Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Phillip's Toyota (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/phillips-toyota-326771/)

mhballard73@icloud 11-27-2021 10:13 AM

Phillip's Toyota

Has anyone visited Phillip's Toyota or bought a vehicle from them? Looking for experience working with them.

jchase 11-27-2021 11:00 AM

Phillips

Bought a Toyota Avalon there a couple of years ago. Good experience with the sales department. The service department was terrible. Ending up going to Ocala for service.

chrisinva 11-27-2021 11:36 AM

We've brought our VA purchased Prius to Philips many times for the maintenance . Complete satisfaction.

mikreb 11-27-2021 11:42 AM

They're in the car sales business what else do you need to know. Just make sure what the salesperson puts on the write up sheet is on the final paperwork. They changed the negotiated trade-in value and removed the manufacturer incentive. Had I not caught that it would have made $4800 difference. Also, say NO (several times) to all the add-ons the finance person tries to sale you. Look closely because they do not explain all the up charges they just appear on your final sales paperwork. None of those extras are worthwhile.

larbud 11-27-2021 11:45 AM

If their lips are moving..

Babubhat 11-27-2021 01:10 PM

Buy online and double check the numbers. Easier than having them breathing down your neck in showroom. Eliminate the salesman.

If you must go to the show room show up an hour before closing. They cannot let you leave if you show interest. More apt to close the deal quickly because they want to go home. The dealership couldn’t care less about the salesman time. He probably already been there 12 hours

JoMar 11-27-2021 03:55 PM

Bought our Sienna in 2015, best price (excluding online). Have had no issues with service except service writers keep turning over. Have no intention of getting rid of the vehicle till at least 175 miles.

Michael G. 11-27-2021 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoMar (Post 2034407)
Have no intention of getting rid of the vehicle till at least 175 miles.

For a Toyota, that is doable, wouldn't buy anything else........:eclipsee_gold_cup:

VApeople 11-27-2021 04:09 PM

We bought a RAV4 there a couple years ago and it was a very enjoyable experience.

We had test driven a RAV4, a Honda CRV, and a Hyundai previously and we decided we wanted the RAV4. We used the internet to determine the price we were willing to pay and how much we wanted for our trade-in, a 2005 Honda Accord.

So we wrote down our out-the-door offer and gave it to a salesman. He started talking but we did not hear the word "Yes", so we got up to leave. Then he called his manager over and they said they would accept our offer. Then we gave them a check and drove the new car home.

Buying a new car is fun!

gatorbill1 11-27-2021 05:37 PM

Go online and use Autonation Pinellas in Clearwater. Worth the 100 mile trip. Just bought a 2022 Toyota Corolla Cross. Took 5 weeks to come in and price of car and trade-in was exactly what I was quoted online 5 weeks ago. Saved $4,000 over quoted price from Phillips, Ocala toyota and Clermont toyota dealerships for same car.
I will use Phillips for service, as I have used them previously and never had a problem.

tc1963 11-27-2021 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mhballard73@icloud (Post 2034298)
Has anyone visited Phillip's Toyota or bought a vehicle from them? Looking for experience working with them.

:bigbow: :MOJE_whot::clap2: Purchased our 2019 Camry LE from Keith Smalley new in 2019. Fantastic Salesman and will treat you well. Nobody better. Keith is a very knowledgeable gear head kind of a guy and will help you decide what car fits you and yours functionally. I'm 6'1" and wife 5'02". For us Corrolla - no, Rav4 - no, etc. Camry Yes. "Booster" seat function works for both of us. The others I would have it all the way down, practically touching pavement, my head would still touch the roof. Service Dept. is also excellent. Getting 15k service 11/30. Hope this helps.

VickiL 11-28-2021 06:35 AM

Quote:

I prefer DeLuca Toyota in Ocala. More knowledgeable, better service department and nicer environment. Bought my car from Mike Shadlich there too.

noslices1 11-28-2021 06:41 AM

Quote:

I bought a CH-R from DeLuca, because they were $3000.00 less than Phillips. Service is better at DeLuca also. No trying to “upsell” what wasn’t needed.

sdeikenberry 11-28-2021 06:42 AM

I used to go to Phillips for service and became increasingly unhappy with their service department. Like all dealerships, always trying to upsell services and they are not user friendly or customer friendly. Started going to Ocala DeLuca and like them much better. When I say no to a upservice, they stop asking and write the ticket. They respect the customer more than Phillips. Have not purchased from either one, but based on service department, would go with DeLuca.

Luggage 11-28-2021 06:52 AM

Buying a car today is vastly different than 2 or 3 years ago simply because there is virtually no inventory on the floor due to shortages of electronics chips. Wherever you go please make sure you know your value of your car from getting an internet price from two or three of the big internet buyers like carvana, autonation, and hhgregg. If you are financing, you can do that online also first through Capital One or your local Preferred Bank. Many times the car dealers will get you a better rate only after they have going through the motions of raising their rates first. Good luck as I would bring lunch with me when you buy your car as it might take two or three hours if the salesperson becomes an idiot. Personally I walk out after 30 minutes and I tell them that in advance