Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   Deep Thinkers (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/deep-thinkers-334430/)

Rich Iwaszko 08-15-2022 02:23 PM

Deep Thinkers

Hi,
you have made it this far in life and are getting closer to total consciousness. It is time to ask the million dollar question....what is the meaning of life? Not your life as YOU have given it its meaning.

Two Bills 08-15-2022 02:25 PM

The one with the most toys at the end, Wins!

Dr.Butler 08-15-2022 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Iwaszko (Post 2126248)
Hi,
you have made it this far in life and are getting closer to total consciousness. It is time to ask the million dollar question....what is the meaning of life? Not your life as YOU have given it its meaning.

The answer is 42:a20:

ThirdOfFive 08-15-2022 02:31 PM

Quote:

Hi,

Depends on what you see as meaningful, I guess.

As that wise old philosopher Tom T. Hall once so sagely observed, the most meaningful things in life are...

Faster horses;
younger women;
older whiskey; and
more money.

Dr.Butler 08-15-2022 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Two Bills (Post 2126252)
The one with the most toys at the end, Wins!

based on this statement:

Forty-two is the ASCII code for the symbol * also known as the asterisk. This symbol is often thought to translate to anything or everything. In this instance, 42 = everything, the meaning of life.

Ecuadog 08-15-2022 02:37 PM

Rosebud.

Two Bills 08-15-2022 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Butler (Post 2126257)
based on this statement:

Forty-two is the ASCII code for the symbol * also known as the asterisk. This symbol is often thought to translate to anything or everything. In this instance, 42 = everything, the meaning of life.

I won't argue that, although I thought it was the 'color 9' as one of our old posters used to say about understanding!

Bogie Shooter 08-15-2022 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive (Post 2126256)
Depends on what you see as meaningful, I guess.

As that wise old philosopher Tom T. Hall once so sagely observed, the most meaningful things in life are...

Faster horses;
younger women;
older whiskey; and
more money.

:wave::eclipsee_gold_cup:

Stu from NYC 08-15-2022 02:52 PM

Excuse me while I ponder the question, back in a year or two

frose 08-15-2022 03:10 PM

live each day like it's your last, because one day you will be right.

alwann 08-15-2022 03:12 PM

Thinkers

None of this is real. We exist in a matrix which has a worsening glitch. Soon the Webb telescope will see a sign saying "game over."

Keefelane66 08-15-2022 03:28 PM

Quote:

Hi,

“The Meaning of Life” was covered in a 1983 film with the same name. Available on Amazon Prime Video.
Also in books by Douglas Adams reference to “42”

Laker14 08-15-2022 03:53 PM

I remember a t-shirt that said "when I works, I works hard, when I plays, I plays hard and when I thinks, I falls asleep."

Pretty much sums it up for me.

MartinSE 08-15-2022 04:07 PM

Why does there have to be a meaning?

Blueblaze 08-15-2022 05:05 PM

The smartest people in the world tell us life has no meaning; it's just the end result of an absurdly huge number of absurdly fortunate coincidences.

The smartest people in the world also tell us that every particle in the universe is merely a "wave" of possible mathematical solutions to its location in the universe, until it is observed. In other words, the universe cannot exist without an observer.

The smartest people in the world claim that this somehow proves that God does not exist. I wish I could explain that part, but I am not that smart.

I just find it odd that it apparently never occurs to the smartest people in the world that a solution to the observer problem could be that God is, in fact, the only reality; and the Universe is nothing more than God's thoughts -- which would also explain the absurd chain of coincidences necessary for our universe to exist.

If God exists, and we are nothing more than God's thoughts, then the meaning of life must be entertainment -- God's.