Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Pre cruise covid test - where is the best? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/pre-cruise-covid-test-where-best-331218/)

Lottoguy 04-17-2022 10:11 AM

Pre cruise covid test - where is the best?

According to Royal Caribbean we will need a negative antigen test for Covid. This is the one with the fast result in less then two hours. This must be done 48 hours before our cruise in June. Where is the best location in The Villages? Thanks in advance.

NECHFalcon68 04-17-2022 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lottoguy (Post 2084656)
According to Royal Caribbean we will need a negative antigen test for Covid. This is the one with the fast result in less then two hours. This must be done 48 hours before our cruise in June. Where is the best location in The Villages? Thanks in advance.

In your home, using emed.com and the Abbott binax test kits

bilcon 04-17-2022 10:43 AM

CVS or Walgrens. They both take most insurance so it costs nothing.

Keefelane66 04-17-2022 11:02 AM

It’s Ground Hog day again

Stu from NYC 04-17-2022 12:01 PM

We used Walgreens

Aacosner 04-17-2022 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NECHFalcon68 (Post 2084663)
In your home, using emed.com and the Abbott binax test kits

I just took a Royal Caribbean cruise. They stated that they would not accept a home test that was not witnessed by a health professional. I got my test at the Walgreens near the Rohan rec center. It was quick and easy, and was accepted by Royal Caribbean.

You need to schedule an appointment with most places. Make sure the one you choose does the 2-hour test -- not all do.

NECHFalcon68 04-17-2022 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aacosner (Post 2084729)
I just took a Royal Caribbean cruise. They stated that they would not accept a home test that was not witnessed by a health professional. I got my test at the Walgreens near the Rohan rec center. It was quick and easy, and was accepted by Royal Caribbean.

You need to schedule an appointment with most places. Make sure the one you choose does the 2-hour test -- not all do.

The Abbott test is proctored on line using your computer or cell phone. They send you a QR code thru the Navica app. Well controlled.
We used the test both for flying and entrance into Italy. And for getting onboard a ship. RCL has the website link.

frose 04-17-2022 02:55 PM

on 466a. a small urgent care. near dollar tree. 100 bucks per test, answer in 15 minutes

La lamy 04-18-2022 05:09 AM

CVS on 466 west of the school. The antigen rapid test was free 1 month ago. Need to set up appointment on line.

thevillager1988 04-18-2022 05:26 AM

I just returned from an international trip, planning to use the proctored at home test for my re-entry. I had used one successfully last Sept. I do not recommend the proctored at home tests at this time. Due to the volume of people who are now traveling and using them, the proctored at home facilities do not have the capacity to support call center operations for these tests. I recommend using Walgreens. We were able to make appointments for our Walgreens tests a week prior to departure - ensuring the appointments were set within the 48 hour window. Enjoy your cruise!

NoMo50 04-18-2022 05:29 AM

Walgreens does the antigen tests, but by appointment only. If you can't book an appointment, or if they mistakenly order a PCR test (as they did for my wife), there is an option: Villages Discount Pharmacy, on 44 Hwy West of Brownwood, offers the rapid antigen test on a walk-in basis. Results in 15 minutes, and they give you a certificate of results that is accepted by the cruise line. The test will cost you $40.00, but we were reimbursed by insurance.

Sandy and Ed 04-18-2022 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lottoguy (Post 2084656)

Have had my last three cruise covid tests done at the villages discount pharmacy on Rte 44 off Buena Vista. Cost $40 and results with written results on 15 minutes. Had mine done on Saturday and leaving this morning for Panama Canal cruise. Bob Voyage!!

Malsua 04-18-2022 06:43 AM

I use Walgreens for my recent trip to Germany. Made an appointment, got tested, had results in about 90 minutes. Also as mentioned, there are two types of home tests, one proctored one not. I was prepared to use the proctored to return from Germany but was having trouble getting a connection. I ended up just getting a test locally, no fuss. Was able to upload the results on my phone app and got my flight back. Yes, I realize, not quite the same as a cruise if you're not flying, but the process was easy enough.

Aviator1211 04-18-2022 06:46 AM

RC accepted our Rapid NAAT test three weeks ago. Free at walgreens drive through. Results in 2 hours. Make an appointment online.

Carolynphelps 04-18-2022 07:09 AM

Walgreens!! Fast and easy but you must get the appointment on line through their app. No cost! I just got back from a cruise. Easy!