Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Water Softeners/Filters (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/water-softeners-filters-328188/)

Tchrep 01-14-2022 10:35 AM

Water Softeners/Filters

Water Softeners. Greetings Neighbors: I am finding the tap water in our neighborhood harsh to drink. I am bringing our Brita Water Filter down to give that a try. Of course I prefer not to live on bottled water our entire time in Florida. So I am writing to ask for any success stories in eliminating the harshness of tap water in our neighborhood. Thanks

LuvtheVillages 01-14-2022 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tchrep (Post 2049704)
Water Softeners. Greetings Neighbors: I am finding the tap water in our neighborhood harsh to drink. I am bringing our Brita Water Filter down to give that a try. Of course I prefer not to live on bottled water our entire time in Florida. So I am writing to ask for any success stories in eliminating the harshness of tap water in our neighborhood. Thanks

Call Nova Water Filters. They will install a 3 stage water filter in your garage and it will make all the difference you want. Their price is the most reasonable of all the water companies. Your entire house will be filtered. For us, the filters last about a year before they need replacing.
352-566-2649

They also offer water softeners if you also want that.

vintageogauge 01-14-2022 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuvtheVillages (Post 2049713)
Call Nova Water Filters. They will install a 3 stage water filter in your garage and it will make all the difference you want. Their price is the most reasonable of all the water companies. Your entire house will be filtered. For us, the filters last about a year before they need replacing.
352-566-2649

They also offer water softeners if you also want that.

Agree, great systems from Nova, they are not hard sell, very reasonably priced and great customer service. It does make a huge difference in your water.

dewilson58 01-14-2022 05:44 PM

Pelican Water Systems

Water Softener & Water Filter Systems | Pelican Water

Their whole house filtration system was excellent for drinking water.

We had a softener up North, but decided we did not need it here.

Good website

Rainger99 01-14-2022 06:08 PM

According to their websites, Nova has a whole house filter for $645 and Pelican has a Whole House Filter for $1130. Any reason for the significant discrepancy in prices?

EdFNJ 01-14-2022 06:27 PM

There is a whole topic still going on here on that same subject: https://www.talkofthevillages.com/fo...system-328059/

EdFNJ 01-14-2022 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rainger99 (Post 2049804)
According to their websites, Nova has a whole house filter for $645 and Pelican has a Whole House Filter for $1130. Any reason for the significant discrepancy in prices?

Possibly because the former is built and sold by a local company mostly locally and the latter is a national brand with a lot more expenses (retail markups for the seller, overhead, distribution, independent installers that have to be paid, advertising, employees, fancier packaging and CEO's that make zillions etc). It's a WATER FILTER and not a rocket ship. :D

Calisport 01-14-2022 08:52 PM

$800 nova water. Full house including shower water is drinkable per year.

thevillages2013 01-15-2022 06:05 AM

Quote:

Drink water filtered through your refrigerator

fixit6404 01-15-2022 06:36 AM

Pelican system

Quote:

We had a pelican system installed and like it very much. It has a carbon media tank that takes out all chlorine and other tastes and contaminants then a treatment tank that conditions the water so all minerals stay in suspension and do not settle out in the water heater, plug shower heads etc then a sediment filter. There is no salt tablets to mess with , no electric involved and practically no maintenance. The carbon media is good for 6 - 8 years and fairly simple to replace. The treatment media is good for life and the sediment cartridge one year , only about $20 and simple to replace. We are only here 6 months a year so 12-16 years for the carbon and 2 years for the sediment cartridge. The water quality and taste is bottled water quality and no salt in the water.

Travelhunter123 01-15-2022 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dewilson58 (Post 2049801)
Pelican Water Systems

Water Softener & Water Filter Systems | Pelican Water

Their whole house filtration system was excellent for drinking water.

We had a softener up North, but decided we did not need it here.

Good website

Water softener requirements depends on where you live, south of 44 you may want one
Nova installs both

fixit6404 01-15-2022 07:14 AM

Pelican system

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

I meant to add a photo of the Pelican system. As you can see it takes up very little room.

Ptmckiou 01-15-2022 07:43 AM

We drink the filtered water that comes out of our refrigerator door. It runs through a filter. Just make sure you change out the filter when it prompts you. It’s as good as a whole house filter when it comes to taste of your water, and a lot less expensive.

Jewelz 01-15-2022 07:56 AM

We have the Nova system and the water tastes great!
Before the system was installedI I had a hard time combing my long hair after showering and now the comb just glides right thru!!!

jimkerr 01-15-2022 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rainger99 (Post 2049804)

Because Pelican is a ripoff. Nova uses excellent quality products. Go with them.