Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   Congressman (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/congressman-326513/)

Arctic Fox 11-19-2021 10:27 AM

Congressman

Who is the Congressman (men/woman/etc.) for The Villages area?

I have heard that their office may be able to help me in a claim I have against a cruise line that is not playing fair.

Thank you

Bogie Shooter 11-19-2021 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arctic Fox (Post 2031290)

I have heard that their office may be able to help me in a claim I have against a cruise line that is not playing fair.

Thank you

Congressman Daniel Webster

davem4616 11-19-2021 10:40 AM

Daniel Webster's the guy...every elected official that represents us at the state and federal level is posted at least once a week in 'da pay-pah'

kathyspear 11-19-2021 01:06 PM

Quote:

Thank you

Would you be willing to share the details of your problem?

kathy

Arctic Fox 11-19-2021 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kathyspear (Post 2031341)
Would you be willing to share the details of your problem?

Thank you for the details re DW, good people

My problem is with a certain cruise line that shall remain unnamed (Princess) that failed to provide the internet service on board for which I had prepaid. For the second week of the transatlantic voyage there was no service - not just limited, which is what one expects mid-ocean, but none.

kathyspear 11-19-2021 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arctic Fox (Post 2031346)
Thank you for the details re DW, good people

My problem is with a certain cruise line that shall remain unnamed (Princess) that failed to provide the internet service on board for which I had prepaid. For the second week of the transatlantic voyage there was no service - not just limited, which is what one expects mid-ocean, but none.

Did they offer some explanation? Did they refund the money you paid? I'm curious how they dealt with the situation because they must have had a lot of annoyed/angry passengers!

k.

Arctic Fox 11-19-2021 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kathyspear (Post 2031366)
Did they offer some explanation? Did they refund the money you paid? I'm curious how they dealt with the situation because they must have had a lot of annoyed/angry passengers!

They gave a partial refund (not as much as the disruption in service) but only as On Board Credit (which was non-refundable so had to be spent while on board) whereas we had paid for the internet before the cruise using our credit card, so they should have refunded to that.

I doubt that I'll actually involve the Congressman on this issue as it is relatively minor, but good to know if something more significant happens. What triggered my enquiry was an e-mail I received from a cruising buddy who had been personally chasing Norwegian for 18 months with no success:

"I finally got most of my money back from Norwegian Cruise Lines with the help of my Congressman's local office (a very good way to get things done in the USA). NCL deposited just over $3,700 back into my Visa account."

Two Bills 11-19-2021 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arctic Fox (Post 2031428)
They gave a partial refund (not as much as the disruption in service) but only as On Board Credit (which was non-refundable so had to be spent while on board) whereas we had paid for the internet before the cruise using our credit card, so they should have refunded to that.

I doubt that I'll actually involve the Congressman on this issue as it is relatively minor, but good to know if something more significant happens. What triggered my enquiry was an e-mail I received from a cruising buddy who had been personally chasing Norwegian for 18 months with no success:

"I finally got most of my money back from Norwegian Cruise Lines with the help of my Congressman's local office (a very good way to get things done in the USA). NCL deposited just over $3,700 back into my Visa account."

Can you not claim refund from CC?'
Non supply of service.
Or are you timed out for claims?

Arctic Fox 11-19-2021 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Two Bills (Post 2031432)
Can you not claim refund from CC?'
Non supply of service.
Or are you timed out for claims?

That's certainly a possibility, thank you, which I shall look into.

Babubhat 11-19-2021 07:53 PM

Dispute with credit card company. Let cruise line prove they provided service

noslices1 11-20-2021 07:12 AM

You can dispute the charge with your CC company, but if the charge included other services, they can’t separate partial payment from the charge.

Andyb 11-20-2021 07:28 AM

COVID has done to the cruise lines, as 911 did for air travel. Sad.

barbnick 11-20-2021 07:32 AM

Fancy problem

eeroger 11-20-2021 07:32 AM

Congressman

Quote:

Thank you

Senator Rubio often has a staffer meet w/residents in The Villages to help w/complaints. Daniel Webster has an office in Leesburg. When I needed help with an issue, there was a standard form that needed to be completed. Look up both representatives on their official website. Both were very helpful. Senator Scott's office never responded to my inquiry. 😞 πŸ˜“

bowlingal 11-20-2021 07:39 AM

all political offices held are listed in the Daily Sun every day.....from President down to local by name and office held and phone number