Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages Golf Course Conditions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-golf-course-conditions-471/)
-   -   Evans Prarie (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-golf-course-conditions-471/evans-prarie-332125/)

will1546 05-19-2022 06:14 AM

Evans Prarie

Played yesterday and wish I didn’t. Conditions are generally poor. Tee boxes are over grown with weeds and have many bare spots. Fairways have little to no grass. But the greens are ok, although grainy.
I wouldn’t waste my money again.

collie1228 05-19-2022 10:08 AM

Give Glenview or Lopez a try. Conditions are really nice. Just watch out for the first/second greens on Torri Pines - it's difficult to keep the ball on the green due to the lightning fast speeds.

yabbadu 05-19-2022 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by will1546 (Post 2096824)
Played yesterday and wish I didn’t. Conditions are generally poor. Tee boxes are over grown with weeds and have many bare spots. Fairways have little to no grass. But the greens are ok, although grainy.

Played Killdeer on Sunday past and was in good shape.
You have a wide paint brush!

DrBrutyle109 05-20-2022 04:36 AM

Fast????

Quote:

Originally Posted by collie1228 (Post 2096937)
Give Glenview or Lopez a try. Conditions are really nice. Just watch out for the first/second greens on Torri Pines - it's difficult to keep the ball on the green due to the lightning fast speeds.

Trust me……you have no idea about fast

collie1228 05-20-2022 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrBrutyle109 (Post 2097168)
Trust me……you have no idea about fast

I'm sure you are correct. A 20 foot uphill putt a foot short that rolls back to your feet isn't fast.

golfing eagles 05-20-2022 10:03 AM

Quote:

But how are the conditions at Evans Prairie????:1rotfl::1rotfl::1rotfl:

davem4616 05-20-2022 04:13 PM

Quote:

you had a day on the links, in the fresh air...blame the course for your score if you like, but you were able to get out and enjoy a round of golf

think about it...nothing in life is perfect

stop whining and go out and enjoy what you can do while you still can

Lucas 05-21-2022 03:04 PM

yes:::: Why is the green fringe grass longer then the rough

Quote:

Why is the green fringe grass longer then the rough grass ? I think the villages cut the rough grass way to low, your golf ball will never stop in the rough.

tophcfa 05-21-2022 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucas (Post 2097757)
Why is the green fringe grass longer then the rough grass ? I think the villages cut the rough grass way to low, your golf ball will never stop in the rough.

But it speeds up play when people don’t have to search for balls that settle down into deep Bermuda rough and then try to hack their ball out back into the fairway.

Mortal1 05-22-2022 08:45 AM

winter is not growing season so while fringes/greens and tees watered(and fairways)unless there is an over seed of winter rye grass there is very little growth and things can get tan and get speedy greens..

for those who haven't been here long they used to over seed in the fall. then one year they didn't have enough water to make it grow due to a drought. lost big cash on the seed so they stopped over seeding most of the courses....hence the winter conditions of very little grass in the fairways and some greens getting stressed out.

MSchad 05-22-2022 09:50 AM

Quote:

Conditions must change fast. We played 5/10 & 5/11 and all 3 nines were in great shape other than a few rough tee boxes.

Gullwing 06-08-2022 01:44 PM

Evans prairie

We played Osprey and Egret today. The tee’s, fairways and greens were in great shape. Don’t think we can ask for better. Please play and post what you think.

Stu from NYC 06-08-2022 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfing eagles (Post 2097311)
But how are the conditions at Evans Prairie????:1rotfl::1rotfl::1rotfl:

More important to me is how is the food at the CC?

geobar 06-21-2022 06:26 AM

Poor Golf Courses in The Villages

What can possibly make you think the courses should always be pristine for your rounds. Definitely, in the past several years, they are deteriorating. And you wonder why?
Think about it. Now as "The Villages" have perhaps a population of perhaps over 150,000 people why do they need to keep the courses in top shape. Making money happens to be their main concern (did I mention making Money?) as "The Villages" will continue to sell homes as they got you already.

Bogie Shooter 06-21-2022 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geobar (Post 2108561)
What can possibly make you think the courses should always be pristine for your rounds. Definitely, in the past several years, they are deteriorating. And you wonder why?
Think about it. Now as "The Villages" have perhaps a population of perhaps over 150,000 people why do they need to keep the courses in top shape. Making money happens to be their main concern (did I mention making Money?) as "The Villages" will continue to sell homes as they got you already.

Let’s see, your location shows , Port St. Lucie, FL, is that true?