Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Dinner at Prima Italian Steakhouse last night (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/dinner-prima-italian-steakhouse-last-night-334032/)

bilcon 07-30-2022 06:00 AM

Dinner at Prima Italian Steakhouse last night

My wife and I and another couple made reservations for 4 last night at 6:30pm. The restaurant was crowded, but our reservation was honored on time. I did not like the table they had for us, but instead of making excuses, one of the Suleiman Family members who runs the restaurant overheard and immediately showed us another table that was great.

The Suleiman Family , who own several restaurants in TV, certainly know their business. The entire staff was efficient and friendly. I recognized a few staff from other restaurants and they come over and greeted us and made us feel very welcomed. Our wait staff was great- friendly, knowledgeable and happy to be there.

The menu is terrific. There are so many good choices and the ones I saw looked delicious.. The four of us ordered different dishes and everyone enjoyed their food.

We have not gone out to eat as much as we used to, and usually bring home food from one of the TV restaurants. When we do go out, we want a good experience. Last night was great!

I am not a food critic. This review is only written because there are so many negative reviews about restaurants that I thought it would be nice to hear a positive, when deserved.

We have not had a bad experience at any of the Suleiman run restaurants. They are well run and the food, from our experience is always consistent.:clap2::clap2::clap2:

ElDiabloJoe 07-30-2022 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bilcon (Post 2120279)
My wife and I and another couple made reservations for 4 last night at 6:30pm. The restaurant was crowded, but our reservation was honored on time. I did not like the table they had for us, but instead of making excuses, one of the Suleiman Family members who runs the restaurant overheard and immediately showed us another table that was great.

The Suleiman Family , who own several restaurants in TV, certainly know their business. The entire staff was efficient and friendly. I recognized a few staff from other restaurants and they come over and greeted us and made us feel very welcomed. Our wait staff was great- friendly, knowledgeable and happy to be there.

The menu is terrific. There are so many good choices and the ones I saw looked delicious.. The four of us ordered different dishes and everyone enjoyed their food.

We have not gone out to eat as much as we used to, and usually bring home food from one of the TV restaurants. When we do go out, we want a good experience. Last night was great!

I am not a food critic. This review is only written because there are so many negative reviews about restaurants that I thought it would be nice to hear a positive, when deserved.

We have not had a bad experience at any of the Suleiman run restaurants. They are well run and the food, from our experience is always consistent.:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Dined there Tuesday late afternoon/eve. Crowded, very busy - did not feel like off-season. Waited a reasonable amount of time - about 15 minutes. Seated on the porch near banner mercantile. Food was delicious, drinks were not watery. Waiter was friendly and helpful. Responded quickly to every request and checked in regularly. Staff was excellent at a nearby table as well, using a code system so every one delivering food or drinks to the table knew exactly which drink and plate belonged to whom. Seamlessly handled - very professional.

Coup de grace was the waiter (Damon, per the receipt) did what so few do (at least at other places) and actually boxed your leftovers. Not only boxed it for you, but did it right there instead of going back to the kitchen so you knew nothing happened to yours in transit or out of sight.

Experience at Prima was A+, Gold-star. Maybe not Michelin Star, but def AAA 4-star!

oldtimes 07-30-2022 07:22 AM

Prima, Havana and Legacy definitely top shelf. Glenview and Red Sauce not so much.

alwann 07-30-2022 08:28 AM

Prima

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElDiabloJoe (Post 2120288)
Dined there Tuesday late afternoon/eve. Crowded, very busy - did not feel like off-season. Waited a reasonable amount of time - about 15 minutes. Seated on the porch near banner mercantile. Food was delicious, drinks were not watery. Waiter was friendly and helpful. Responded quickly to every request and checked in regularly. Staff was excellent at a nearby table as well, using a code system so every one delivering food or drinks to the table knew exactly which drink and plate belonged to whom. Seamlessly handled - very professional.

Coup de grace was the waiter did what so few do (at least at other places) and actually boxed your leftovers. Not only boxed it for you, but did it right there instead of going back to the kitchen so you knew nothing happened to yours in transit or out of sight.

Experience at Prima was A+, Gold-star. Maybe not Michelin Star, but def AAA 4-star!

It has become one of our favorites for all the reasons others have stated. I still don't understand why their MVP loyalty card isn't honored at the other Sule-owned restaurants. I would frequent those more often if it was honored at their other locations.

Oh, was the waiter's named really Coup de grace? Has to be a spellchecker error. If not, a really cool name.

Babubhat 07-30-2022 08:48 AM

At least it wasn’t soup du jour

biker1 07-30-2022 09:56 AM

They also continue to recognize the Peroni Club - refills for $1.00.

Quote:

charlie1 07-30-2022 11:01 AM

The Suleiman Family Restaurants - Prima, Havana and Lopez Legacy are definitely the best run restaurants in the Villages. We have never had a bad experience at any. I like them so much that I have a VIP Card at each. I do wish I could carry just one VIP card but I am OK with all three. Family members are involved and committed to satisfying the customer. Looking forward to them taking on more properties! The two restaurants, Redsauce and Glenview, mentioned earlier I do not believe are owned by the Suleiman Family Restaurants. Not sure what, if any, tie there is between the two restaurant groups other than the last name of the owners. (Suleiman)

Eg_cruz 07-30-2022 11:12 AM

Quote:

Agree they run great restaurants

Eg_cruz 07-30-2022 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlie1 (Post 2120475)
The Suleiman Family Restaurants - Prima, Havana and Lopez Legacy are definitely the best run restaurants in the Villages. We have never had a bad experience at any. I like them so much that I have a VIP Card at each. I do wish I could carry just one VIP card but I am OK with all three. Family members are involved and committed to satisfying the customer. Looking forward to them taking on more properties! The two restaurants, Redsauce and Glenview, mentioned earlier I do not believe are owned by the Suleiman Family Restaurants. Not sure what, if any, tie there is between the two restaurant groups other than the last name of the owners. (Suleiman)

Same family but owned but different family members. Prima, Havana and Legacy is by Joseph. The others are not owned by him.

Skip 07-30-2022 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldtimes (Post 2120334)
Prima, Havana and Legacy definitely top shelf. Glenview and Red Sauce not so much.

We like Milano Ristorante Italiano too.
BTW, the owner is David Suleiman.

Skip

La lamy 07-31-2022 05:13 AM

Thanks for the positive vibes. I agree it's rare, and very much welcomed!

M2inOR 07-31-2022 06:05 AM

Positive vibes all around!

We've discovered the same great service and food. Our first choice when wanting a fine meal and good experience. We've got the VIP cards from Prima and Havana, too. August is my birthday month, too, and we were told the free dinner item is not limited to the actual day.

M2inOR 07-31-2022 06:06 AM

Dup deleted.

banjobob 07-31-2022 06:15 AM

You echo my opinion also, all their restaurants are really good, we are close to Lopez Legacy and go there often ,

SusanStCatherine 07-31-2022 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldtimes (Post 2120334)

Dined at Red Sauce this Tuesday and a family was allowed to bring into the indoor dining area their dog on a leash. Energetic dog without a vest - obviously not a service dog..Waiter was not knowledgeable about special request of the kitchen. Food was good though..