Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Massey Services (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/massey-services-326460/)

MzzJodi 11-17-2021 04:43 PM

Massey Services

FYI: Moved from TV to MO & notified Massey on 9-11. Was told my refund process would take 4-6 weeks. Here it is 11-17 and no refund. Each time I call I'm told that it has to be processed through several departments & to give it a couple more weeks. Cannot be given of a name or department that can be contacted to find out where it is in the process. No name or number for anyone at corporate. Called a number published as corporate and it went right to the local office. Seems the Keystone Cops are running the shop.

DAIII 11-17-2021 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MzzJodi (Post 2030741)
FYI: Moved from TV to MO & notified Massey on 9-11. Was told my refund process would take 4-6 weeks. Here it is 11-17 and no refund. Each time I call I'm told that it has to be processed through several departments & to give it a couple more weeks. Cannot be given of a name or department that can be contacted to find out where it is in the process. No name or number for anyone at corporate. Called a number published as corporate and it went right to the local office. Seems the Keystone Cops are running the shop.

I'm waiting for a refund too... lets see if we get it.

vintageogauge 11-17-2021 05:16 PM

By you posting your experience it has cost them business with profits far exceeding what they owe you. I don't understand why companies do that in this age of social media. If someone wants a pre-payment that means they don't have enough money to stay around without cheating people. I would never pay in advance for anything.

TNLAKEPANDA 11-17-2021 08:06 PM

Massy Service

Quote:

Originally Posted by MzzJodi (Post 2030741)

Post on their Face Book Page… a lot of people see that and you will hear from them!

dewilson58 11-17-2021 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TNLAKEPANDA (Post 2030781)
Post on their Face Book Page… a lot of people see that and you will hear from them!

Not if Jo only has five FB friends. :ohdear:

fdpaq0580 11-17-2021 10:18 PM

Yeeesh! Massey.

We had two properties. Not knowing any better, hired Massey for yard and for home. The yard guys destroyed the yards. The home guys were pretty good. Fought with Massey manager who tried to put the blame on us for not letting them tear out and replace entire irrigation system, both properties. Showed them the bugs that were eating the roots. The bugs they were supposed to be killing. Deny, deny, deny! Told them they were fired and mgr wanted to fight about that. Would NEVER recommend Massey yard service.
House protection guys must belong to a different group, they have been great and we still use them.

fdpaq0580 11-17-2021 11:00 PM

Just a thought.

Just checked BBB, first thing that came up is Massey rates 1.27 (one star). Pretty poor. Lots of complaints. If only we had bothered to check first.

1.Have you filed a complaint with the BBB? Do it.

2. Small claims court could be an option?

3. Don't know how much they owe you, none of my business, but might consider a letter from an attorney to get them to take you serious.
You probably aren't like me, but if I feel I'm being abused then the money no longer matters. I will be like a wasp at their picnic.

4. I might have suggested talking to the attorney gen, but they failed us so badly that I have no faith they will even try to help.

5. Last, don't know your age, none of my business, but if you are a senior then contact seniors against crime. Maybe they can advise.

Good luck.

Rwirish 11-18-2021 07:23 AM

Massey - Expect More And Get It.

Petersweeney 11-18-2021 07:27 AM

I think they spray water out of their little jugs….

True Blue 11-18-2021 07:38 AM

If not Massey then who is recommended? New to TV and looking for recommendations on lawn maintenance.

dewilson58 11-18-2021 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by True Blue (Post 2030857)
If not Massey then who is recommended? New to TV and looking for recommendations on lawn maintenance.

We have used Fertigator for 9 years and are very happy.
Not sure if they are taking new customers..............but it's worth a call.
Just for straight mowing, there are a number of small guys out there.
Also, check with neighbors.
Good Luck.

sdm1222 11-18-2021 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dewilson58 (Post 2030788)
Not if Jo only has five FB friends. :ohdear:

Same group of TOTV members, who judge others by the number of post they have, when they joined, etc. Is your "daily" Post really necessary or of any substance? I miss John _W who isn't sarcastic, gives important information and isn't so enamored with himself.

Travelhunter123 11-18-2021 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dewilson58 (Post 2030859)
We have used Fertigator for 9 years and are very happy.
Not sure if they are taking new customers..............but it's worth a call.
Just for straight mowing, there are a number of small guys out there.
Also, check with neighbors.
Good Luck.

epends

It depends on which crew you have
I had Fertigator for three years they were great, they changed personnel and the new crew was awful
Canceled Fertigator and went to Massey and a private company to cut my lawn
Massey is wonderful
Again it depends on the employees of the company in your area

dewilson58 11-18-2021 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Travelhunter123 (Post 2030869)
epends

It depends on which crew you have. Again it depends on the employees of the company in your area

Yes & No...............the crew is important, but "the home office" is just as important if there is an issue. Fertigator has been very responsive.

It's a tough business to be in.

dewilson58 11-18-2021 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdm1222 (Post 2030866)
Same group of TOTV members, who judge others by the number of post they have, when they joined, etc. Is your "daily" Post really necessary or of any substance?

The point was, if J does not have a large friend base, posting of FB will not be effective.