Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   wildwood police stink (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/wildwood-police-stink-331946/)

village dreamer 05-12-2022 11:49 AM

wildwood police stink

someone was blocking my driveway [ landscaper ] i ask him to please move his truck as it was blocking 80 % of my drive and he told me to f###off. well i tried to call wildwood police at 352 330 1355. well i got the push number 5 if you want donuts , push number 1 if you want what ever.... no live person to talk to , what a world we live in , it stinks

Two Bills 05-12-2022 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by village dreamer (Post 2094793)
someone was blocking my driveway [ landscaper ] i ask him to please move his truck as it was blocking 80 % of my drive and he told me to f###off. well i tried to call wildwood police at 352 330 1355. well i got the push number 5 if you want donuts , push number 1 if you want what ever.... no live person to talk to , what a world we live in , it stinks

Were you trying to get out, or just didn't want him there?

Djean1981 05-12-2022 12:14 PM

Which landscaper?

drcar 05-12-2022 12:19 PM

Quote:

Start with Community Watch. Does is always a live person to talk to but I also hate phone trees.

Taltarzac725 05-12-2022 12:31 PM

https://wildwoodpolice-fl.gov/

They were probably busy with 911 calls and/or other stuff. One just has to wait one's turn.

Stu from NYC 05-12-2022 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Two Bills (Post 2094796)
Were you trying to get out, or just didn't want him there?

Either way he has no right to block your drive way

charlieo1126@gmail.com 05-12-2022 12:54 PM

Quote:

im surprised they didn’t show up , I would think showing up to arrest the lawn guy blocking the driveway for a half an hour would be a top priority , oh my thank god the AC guy is here I can tell how boring it’s been today by still being on here

photo1902 05-12-2022 01:09 PM

I strongly suspect there is more to this story (the other side, that is)

Michael G. 05-12-2022 01:21 PM

Quote:

This is a joke, right?

Two Bills 05-12-2022 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu from NYC (Post 2094810)
Either way he has no right to block your drive way

If I didn't want to get cart or car out, it would not bother me.
Not as if contractor was parking overnight.
If I was going out, I would have just asked the person to let me out.
Attitude is all in those situations!

ElDiabloJoe 05-12-2022 02:33 PM

Quote:

Ahhhh, classic PIP posting. Previously Important Person. I demand the police drop everything they're doing and respond to my incredibly minor complaint IMMEDIATELY!!! I'm p*ssed off because the landscaper dared to tell me to "F*ck Off!"

If they don't I'm going to make the obligatory donut joke, and post about my whinging in my favorite online forum, and then I'm going to follow-up with an "I pay your salary!" claim.

Yeah- your share of the entire county's taxes broken all the way down is between one quarter and one dollar per police officer's salary. Here's your fricken quarter back, geeez.

TattedSarge71 05-12-2022 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElDiabloJoe (Post 2094843)
Ahhhh, classic PIP posting. Previously Important Person. I demand the police drop everything they're doing and respond to my incredibly minor complaint IMMEDIATELY!!! I'm p*ssed off because the landscaper dared to tell me to "F*ck Off!"

If they don't I'm going to make the obligatory donut joke, and post about my whinging in my favorite online forum, and then I'm going to follow-up with an "I pay your salary!" claim.

Yeah- your share of the entire county's taxes broken all the way down is between one quarter and one dollar per police officer's salary. Here's your fricken quarter back, geeez.

:boom:
You beat me to it

Stu from NYC 05-12-2022 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Two Bills (Post 2094833)
If I didn't want to get cart or car out, it would not bother me.
Not as if contractor was parking overnight.
If I was going out, I would have just asked the person to let me out.
Attitude is all in those situations!

And if he had a sudden emergency situation? Sorry blocking someones driving is just wrong.

I would have asked politely though.

vintageogauge 05-12-2022 04:22 PM

Agree. Have the police show up once or twice and maybe they'll stop doing that. I have had contractors half block my driveway many times and they are always facing the wrong direction so when they get out of their trucks they generally are standing on one of my irrigation heads, on one occasion they actually had their tire parked on my irrigation head which was destroyed and no they would not pay for it. I have politely asked them to move, some do and some don't give a crap. I've also found them filling their equipment gas tanks on my lawn and that is a definite no-no. The larger companies don't do this but the small one truck independents that are here today and gone tomorrow are the ones that don't care about anything but getting paid. My neighbor had a moving truck blocking their driveway, it was a van type trailer towed behind a box truck and they refused to move it so he called the police, the police showed up and they got a ticket for expired plates, and promptly moved it. The neighbor also called the company and let them know exactly what happened and why it happened.

davem4616 05-12-2022 04:39 PM

if I had an emergency and someone was blocking 80% of my driveway, I would have backed out over my frigging lawn

come on... these guys work in the damn hot sun all year long, doing what we no longer want to do....trying to earn a living

sitting in your A/C home complaining about someone parking close to you driveways is 'bush league'