Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Championship Courses - The Villages Golf Course Conditions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/championship-courses-villages-golf-course-conditions-473/)
-   -   Hacienda Hills Oaks- One word description OF condition on 1/5/22 (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/championship-courses-villages-golf-course-conditions-473/hacienda-hills-oaks-one-word-description-condition-1-5-22-a-327918/)

swooner 01-06-2022 06:48 AM

Hacienda Hills Oaks- One word description OF condition on 1/5/22

deplorable

kkingston57 01-06-2022 04:34 PM

Agree 100%. This course needs a complete re grassing, similar to the grass at Glenview.

After Hacienda was built new grass has been developed which is more suitable for the conditions at Hacienda(a lot of trees and consequently less sun).

dewilson58 01-06-2022 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kkingston57 (Post 2046993)
After Hacienda was built new grass has been developed which is more suitable for the conditions at Hacienda(a lot of trees and consequently less sun).

FINALLY, developing good grass for shaded golf courses....................I hated the condition of Augusta.

:duck:

tophcfa 01-06-2022 07:59 PM

Holes 2 through 7 on the Oaks aren’t that bad, it’s the 1st and 9th holes that are deplorable. Those are the hole that USED TO have a view of a clubhouse including a pro shop, restaurant, pool/bar, and tennis courts.

Jokomo 01-08-2022 09:51 AM

Deplorable conditions, along with removal of proshop, pool and restaurant, leads to low play numbers. Low play numbers lead to low profit numbers. Low profit or loss from golf course operations leads to alternative land use. All the decisions made about this property over the last two years lead to the conclusion that the course will be closed in the future. Now that Southern Oaks is open all the advertising about the number of championship holes and courses remain true even if Hacienda closes.

UpNorth 01-08-2022 12:25 PM

A few bucks cheaper to play than the other courses. But like the other courses, way overpriced. And bring your own golf cart.

tophcfa 01-08-2022 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jokomo (Post 2047677)
Deplorable conditions, along with removal of proshop, pool and restaurant, leads to low play numbers. Low play numbers lead to low profit numbers. Low profit or loss from golf course operations leads to alternative land use. All the decisions made about this property over the last two years lead to the conclusion that the course will be closed in the future. Now that Southern Oaks is open all the advertising about the number of championship holes and courses remain true even if Hacienda closes.

Fortunately alternative land uses are severely restricted since courses are designed as emergency flood plains. Also Hacienda is 27 holes and Southern Oaks is only 18.

kkingston57 01-09-2022 04:18 PM

[QUOTE=dewilson58;2047005]FINALLY, developing good grass for shaded golf courses....................I hated the condition of Augusta.

At this point I ? if TV would PAY for the remodeling that is sorely needed.

Bet there are more people playing Hacienda in a month than entire year at Augusta and a lot less carts out there.

Sure you enjoyed the experience. It is on the dream bucket list for me.

clekr 01-09-2022 06:52 PM

Agree with Jokomo. The horrible conditions are deliberate.

Dr Winston O Boogie jr 01-09-2022 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dewilson58 (Post 2047005)
FINALLY, developing good grass for shaded golf courses....................I hated the condition of Augusta.

:duck:

If only every golf course had the budget of Augusta National.

wamley 01-23-2022 08:46 AM

The plan is working. Show lack of use and than show reason for conversion to Apps.

golfing eagles 01-23-2022 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swooner (Post 2046626)
deplorable

Haven't been there in 6 months for that very reason. The worst was actually the practice green at that time. My golfing buddy was able to quip "they should have kept the clubhouse and demolished the practice green" :1rotfl::1rotfl::1rotfl:

fnhski 01-25-2022 05:14 PM

I would agree ,hacienda hills used to be,key word used to be a very nice course,two tree lined nines and the palms offset each other,how can you as a developer tear down a club house at this corse,no restroom,except starter shack,can’t buy balls,tees,soft goods,put the starter on the spot to have members pay at the window?????I believe as others do it will be torn down to make way for condo,s or apartments,,,just what we need a higher density of people on that stretch of Morse ….the current generation of developers care nothing about up keep of current or older recreational facilities….it’s just greed..to quote mr.gecko…”greed is good”….this corse should be preserved and rebuilt….and there should be a residents golf association so your voices and suggestion can be heard….

Bay Kid 01-26-2022 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr (Post 2048086)
If only every golf course had the budget of Augusta National.

So true. Maintained weekly and used a couple of weeks a year.

golfing eagles 01-26-2022 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fnhski (Post 2053531)
I would agree ,hacienda hills used to be,key word used to be a very nice course,two tree lined nines and the palms offset each other,how can you as a developer tear down a club house at this corse,no restroom,except starter shack,can’t buy balls,tees,soft goods,put the starter on the spot to have members pay at the window?????I believe as others do it will be torn down to make way for condo,s or apartments,,,just what we need a higher density of people on that stretch of Morse ….the current generation of developers care nothing about up keep of current or older recreational facilities….it’s just greed..to quote mr.gecko…”greed is good”….this corse should be preserved and rebuilt….and there should be a residents golf association so your voices and suggestion can be heard….

Is the comma key on your keyboard sticky?????? (among other things)