comes from someone who owned and used a Big Green Egg Grill for many years. The greatness vs the simplicity of effort and ease of convenience and cleaning can not be beaten. Be sure to follow my instructions exactly for perfect results. As a side note: This same unit, used as in the air fryer mode is off the chain results on home fries and so many other things. However, be advised, this unit is rather heavy to move in and out of the cabinet. Don't let that deter you from buying one.

MDLNB 11-11-2021 06:35 AM

I quit getting steaks at restaurants since I have been able to cook a steak to perfection at home. I use a cast iron frying pan with a bit of avocado oil and a bit of butter. Turn the heat all the way up to sear both sides and then turn it down to medium until I get the steak at the right internal temp. If I think the steak might not be a tender as some of the more expensive cuts, I first coat the steak with course sea salt and let it sit for a few hours. Not much seasoning necessary to make a good tasting steak, depending on the cut. Ribeye is my choice cut, but I can make a decent pan fried steak from almost anything.

Otherwise, if I really want to eat a steak out I go to a steak house. I have had some adequate tasting steaks, but nothing to make me recommend to family or friends.

mkjelenbaas 11-11-2021 06:58 AM

Our home does!

Blackbird45 11-11-2021 07:08 AM

If you're looking for a decent and reasonable price steak the Texas Road House is ideal, but if you also want a comfortable atmosphere I would keep looking. If you like to cook, I order online from Porter and York, expensive but they deliver the most tender steaks I've ever had and they also have videos online showing you the best way to cook them.

Juliebythesea 11-11-2021 07:23 AM

Berns Steakhouse

I’ve been to Berne many times. It’s incredible and never had a problem getting a reservation even on the same day

jarodrig 11-11-2021 07:33 AM

Based on my recent visit to The Chop House and ordering a Delmonico steak , The Chop House would be the LAST place I would recommend to find a decent steak !

Bill1701 11-11-2021 08:00 AM

Quote:

Publix.

ANT33 11-11-2021 08:35 AM

Quote:

Cody’s brownwood. Surprisingly good, best thing they make.

Catalina36 11-11-2021 08:42 AM

Long Horn Steak House
Reasonable, Always the Best Steak
I recommend the Outlaw Ribeye 👍

Chi-Town 11-11-2021 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by valuemkt (Post 2027778)

BUT, again, Mark's Steakhouse Ocala, Flemings in Orlando, Charlies in Tampa put the above to shame. You will pay for it, but you (normally) get what you pay for in more major markets that don't have captive consumers

Agree totally with those three.

Heytubes 11-11-2021 09:20 AM

Mark’s Prime in Ocala, Flemnings in Orlando and Chop House here.

dewilson58 11-11-2021 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarodrig (Post 2027908)
Based on my recent visit to The Chop House and ordering a Delmonico steak , The Chop House would be the LAST place I would recommend to find a decent steak !

Agree.
I had high hopes, but the product fell short.
& being from the Midwest, I know.
(at least that's the mentality of East Coasters with pizza & seafood) :1rotfl::1rotfl::1rotfl:

turk3531 11-11-2021 09:43 AM

I have NEVER had a bad steak, or dinner, for that matter, from Lopez CC.

Duppman 11-11-2021 09:53 AM

Quote:

I had a USDA prime grade ribeye at Prima in Brownwood. Best ribeye I've ever had.

Tillson1 11-11-2021 10:02 AM

best steaks

Farmshed at Spanish springs for sure:clap2:

dewilson58 11-11-2021 10:04 AM

Beauty is in the eye of the B-chewer.

It's all relative to what your reference point(s) is/are from your history.

:ho:

Oneiric 11-11-2021 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSR22 (Post 2027719)
In TV Chop House prime aged Delmonico is excellent.
Outside of TV Stirrups at the World Equestrian Center in Ocala.

Delmonico is a denser, more fibrous, cut of meat than a ribeye. How can Chop House not have a ribeye?

Oneiric 11-11-2021 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaleDivine (Post 2027860)
Get my steaks from Sam's. I have a turkey fryer grill that I put a cast iron skillet on. Gets reallllly hot. I can sear a steak to perfection on it. Little burnt on outside and rare to medium rare on the inside. Perfect Pittsburgh style.
Outback is the only steakhouse that we have found that can make good Pittsburgh style steaks...
:bigbow::bigbow:

If you have an infrared section on your gas grill, it will do a wonderful job of creating a Pittsburgh style steak.

Gullwing 11-11-2021 12:30 PM

Best steak

Some may not agree but at Longhorn, Flo’s filet is hard to beat.

Spikearoni 11-11-2021 12:41 PM

How do you check your steak to determine quality of "doneness" without cutting into it?

golfing eagles 11-11-2021 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spikearoni (Post 2028128)
How do you check your steak to determine quality of "doneness" without cutting into it?

poke it with your finger. The firmer it is, the more well done it is. Takes practice and experience.

flsteve 11-11-2021 01:49 PM

Quote:

IMO, Palmer Legends. Much better than the FMK-owned Chophouse (even though I find FMK to be very good as well). At Palmer Legends, I get "The Filet Oscar".

Certified Angus Beef® Prime filet, hand cut and grilled to perfection. Topped with jumbo lump crab meat, sautéed asparagus and finished with cream béarnaise sauce. 4 oz $39 • 7 oz $54

You might think it to be more than you are wanting to pay at $54, but it will be delicious, incredibly tender, and memorable. The service and atmosphere make it an exceptional experience as well. Request table #43 or #42 (4 persons).

Btw, I also recommend their lobster bisque as an appetizer to the steak. At $8 per cup, it is absolutely worth every penny! I have taken many family and friends there and that meal is one that they never forget. My "ace in the hole" for great meals in The Villages!

https://www.palmerlegendscc.com/menu...er_08_2021.pdf

dicksiggy 11-11-2021 02:15 PM

Steaks

Quote:

The best steak to buy from a store I found was from Publix. You have to ask for "flap" steaks. And I am very fussy when it comes to steaks.