Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Steak (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/steak-326202/)

BobnBev 11-10-2021 02:27 PM

Steak

Who's got the best steak in the Villages, or surrounding area?

davem4616 11-10-2021 02:30 PM

if you want to travel to Ocala Mark's Steakhouse can't be beat

Babubhat 11-10-2021 02:50 PM

Get prime steak from sams. Easy to cook and better than anything in a restaurant

Stu from NYC 11-10-2021 02:52 PM

Wish our oven broiler would get hotter. Cannot get steak they way I would like it.

Marks prime is excellent.

dewilson58 11-10-2021 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davem4616 (Post 2027681)
if you want to travel to Ocala Mark's Steakhouse can't be beat

:bigbow:

JSR22 11-10-2021 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobnBev (Post 2027677)

In TV Chop House prime aged Delmonico is excellent.
Outside of TV Stirrups at the World Equestrian Center in Ocala.

Garywt 11-10-2021 06:21 PM

I need to try Marks at some point. Closer to home, probably Texas Roadhouse but you need your car.

dewilson58 11-10-2021 06:30 PM

Try Oscar Penn for fun.

Dr Winston O Boogie jr 11-10-2021 06:33 PM

Texas Roadhouse

valuemkt 11-10-2021 06:40 PM

Best in the Villages ? Prima - way better than ChopHouse. BUT, it pales in comparison to surrounding area, which is subject to your mileage tolerance. Amazingly, I agree that, comparatively, Texas Roadhouse puts out some decent steak.

BUT, again, Mark's Steakhouse Ocala, Flemings in Orlando, Charlies in Tampa put the above to shame. You will pay for it, but you (normally) get what you pay for in more major markets that don't have captive consumers

Ecuadog 11-10-2021 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dewilson58 (Post 2027770)
Try Oscar Penn for fun.

It has been a while, but if the steaks are as good as the seafood, yeah, go for it.

midiwiz 11-11-2021 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobnBev (Post 2027677)

it depends on how you want to approach that subject. Best Steak as in steakhouse as like Bern's in Tampa or just the best steak possible with what we have to work with LOL

If you are looking for steakhouse quailty, you be driving. Bern's in Tampa is probably the best in the state however you'll need reservations and getting one is not always easy. Go to Orlando and you can do what I call "meat salad" aka Fogo de Chou or there are several steakhouses between Disney and I Drive Ocala was already mentioned by another poster.

As for here.... LMAO well Chop house isn't all that much better than Outback, roadhouse, etc. They just dress it up to look nice otherwise it's the same as the rest. So I'm at a loss on that one I have yet to find anything better locally.

As a side note my qualifications are - 1) Quality of the Old Fashioned (includes Bourbon Selection) 2) Meat selection 3) Meat quality grade (most local serve select or choice even though they claim it's prime) 4) experience (service)

DaleDivine 11-11-2021 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by midiwiz (Post 2027848)
it depends on how you want to approach that subject. Best Steak as in steakhouse as like Bern's in Tampa or just the best steak possible with what we have to work with LOL

If you are looking for steakhouse quailty, you be driving. Bern's in Tampa is probably the best in the state however you'll need reservations and getting one is not always easy. Go to Orlando and you can do what I call "meat salad" aka Fogo de Chou or there are several steakhouses between Disney and I Drive Ocala was already mentioned by another poster.

As for here.... LMAO well Chop house isn't all that much better than Outback, roadhouse, etc. They just dress it up to look nice otherwise it's the same as the rest. So I'm at a loss on that one I have yet to find anything better locally.

As a side note my qualifications are - 1) Quality of the Old Fashioned (includes Bourbon Selection) 2) Meat selection 3) Meat quality grade (most local serve select or choice even though they claim it's prime) 4) experience (service)

Bern's is the best. Reservations are hard to get, months in advance. And they have a dress code as well. It's worth the trip to visit their wine cellar. Largest wine collection in the world.
:bigbow::clap2::welcome:

DaleDivine 11-11-2021 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu from NYC (Post 2027691)
Wish our oven broiler would get hotter. Cannot get steak they way I would like it.

Marks prime is excellent.

Get my steaks from Sam's. I have a turkey fryer grill that I put a cast iron skillet on. Gets reallllly hot. I can sear a steak to perfection on it. Little burnt on outside and rare to medium rare on the inside. Perfect Pittsburgh style.
Outback is the only steakhouse that we have found that can make good Pittsburgh style steaks...
:bigbow::bigbow:

Luggage 11-11-2021 06:13 AM

And if you grill or make your own steaks there are several mail-order places that deliver true Prime Steak but after 4 heart attacks it's a rare time for me to have any real meat