Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Getting Tires (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/getting-tires-328110/)

hollywoodz 01-11-2022 05:47 PM

Getting Tires

Has anyone used the Automotive Dept. at Walmart (off of 466) to get tires and have them installed? If so, could you let me know about your experience. Any other recommendations?

Dana1963 01-11-2022 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hollywoodz (Post 2048681)
Has anyone used the Automotive Dept. at Walmart (off of 466) to get tires and have them installed? If so, could you let me know about your experience. Any other recommendations?

I don't know about this Walmart but I did purchase new tites thru Walmart, Waterford Ct, surprisingly they beat Sam’s Club price quote 215-50-17 includes lifetime rotation at any Walmart with automotive svc

Nucky 01-11-2022 06:22 PM

I have friends who bought some cheap no-name tires at Walmart and were happy with the tires & the entire purchase and installation process.

I tried Sam's and then went across the street toward Home Depot to The Goodyear Store. Glad I did. They saved me about a hundred and zero interest for a year. The service was great and the high-end Goodyears ride like Michelins. My confidence level in these tires is high. I replaced the Hankook tires that came with the car that were not good, they only had about 12,000 miles on them.

villagetinker 01-12-2022 09:30 AM

I strictly use Wildwood tire, you can check on tire prices by using tirerack.com and picking what you want. I did this and when i went to Wilwood tire with 2 suggestions, they were actually able to be the price with the same rating tires, very happy with their service.

Babubhat 01-12-2022 03:35 PM

Wildwood tire

DAVES 01-12-2022 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by villagetinker (Post 2048859)
I strictly use Wildwood tire, you can check on tire prices by using tirerack.com and picking what you want. I did this and when i went to Wilwood tire with 2 suggestions, they were actually able to be the price with the same rating tires, very happy with their service.

I also used Wildwood tire and was very pleased.

DAVES 01-12-2022 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hollywoodz (Post 2048681)

I suggested Wildwood tires. Having tires mounted, balanced, like anything else is an art.
Wildwood is a family operation. Walmart, I'm sure has some good people and some bad ones. Walmart, their ad is something like you are never more than 50 miles from a Wallmart. Tires-the villages is hard on tires. You scuff them through the round a bouts and flats. I've had more flats in the villages, bike, golf cart and car than I've had in over 60 years, before, counting my bike.

Rango 01-12-2022 04:57 PM

Costco

Stu from NYC 01-12-2022 05:26 PM

Have used Sams pricing good but have to make appt up to two weeks in advance for rotation.

Convenient to do this while shopping but sometimes a real pain

Chi-Town 01-12-2022 06:42 PM

I have used the Walmart on 466 twice for tires. Very pleased both times with price and service.

Topspinmo 01-12-2022 09:31 PM

I used Walmart, done good job for me and I’m very picky.

VApeople 01-12-2022 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by villagetinker (Post 2048859)

Yeah, I did the same thing. We needed new tires for our Honda Accord, so I found the tires I wanted at Tire Rack. Wildwood Tire could match that price, so I bought the tires from them..

DaleDivine 01-13-2022 06:53 AM

Check all the local tire places. Then check Wildwood last. You'll be happy you waited for the last place.
:clap2::clap2:

Luggage 01-13-2022 06:58 AM

Like every other place it really depends on the technician you get. As far as price everyone's going to be close to each other so for the few dollars I'd rather give my money to a true local company, as long as the tires are a national brand you can get service anywhere

Kgcetm 01-13-2022 07:19 AM

No, but I’ve used Sam’s Club twice with great results and would recommend.