Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Bomb Threat At Villages High School. (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/bomb-threat-villages-high-school-334686/)

Kenswing 08-24-2022 11:27 AM

Bomb Threat At Villages High School.

A notification from the Sheriff Dept app.

August 24, 2022 at 12:19:30 EDT
The Villages High School administration was notified of a possible bomb threat by a student on social media. The Sumter County Sheriff’s Office is investigating and The Villages High School is being evacuated as a precaution. No other VCS schools are impacted and the student that made the threat is in custody and being arrested.

ThirdOfFive 08-24-2022 11:44 AM

'Tis the season.

Unfortunately.

Kenswing 08-24-2022 12:00 PM

All Clear given. Students and teachers returning to class.

Caymus 08-24-2022 05:34 PM

Are outside resources used to identify the culprit? Feds or Highway Patrol? Technology makes it easier.

frose 08-26-2022 04:01 PM

this has to stop.. I understand he is young, but he needs to understand the seriousness of his actions

Number 10 GI 08-26-2022 04:27 PM

When I was stationed in Mannheim, Germany I worked as a desk sergeant in the Military Police station. There was a high school in the military community and for about 2 weeks straight there was a bomb threat almost every day at the school. This was during the time of the Bader Menihof Gang and other terror groups that were terrorizing Germany. There had been two car bombings at military installations, so a bomb threat was taken seriously even though the authorities knew it was a high school student calling in the bomb threat to screw up the school day. The school principal made an announcement that any school time missed due to bomb threats would be made up during summer break. Guess what, no more bomb threats.

Djean1981 08-26-2022 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number 10 GI (Post 2130219)
When I was stationed in Mannheim, Germany I worked as a desk sergeant in the Military Police station. There was a high school in the military community and for about 2 weeks straight there was a bomb threat almost every day at the school. This was during the time of the Bader Menihof Gang and other terror groups that were terrorizing Germany. There had been two car bombings at military installations, so a bomb threat was taken seriously even though the authorities knew it was a high school student calling in the bomb threat to screw up the school day. The school principal made an announcement that any school time missed due to bomb threats would be made up during summer break. Guess what, no more bomb threats.

Excellent