Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   What are YOUR Thanksgiving plans? (poll) (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/what-your-thanksgiving-plans-poll-326475/)

DeanFL 11-18-2021 07:42 AM

What are YOUR Thanksgiving plans? (poll)

For the TVrs here>

What are YOUR Thanksgiving plans as of now?
Check off the plans you have this year>

tophcfa 11-18-2021 09:25 AM

Since the options listed don’t include our plans, here they are.

We are still concerned about Covid, but want to be with close family. We are having a much smaller gathering than usual at our home, with family only, and the entire gathering (except using the bathroom) will be outdoors. Most importantly, everyone attending our small gathering will be both fully vaccinated and boosted. We are very happy to have a significantly downsized gathering, it’s going to save us a lot of money and work, we will actually have free time to socialize and relax, and I won’t have to set an alarm for 3:15 AM to get up and put a 30 pound bird in the oven. Happy Thanksgiving: )

EdFNJ 11-18-2021 12:14 PM

Dinner with wife and sister who lives down here as well and Facetime to NJ. Traveling this year will be pure h3ll. My dinner will be a limited 1 time a year"Gobbler Bowl" from WAWA! Yummmmmm. 5000 calories of deliciousness but not as good as my wife's turkey & stuffing when she used to cook for 30 people...... ok, she just left the room ..... maybe a bit better. :D
Wawa Fresh Food Menu: The GOBBLER bowl, Cold Hoagies, Sandwiches | Wawa

Investment Painting Contractors 11-18-2021 04:22 PM

Dinner on The Barbara Lee Riverboat

Mary and I are eating on the Barbara Lee Riverboat. The owners family gets together and cooks the meal on the Riverboat. The food is all home made, fresh and hot from their small kitchen. After they get rid of the customers they have their Family celebration.
With our familys spread all over the country we find this a great solution. A group of us have also done this on Easter. The food and scenery are fantastic.
Happy Thanksgiving Len & Mary

JSR22 11-18-2021 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Investment Painting Contractors (Post 2031040)
Mary and I are eating on the Barbara Lee Riverboat. The owners family gets together and cooks the meal on the Riverboat. The food is all home made, fresh and hot from their small kitchen. After they get rid of the customers they have their Family celebration.
With our familys spread all over the country we find this a great solution. A group of us have also done this on Easter. The food and scenery are fantastic.
Happy Thanksgiving Len & Mary

That sound like fun!

dewilson58 11-18-2021 05:08 PM

Lucky to have family in TV.

Going to stuff that bird and then stuff my belly.

:clap2:

vintageogauge 11-18-2021 05:41 PM

I think we're going to drive to the east coast and hope to find a country restaurant open somewhere along the way, if no that's okay too. It's a good day to site see on the back roads as our family is all up north and we'll do a little face time in the evening when we return.

DaleDivine 11-19-2021 06:13 AM

Our family is mostly up north. But not way up New York north. Just a small turkey breast and trimmings at home.
:bigbow::pray:

donassaid 11-19-2021 06:47 AM

Gee. Sounds like fun. Will you be wearing masks the whole time and social distancing as well? What if the weather is cold and rainy? Will guests have to show their vaxx card and proof of booster?

dewilson58 11-19-2021 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaleDivine (Post 2031155)
Our family is mostly up north. But not way up New York north. Just a small turkey breast and trimmings at home.
:bigbow::pray:

Not too small.........................LEFTOVERS!!!!!!!

Ptmckiou 11-19-2021 07:35 AM

Tgiving

Cooking a Turkey breast on the smoker grill for the first time. I will make the usual fixings and have my 95 year old father over for the day. All the other family up north, and out west.

mskaggs 11-19-2021 08:00 AM

This will be the second year I will enjoy the thanksgiving feast to go from Cody’s. All the basics are included, but I will supplement with a couple homemade favorites!

stadry 11-19-2021 08:15 AM

5d cruise to no where

Tisha Vogell 11-19-2021 10:17 AM

Thanksgiving

This will be the 14th year we have opened our home to those in our neighborhood with no plans or family to be with. This is potluck and everyone brings a dish, two turkeys and ham lots of desserts and we are good to go. 30 neighbors, all vaccinated and we are mostly outside. It’s fun for all.

Curtisbwp 11-19-2021 04:15 PM

My busniess