Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   New bridgeport @ laurel manor (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/new-bridgeport--laurel-manor-32792/)

inholmdel 10-20-2010 10:59 AM

New bridgeport @ laurel manor

Does anyone have any information or can you direct me to who can be contacted, about acess to the new bridgeport @ laurel manor.
There is a construction entrance on the south side of route 466 but will there be another access road even a golf cart path in and out of this new village??????????

downeaster 10-20-2010 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inholmdel (Post 300638)
Does anyone have any information or can you direct me to who can be contacted, about acess to the new bridgeport @ laurel manor.
There is a construction entrance on the south side of route 466 but will there be another access road even a golf cart path in and out of this new village??????????

It appears the site is bounded on three sides by the Palmer golf course. There may be some access through the course but that remains to be seen. It is bounded on the remaining side by 466 so it is accessible there by car and cart.

Bogie Shooter 10-20-2010 02:08 PM

Quote:

I believe it is Bridgeport at Laurel Valley. I may be wrong.

GMONEY 10-20-2010 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter (Post 300691)
I believe it is Bridgeport at Laurel Valley. I may be wrong.

You are right,, BP at LV...

50 homes all premier homes..

bike42 10-20-2010 03:32 PM

No new roads

Quote:

will there be another access road even a golf cart path in and out of this new village??????????

Certainly there won't be any other roads -- look at the district map/master plan. I can't imagine they would interfere with the golf course operations by cutting through with a new multi-modal path when the existing one is right there along 466. It goes directly to Laurel Manor Rec center (about 1 mile) and gives easy access to Lake Sumter Landing (about 3 miles). It's one of the prettiest routes in TV.

golfnut 10-20-2010 03:38 PM

:agree: with bike....gn

swrinfla 10-20-2010 04:24 PM

I'm glad to learn what's going on there.

A touch of history: the area once was home to some our dear departed buffalo!

It also was the marshalling area for the original Longest Golf Cart Parade challenge on 09/04/2005. Virtually all 3,200 golf carts gathered there before the parade began. What a sight!

SWR
:beer3:

Bogie Shooter 10-20-2010 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swrinfla (Post 300738)
I'm glad to learn what's going on there.

A touch of history: the area once was home to some our dear departed buffalo!

It also was the marshalling area for the original Longest Golf Cart Parade challenge on 09/04/2005. Virtually all 3,200 golf carts gathered there before the parade began. What a sight!

SWR
:beer3:

Also was the site of a big white tent that was used for the dinner after the Phillips golf tournament.

graciegirl 10-20-2010 06:06 PM

There was mention of yet another new Bridgeport. Anyone know where that is?

chacam 10-20-2010 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 300765)
There was mention of yet another new Bridgeport. Anyone know where that is?

I heard a while back that there were three and only three Bridgeports ? ? No more, just three ! !

Pturner 10-20-2010 07:20 PM

Village of Bridgeport and villages of Bridgeport...

• Creekside Landings
  • Harmeswood
  • Lake Miona
  • Lake Sumter
  • Laural Valley
  • Miona Shores
  • Old Mill Landing
Is that all of 'em?

bike42 10-20-2010 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pturner (Post 300803)
Village of Bridgeport and villages of Bridgeport...

• Creekside Landings
  • Harmeswood
  • Lake Miona
  • Lake Sumter
  • Laural Valley
  • Miona Shores
  • Old Mill Landing
Is that all of 'em?

Harmeswood is definitely not Bridgeport, it's part of the Village of Belle Aire.

On the dropdown list of villages on TV's pre-owned website, Creekside Landings, Lake Sumter and Old Mill Landing were briefly listed as "Bridgeport at . . ." -- but then these went away. So we still don't know if these areas (all adjacent to Lake Sumter Landing, two existing and one being built) will be renamed as Bridgeports.

graciegirl 10-20-2010 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chacam (Post 300798)
I heard a while back that there were three and only three Bridgeports ? ? No more, just three ! !

Chacam. I sincerely apologized to you about that. Twice. And in my defense at that time, there were only three.

But as I have said before, you are right and I am wrong. I am sorry.

There are now five. Where is the fifth one? Does anyone know?