Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   NFL Football (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/nfl-football-328/)
-   -   Can we talk NFL Football for a Minute? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/nfl-football-328/can-we-talk-nfl-football-minute-326732/)

Michael G. 11-25-2021 01:26 PM

Can we talk NFL Football for a Minute?

I have a burning question, realizing a lot of TV people are from Detroit and Chicago that support their states football teams, The Bears and The Lions.

They both have losing win and lost records for some time now and I commend you for supporting them hometown teams, BUT WOW.

What does it take for you fans to spend thousands of $$$$$$ every week/season for tickets to religiously support these teams even though you know their not going anywhere in the play offs?

Just Curious Packer fan.

HIgolfers 11-25-2021 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael G. (Post 2033734)
I have a burning question, realizing a lot of TV people are from Detroit and Chicago that support their states football teams, The Bears and The Lions.

They both have losing win and lost records for some time now and I commend you for supporting them hometown teams, BUT WOW.

What does it take for you fans to spend thousands of $$$$$$ every week/season for tickets to religiously support these teams even though you know their not going anywhere in the play offs?

Just Curious Packer fan.

Watching the game now. These two teams are terrible. Bears hold Detroit backed up on 2 yard line and force them to punt. Then special teams miscues totally flip the field.

MX rider 11-25-2021 01:40 PM

Quote:

Just Curious Packer fan.

Hell, I'm a life long Bears fan and I don't even want to watch 2 lousy teams play, especially on Thanksgiving. I don't get why the NFL always has to put Detroit on every Thanksgiving. Screw tradition, give us good teams and games that mean something. This game is meaningless. They both suck!

Michael G. 11-25-2021 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MX rider (Post 2033742)
Hell, I'm a life long Bears fan and I don't even want to watch 2 lousy teams play, especially on Thanksgiving. I don't get why the NFL always has to put Detroit on every Thanksgiving. Screw tradition, give us good teams and games that mean something. This game is meaningless. They both suck!

The NFL is all about $$$$$$, that's why they created a 17-game season which
it takes it toll on injuries throughout the league.

The NFL should have their corporate offices in WDC

fdpaq0580 11-25-2021 01:51 PM

Here is the reason.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MX rider (Post 2033742)

After all the turkey, mashed potatoes and stuffing, you can have a good nap. And, when you wake up you will feel great because you didn't miss a single thing worth watching.
Turkey Day NFL match ups explained.
๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜›
You are welcome.

djlnc 11-25-2021 01:53 PM

Quote:

Just Curious Packer fan.

I grew up in Wisconsin so by necessity am a Packer fan. However, the last couple years I'm surprised when they win a game. They just don't seem to be the same caliber as some of the top teams. Of course, if Rodgers has a bad day they haven't much of a chance.

SullyP 11-25-2021 02:03 PM

Quote:

Just Curious Packer fan.

Wow, hard troll by Packers fan! Too funny!

charlieo1126@gmail.com 11-25-2021 02:11 PM

82 years the lions have been playing on thanksgiving , Detroit people who donโ€™t even watch football love this tradition, and maybe the game isnโ€™t great today , but at least itโ€™s not a blowout,I have bears today giving 3 , as far as not going anywhere in playoffs , you could say the same I guess about Packers with there all everything diva , he of the 1/4 championship games

Michael G. 11-25-2021 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fdpaq0580 (Post 2033750)
After all the turkey, mashed potatoes and stuffing, you can have a good nap. And, when you wake up you will feel great because you didn't miss a single thing worth watching.
Turkey Day NFL match ups explained.
๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜›
You are welcome.

Now this is funny, thanks for the laugh :clap2:

Michael G. 11-25-2021 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SullyP (Post 2033754)
Wow, hard troll by Packers fan! Too funny!

Not a troll, but thanks

charlieo1126@gmail.com 11-25-2021 02:32 PM

Some of you donโ€™t understand , there is no bad game in NFL as long as there is a point spread , game score could be 30/7 with 5 minutes left still lots of eyes on game , I love the NFL and big time college games but would probably love it a little less without the spread, well Happy Thanksgiving everyone itโ€™ll soon be time to head out to dinner no mash potatoes or gravy for me but Inwill have cake seeing I walked 4 miles and road my bike for 3 lol

fdpaq0580 11-25-2021 02:45 PM

No mashed potatoes and gravy?

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlieo1126@gmail.com (Post 2033764)
Some of you donโ€™t understand , there is no bad game in NFL as long as there is a point spread , game score could be 30/7 with 5 minutes left still lots of eyes on game , I love the NFL and big time college games but would probably love it a little less without the spread, well Happy Thanksgiving everyone itโ€™ll soon be time to head out to dinner no mash potatoes or gravy for me but Inwill have cake seeing I walked 4 miles and road my bike for 3 lol

Health freak!๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Shbullet 11-25-2021 02:49 PM

26 and 6 the last two years...What more do you want???

Garywt 11-25-2021 08:03 PM

I will just stick with my Patriots. When your team is the best in league history, they are easy to follow.

thevillages2013 11-26-2021 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garywt (Post 2033841)
I will just stick with my Patriots. When your team is the best in league history, they are easy to follow.

Might want to check that record from last season and the current standings