Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Pickleball (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/pickleball-334/)
-   -   pickleball played with touchtennis ball and racquet (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/pickleball-334/pickleball-played-touchtennis-ball-racquet-333060/)

racquetdude 06-20-2022 08:50 AM

pickleball played with touchtennis ball and racquet

Has anyone heard of playing pickleball with the touchtennis ball and 21 inch racquets? I hear people are doing this because the touchtennis ball bounces higher and the racquet is lighter and longer than the paddles. Makes it easier so you don't have to bend over so much.

Topspinmo 06-20-2022 12:58 PM

I would think that would adapt better in platform tennis cage. Lively balls would be bouncing everywhere on open pickleball courts IMO.

racquetdude 06-20-2022 01:26 PM

There is a cute video on instagram showing the bounce comparison between a pickleball and a touchtennis ball. The touchtennis ball bounces about 20% higher. Also that person shows people playing on a pickleball court with touchtennis equipment and having a ball. Why are pickleball players bending over so low to get to a low bouncing ball with a short paddle?

Login • Instagram

Topspinmo 06-20-2022 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racquetdude (Post 2108364)
There is a cute video on instagram showing the bounce comparison between a pickleball and a touchtennis ball. The touchtennis ball bounces about 20% higher. Also that person shows people playing on a pickleball court with touchtennis equipment and having a ball. Why are pickleball players bending over so low to get to a low bouncing ball with a short paddle?

Login • Instagram

I would be game, I like all racket sports except racketball and squash.

I suspect they are on pickleball courts cause there no 100 grand platform tennis courts? 8 to 10 am open play pickleball I would think to play that would have to have group and court reservation after 12 noon? Is the ball similar to master tennis balls? Which are deflated (non pressure) tennis balls?

Topspinmo 06-20-2022 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racquetdude (Post 2108364)

Login • Instagram

Site won’t open, but I am on old version of TOTVs.?

Altavia 06-21-2022 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topspinmo (Post 2108497)
I would be game, I like all racket sports except racketball and squash.

I suspect they are on pickleball courts cause there no 100 grand platform tennis courts? 8 to 10 am open play pickleball I would think to play that would have to have group and court reservation after 12 noon? Is the ball similar to master tennis balls? Which are deflated (non pressure) tennis balls?

Some play on the Platform Tennis Courts, very fun. There could be a lot of ball chaising on a large Pickleball court.

The ball is a softball size foam ball. Junior racquets are used.

touchtennis

Stu from NYC 06-21-2022 08:06 AM

Would this work without clothes on? Asking for a friend.

racquetdude 06-21-2022 03:36 PM

here is a link to touchtennis facebook. There's some good action there.

Page Not Found

racquetdude 06-24-2022 04:24 PM

I am interested to play pickleball with touchtennis balls and racquets. If anyone is interested to try this please contact me. I have all the equipment.

Topspinmo 06-24-2022 04:43 PM

What part North or south? I’m interested, but I don’t travel south 466 anymore. It would probably have to be after open times or evenings? Depending on rec center availability of times could be problem?

racquetdude 06-25-2022 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topspinmo (Post 2109936)
What part North or south? I’m interested, but I don’t travel south 466 anymore. It would probably have to be after open times or evenings? Depending on rec center availability of times could be problem?

Can you private message me with your phone number? It's best to discuss. Thanks for your interest!

La lamy 06-25-2022 01:29 PM

This sounds interesting. With all the arthritis I have in neck and shoulder maybe this version would make it easier to hit far with less effort.

Altavia 06-25-2022 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by La lamy (Post 2110183)
This sounds interesting. With all the arthritis I have in neck and shoulder maybe this version would make it easier to hit far with less effort.

Probably, the ball and racquets are lighter than tennis.

racquetdude 07-23-2022 08:41 AM

I have touchtennis equipment if anyone wants to try. Please contact me.

racquetdude 08-03-2022 07:45 AM

Here is a youtube video of people playing pickleball with touchtennis balls and racquets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goB8Rnhloe4