Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Just For Fun (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/just-fun-109/)
-   -   The Villages has the highest % per-capita of ... (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/just-fun-109/villages-has-highest--per-capita-333668/)

thevillager1988 07-14-2022 06:05 AM

The Villages has the highest % per-capita of ...

It's time for the truth about The Villages. While I have not done a scientific study, we do go to the squares on a pretty regular basis. And I am quite sure our claim to fame must be that we have the highest volume of people with knee braces per capita of any city in the world (not just the US).

It's time the truth came out. And I for one cannot wait for the day when I tell someone I live in The Villages and they say, "Really?! I hear they have the highest % of knee braces in the world!"

ThirdOfFive 07-14-2022 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thevillager1988 (Post 2115519)
It's time for the truth about The Villages. While I have not done a scientific study, we do go to the squares on a pretty regular basis. And I am quite sure our claim to fame must be that we have the highest volume of people with knee braces per capita of any city in the world (not just the US).

It's time the truth came out. And I for one cannot wait for the day when I tell someone I live in The Villages and they say, "Really?! I hear they have the highest % of knee braces in the world!"

Okay...

asianthree 07-14-2022 06:55 AM

Other than Military base, TV has the next highest volume of Military Veterans. Welcome home Brothers and Sisters

Stu from NYC 07-14-2022 07:12 AM

And many retired law enforcement officers.

Rumor has it largest percentage of lefthanders in the world.

JMintzer 07-14-2022 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu from NYC (Post 2115557)

That's because we're the only ones in our "right" mind... :eclipsee_gold_cup:

Stu from NYC 07-14-2022 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMintzer (Post 2115586)
That's because we're the only ones in our "right" mind... :eclipsee_gold_cup:

Think I can agree with that one:BigApplause:

tophcfa 07-14-2022 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thevillager1988 (Post 2115519)

The braces are cosmetic, they hide the scars from knee replacements.

Rapscallion St Croix 07-14-2022 09:15 AM

TV also has the smallest number of baby showers and sales figures for purple shampoo are off the charts.

manaboutown 07-14-2022 09:24 AM

People who have had cataract surgeries, knee and hip replacements and AARP memberships.

justjim 07-14-2022 09:26 AM

News must be slow these days…

DAVES 07-14-2022 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu from NYC (Post 2115557)

Re: left handers
Interesting if true. I'm one. Always been so. Perhaps, why I know the rest of the world is crazy.

Taltarzac725 07-14-2022 11:55 AM

Which community has the most Parrotheads!

Toymeister 07-14-2022 11:58 AM

Highest FICO score of any MSA (metropolitan statistical area, a Census Bureau term).

CFrance 07-14-2022 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAVES (Post 2115636)
Re: left handers
Interesting if true. I'm one. Always been so. Perhaps, why I know the rest of the world is crazy.

I'm one of those lefty/righty people. I think we're all nuts!:BigApplause:
This is a right-handed clap. TOTV should add a left-handed clap.

Stu from NYC 07-14-2022 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CFrance (Post 2115667)
I'm one of those lefty/righty people. I think we're all nuts!:BigApplause:
This is a right-handed clap. TOTV should add a left-handed clap.

We could have a club for us left handers but no idea what we would do after the first meeting.