Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Talk of the Television (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/talk-television-338/)
-   -   Yellowstone. (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/talk-television-338/yellowstone-327759/)

Taltarzac725 01-01-2022 01:29 PM

Yellowstone.

I have been binge watching Yellowstone. Kind of an interesting series so far. I am only at episode 4 of the First Season.

I had various Native Americans in my Junior High and Senior High School classes. These were from the Northern Paiute people - Wikipedia.

Taltarzac725 01-01-2022 04:30 PM

Wind River and Hell or High Water.

Both of the movies above were excellent IMHO and Taylor Sheridan played a big part in both.

Wind River has some of the same actors/actresses as Yellowstone. And Hell or High Water has one of the chief actors from Yellowstone. Pun intended.

JMintzer 01-01-2022 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 (Post 2045069)
Both of the movies above were excellent IMHO and Taylor Sheridan played a big part in both.

Wind River has some of the same actors/actresses as Yellowstone. And Hell or High Water has one of the chief actors from Yellowstone. Pun intended.

Gil Birmingham... (got the pun...)

Boomer 01-01-2022 08:32 PM

We are hooked on Yellowstone.

Had to track down the first 3 seasons on Peacock and then to Paramount for Season 4. (Geez. What if we end up spending our life savings on streaming channels.)

Beth Dutton is quite the character.

Season 4 seems to me to have a whole lot more time spent on horses, scenery, and cowboying than the other seasons did. But that’s not necessarily a bad thing.

I think the last episode is coming soon, but I don’t see how they are going to solve all their problems by the end.

Remote Boomer

Taltarzac725 01-01-2022 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boomer (Post 2045111)
We are hooked on Yellowstone.

Had to track down the first 3 seasons on Peacock and then to Paramount for Season 4. (Geez. What if we end up spending our life savings on streaming channels.)

Beth Dutton is quite the character.

Season 4 seems to me to have a whole lot more time spent on horses, scenery, and cowboying than the other seasons did. But that’s not necessarily a bad thing.

I think the last episode is coming soon, but I don’t see how they are going to solve all their problems by the end.

Remote Boomer

They seem to encounter almost every problem that could happen in Montana in Season 1.

collie1228 01-02-2022 12:43 PM

We enjoyed binge watching Yellowstone, and expect tonight's finale to be full of action/suspense/craziness(Beth). Regarding 1883, not so much so far. But Yellowstone started really slow, so we are hoping the prequel will be the same.

Topspinmo 01-02-2022 02:18 PM

I bet tonight’s episode only season finale?

Taltarzac725 01-02-2022 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topspinmo (Post 2045279)
I bet tonight’s episode only season finale?

Season 4 Finale.

Stu from NYC 01-02-2022 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 (Post 2045305)
Season 4 Finale.

Very annoying that we spend some much on cable TV and now have to pay extra to watch season 4.

JMintzer 01-02-2022 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu from NYC (Post 2045349)
Very annoying that we spend some much on cable TV and now have to pay extra to watch season 4.

Do you not have regular Paramount on your cable or streaming service?

Every episode has been on at 8:00pm, Sunday night...

The season 4 finale starts in 8 minutes...

Boomer 01-02-2022 10:41 PM

We subscribed to Paramount to get Season 4. Episode 10 dropped earlier this evening, but we just sat down to watch it. It will not let us watch. Was it a one time, live stream for only that time?

I read something that said it can be seen tomorrow and something that said it would drop at 12:09 AM - but does that mean it will stream all day or is it another one shot deal? Catch it if you can?

First, it was Peacock for 3 Seasons. Then Paramount for Season 4. Now, why is the finale being such an aggravation to find?

Am I doing something wrong or is this some kind of idiotic cat and mouse programming game?

Any help you can give me will be welcome. Thank you.

Boomer

Taltarzac725 01-02-2022 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boomer (Post 2045372)
We subscribed to Paramount to get Season 4. Episode 10 dropped earlier this evening, but we just sat down to watch it. It will not let us watch. Was it a one time, live stream for only that time?

I read something that said it can be seen tomorrow and something that said it would drop at 12:09 AM - but does that mean it will stream all day or is it another one shot deal? Catch it if you can?

First, it was Peacock for 3 Seasons. Then Paramount for Season 4. Now, why is the finale being such an aggravation to find?

Am I doing something wrong or is this some kind of idiotic cat and mouse programming game?

Any help you can give me will be welcome. Thank you.

Boomer

I taped it and will check. It worked on DirectTV.

retiredguy123 01-03-2022 02:14 AM

Apparently, I have Paramount on my Xfinity service. I didn't even know what it was, but Yellowstone was on last night.

JMintzer 01-03-2022 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retiredguy123 (Post 2045391)
Apparently, I have Paramount on my Xfinity service. I didn't even know what it was, but Yellowstone was on last night.

I've been telling people this, again and again, but many don't seem to understand...

Two Bills 01-03-2022 08:09 AM

Watched a few clips of Yellowstone on YouTube.
Sort of Dallas, Dynasty and Knots Landing on steroids, with a lot of F'ing and blinding as an added feature.
Probably just a addictive as those oldies were in their day!