Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Who is tired of the COVID threads on TOTV? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/who-tired-covid-threads-totv-328144/)

Papa_lecki 01-13-2022 08:44 AM

Who is tired of the COVID threads on TOTV?

Who is TIRED of all the COVID/Mask/Vaccination threads on TOTV?

Moderators, PLEASE STOP THEM……

ex34449 01-13-2022 08:46 AM

Many hear seem to thrive on fearing something. Take away Covid and something will replace it. Sky falling, sinkholes, gators etc.

Dana1963 01-13-2022 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papa_lecki (Post 2049246)

It’s great to see the ignorance of some peoples posts.

Stu from NYC 01-13-2022 09:13 AM

Some of the posts are thought provoking so do not think they should be stopped.

birdiebill 01-13-2022 09:28 AM

I am more tired of Covid continuing to spread and mutate. Did you know that Covid can not replicate (multiply) if it is not inside a human or other animal cell? It can not multiply on surfaces or in the air. Did you also know that it cannot mutate into a different variant if it is not replicating.

RPDaly 01-13-2022 09:37 AM

At least add a "hide post" or "mute" poster option

CWGUY 01-13-2022 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ex34449 (Post 2049248)
Many hear seem to thrive on fearing something. Take away Covid and something will replace it. Sky falling, sinkholes, gators etc.

You're right but it's not the sky falling, sinkholes, or gators etc ......

:icon_wink: They want us talking about Covid...... not Inflation, immigration, shortages etc.
:popcorn:

Byte1 01-13-2022 09:39 AM

I find it interesting that folks that do not like something wish to ban them from others. It was fine for those that believed that masks should be mandated as well as vaccination for everyone. If you think that folks are too stupid to make decisions for themselves, they should not be allowed to decide. The decision should be taken away from them. So much for freedom.
I enjoy reading the covid posts because we have a couple of medical professionals that separate the myth from the facts. For some reason, unlike others on here, my computer allows me to skip the threads I do not wish to read. Funny about that.

MrFlorida 01-13-2022 09:44 AM

Going on two years, yes it's getting quite boring now....almost as bad as the weather channel naming storms.

Stu from NYC 01-13-2022 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Byte1 (Post 2049281)
I find it interesting that folks that do not like something wish to ban them from others. It was fine for those that believed that masks should be mandated as well as vaccination for everyone. If you think that folks are too stupid to make decisions for themselves, they should not be allowed to decide. The decision should be taken away from them. So much for freedom.
I enjoy reading the covid posts because we have a couple of medical professionals that separate the myth from the facts. For some reason, unlike others on here, my computer allows me to skip the threads I do not wish to read. Funny about that.

Very well said thanks for the post

billethkid 01-13-2022 09:57 AM

Not just on TOTV.
Very weary of the constant focus of the media....all of them......drumming away on each and every nuance/minutia regarding covid.....valid or not.

Maybe they can make covid go away magically like they have the border crisis and the supply chain crisis and inflation!!!!

drducat 01-13-2022 10:07 AM

Quote:

Does the poster realize what they are asking for...No More Public Discourse???Really?

It is bad enough any discussion is being muffled regarding politics and other topics....Nothing will ever get resolved in this fashion. Do you really want to stifle your First....better to think twice or not read what you don not like.

Two Bills 01-13-2022 10:12 AM

I think the anti's need the public platform to preach, a lot more than the conformists.

Arctic Fox 01-13-2022 10:12 AM

Quote:

I hate the way I'm FORCED to read every one of them.

Oh, wait a minute, I can just ignore them and move on!

Mortal1 01-13-2022 10:28 AM

Then someone...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Two Bills (Post 2049307)
I think the anti's need the public platform to preach, a lot more than the conformists.

has not been paying attention to the news.

Please quantify this statement, or is it rather those who choose not to get the shots aren't quite the sheeple others are and just get on with life.

Since the SCIENCE now states that anyone with all the shots can still get and pass on the virus what does someone have to fear of those who choose option B?

If you live in fear, then fear is your master and you shall forever be afraid.