Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Current Events and News (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/current-events-news-541/)
-   -   POA At It Again (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/current-events-news-541/poa-again-334087/)

Aloha1 07-31-2022 01:42 PM

POA At It Again

So the Property Owners Association is once again attempting to influence the Sumter County Board. Now they are promoting the person who bankrolled the failed Commissioners from the last election which wasted countless time, money, and delayed the acquisition of new ambulance service in Sumter. Enough already. Do your homework before voting.

kansasr 07-31-2022 02:37 PM

I'm glad someone is watching out for the residents.

Stu from NYC 07-31-2022 02:45 PM

Amazing how complicated politically this place is. IMHO the developer has built an awesome place but has too much control over local politics.

Hoping we can vote for people who understand this place and be on the side of us villagers but not owned by the developer.

OrangeBlossomBaby 07-31-2022 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aloha1 (Post 2120926)
So the Property Owners Association is once again attempting to influence the Sumter County Board. Now they are promoting the person who bankrolled the failed Commissioners from the last election which wasted countless time, money, and delayed the acquisition of new ambulance service in Sumter. Enough already. Do your homework before voting.

No one should need a warning in advance, to do their homework. That's part of the responsibility of voting. And it goes both ways. A candidate needs to do their homework to know who they'll be representing, before choosing to run.

njbchbum 07-31-2022 05:11 PM

Quote:

Is no one or group "attempting to influence" the opposition?

wisbad1 07-31-2022 05:27 PM

Quote:

Wish they would stop throwing papers all over.

charlie1 07-31-2022 05:28 PM

I agree, do your research on the candidates and validate everything that they tell you. Also make sure they have a complete platform (roads, facilities, police, fire, etc.) that explains what they feel they can do for Sumter County. A single platform against one company (but impacts many more companies) in the county is NOT ENOUGH to get my vote.

Bill14564 07-31-2022 06:02 PM

It is also important to research/confirm what you read here. "I saw it on ToTV" does not make it true. Articles (from multiple papers) can be compared to meeting minutes to help find the truth.

Topspinmo 07-31-2022 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill14564 (Post 2120998)
It is also important to research/confirm what you read here. "I saw it on ToTV" does not make it true. Articles (from multiple papers) can be compared to meeting minutes to help find the truth.

Any news source has agenda when they favor one side or the other.

Bill14564 07-31-2022 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topspinmo (Post 2121045)
Any news source has agenda when they favor one side or the other.

A critical reader can get close to the truth if they look at something from enough angles. You have to go with the best you can find and one-sided posts on ToTV are rarely it.

Rwirish 08-01-2022 05:00 AM

Nice to have another perspective. Thank you POA.

Sparky25 08-01-2022 05:23 AM

Quote:

It is nice to have the POA looking out for us. If you read all the slanted garbage in the villages daily news it is sickening. I will always vote for people who are on the peoples side.

WindyCityzen 08-01-2022 06:20 AM

Quote:

And the Developer doesn’t influence every frickin’ board he can? Give me a break. POA is the ONLY independent organization in The Villages. I wholeheartedly support their work and recommendations.

Petersweeney 08-01-2022 06:21 AM

Who counts the votes ;)

golfing eagles 08-01-2022 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Petersweeney (Post 2121083)
Who counts the votes ;)

The same dead people that cast them????? :1rotfl::1rotfl::1rotfl: