Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Independence Day is almost here, how’s your flag doing? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/independence-day-almost-here-hows-your-flag-doing-333332/)

Talon2dad 06-29-2022 05:53 PM

Independence Day is almost here, how’s your flag doing?

One of the things I love about the Villages is the display of so many American flags on homes. The problem though is that we need to really look at our flags. Are they thread bare, shredded, separated? Look at your flags and if they need replacing NOW is the time. If you need help getting it off the flag pole ask a neighbor for help, any Vet will gladly assist you or message me and I will come and help you.

RVJim 06-29-2022 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talon2dad (Post 2111483)
One of the things I love about the Villages is the display of so many American flags on homes. The problem though is that we need to really look at our flags. Are they thread bare, shredded, separated? Look at your flags and if they need replacing NOW is the time. If you need help getting it off the flag pole ask a neighbor for help, any Vet will gladly assist you or message me and I will come and help you.

You should be more concerned with the multitude of Florida pickup drivers with the beat up American flags flying from their truck beds, rain or shine, mud, tattered, torn than with the villages.

Kenswing 06-29-2022 06:12 PM

With the amount of wind that we get this time of year I’m changing my flags almost monthly.

JohnN 06-29-2022 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RVJim (Post 2111486)
You should be more concerned with the multitude of Florida pickup drivers with the beat up American flags flying from their truck beds, rain or shine, mud, tattered, torn than with the villages.

quite a snarky reply there, the OP was just making an offer to the locals.
who in the world is going to monitor pick-up truck flags, you'd likely get shot.

RVJim 06-29-2022 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnN (Post 2111489)
quite a snarky reply there, the OP was just making an offer to the locals.
who in the world is going to monitor pick-up truck flags, you'd likely get shot.

Snark - no, reality is that there are few if any tattered flags in TV but there are literally 1000’s on the back of pickups and boats. If one really values the flag, thats the place to start.

Talon2dad 06-30-2022 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RVJim (Post 2111486)

Feel free to run out there and stop them. Do something productive instead of sitting on your ass critiquing others.

ThirdOfFive 06-30-2022 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talon2dad (Post 2111579)
Feel free to run out there and stop them. Do something productive instead of sitting on your ass critiquing others.

Speaking for myself, I'd far rather see a tattered flag than no flag at all.

heron848 06-30-2022 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talon2dad (Post 2111483)

And don’t forget about the proper ways to retire (dispose of) the flag. Veterans groups will be happy to take worn flags and retire them for you.

ldj1938 06-30-2022 01:18 PM

Proud of my flag

1 Attachment(s)
I think this is a great display of the flag and shows my support for Ukraine.

RVJim 06-30-2022 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talon2dad (Post 2111579)

My we are a little sensitive aren’t we? Sorry if I rained on your little virtue signaling parade. Let me get you a tissue.