Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   OmniTours (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/omnitours-466/)
-   -   What Does the End of the CDC's COVID-19 Program Mean for Cruisers? We Tackle the Burn (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/omnitours-466/what-does-end-cdcs-covid-19-program-mean-cruisers-we-tackle-burn-334159/)

OmniTours 08-03-2022 10:58 AM

What Does the End of the CDC's COVID-19 Program Mean for Cruisers? We Tackle the Burn

What Does the End of the CDC's COVID-19 Program Mean for Cruisers? We Tackle the Burning Questions

In a long-awaited victory for the U.S. cruising industry, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) finally took the step this week of removing its COVID-19 Program for Cruise Ships.

This decision does away with the lengthy set of requirements that the agency had established - including pre-boarding COVID test mandates and requiring most passengers to be vaccinated -- that cruise lines needed to adopt to resume full service in the U.S.

CLICK HERE TO READ MORE

Stu from NYC 08-03-2022 11:02 AM

Would not be happy sitting at a table for dinner or other meals with people not vaccinated

Hardlyworking 08-03-2022 11:06 AM

I think it’s pretty obvious that vaccinations are not preventive judging from the numbers coming back from Alaska cruises with Covid.

Keefelane66 08-03-2022 11:33 AM

A vaccine is to help your body and battle a viral infection avoiding a possible hospitalization just like a regular Flu vaccine will make the infection less severe!

Two Bills 08-03-2022 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu from NYC (Post 2122080)
Would not be happy sitting at a table for dinner or other meals with people not vaccinated

I really can't see the problem mixing with vaccinated or non-vaccinated people.
Do it every day without knowing what other peoples status is.
If you are vaccinated why worry?

Papa_lecki 08-03-2022 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keefelane66 (Post 2122101)
A vaccine is to help your body and battle a viral infection avoiding a possible hospitalization just like a regular Flu vaccine will make the infection less severe!

How many breakthrough cases of Polio have there been? How about measles, mumps?

the reason the fly vaccine isn’t 100% effective is because they have to guess 12months out, which Flu strain will be most prevalent.

Koapaka 08-03-2022 12:31 PM

Then feel free to sit at home and wring your hands worrying about the end of the world while the rest of us live our lives without Government (which has gotten VERY little right lately BTW) continues to dictate what you can/can not do. The rest of us think for ourselves.

Koapaka 08-03-2022 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Two Bills (Post 2122116)
I really can't see the problem mixing with vaccinated or non-vaccinated people.
Do it every day without knowing what other peoples status is.
If you are vaccinated why worry?

Don't you find it ironic that those that DEMAND vaccination display VERY LITTLE faith in all their jabs???? If it works the way you believe it does, what is the issue????????

Stu from NYC 08-03-2022 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koapaka (Post 2122122)
Don't you find it ironic that those that DEMAND vaccination display VERY LITTLE faith in all their jabs???? If it works the way you believe it does, what is the issue????????

As we all know the latest variants do manage to get thru. The people who get vaccinated usually get a very mild case just like we did some months ago.

Blueblaze 08-03-2022 01:34 PM

Hopefully, it will mean we will someday get back to normal and once again treat the common cold like the minor annoyance that it is -- rather than a reason to confine someone who paid $10,000 for a cruise to their cabin for the duration -- even when they have no symptoms -- just because they failed some stupid daily swab test with a 50% false-positive rate.

If you actually believe the vax works, why would you care if anyone else has it?

If your health is so precarious that a cold can kill you, why would you take a cruise that confines you to a boat with 1500 other people for a week?

How about we just quit worrying about dying and start living again?

westernrider75 08-04-2022 05:35 AM

Why not? You stand in line at the grocery stores with them, do you ever go out to dinner in TV? They are in those restaurants with you. What is different about a restaurant on a ship?

Kelevision 08-04-2022 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koapaka (Post 2122122)

I have SO much faith in MY jabs that I’ve done 8 cruises in 2022 alone.

Retwarrior 08-04-2022 05:46 AM

I’m more worried about sitting with the vaccinated and them shedding on me…I can’t understand how people have not figured out what is really going on. Only the vaccinated are getting sick, over and over. Time will tell…

talonip 08-04-2022 05:55 AM

Vaccines don’t work

If you are getting your medical info on the so called vaccine. It’s not a vaccine! You are misinformed by the media. You need to be reading up on the Epoch news. Dr Malone the inventor of mRNA tells us emphatically that the jab is dangerous and has no effect on the current version of Covid. Yet money hungry pharmaceutical company’s are raking in billions on misinformation. Even the so called president got the Covid after all his so called jabs. And if you think that the jab lessens the symptoms then just keep on getting your medical advise from CNN. doctors are being held hostage to hospitals and large corporations that are are in the medical business.

MandoMan 08-04-2022 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OmniTours (Post 2122076)
What Does the End of the CDC's COVID-19 Program Mean for Cruisers? We Tackle the Burning Questions

In a long-awaited victory for the U.S. cruising industry, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) finally took the step this week of removing its COVID-19 Program for Cruise Ships.

This decision does away with the lengthy set of requirements that the agency had established - including pre-boarding COVID test mandates and requiring most passengers to be vaccinated -- that cruise lines needed to adopt to resume full service in the U.S.

CLICK HERE TO READ MORE

I had reservations for a cruise because the cruise line said everyone had to be vaccinated, but when Wrong refused to let the cruise lines require vaccinations, I canceled my reservation. That’s why I won’t be voting for him. I wouldn’t want to be anywhere near people who refuse to be vaccinated. I believe in science.