Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Do not read if ...... (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/do-not-read-if-33511/)

Midge538 11-14-2010 05:23 AM

Do not read if ......

Do not read if you already have read enough news from Montana ...

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...3771174.column

redwitch 11-14-2010 06:44 AM

It really doesn't sound much like a news article, more like a smear campaign by someone extremely jealous of the Morses (and do remember I'm not really all that impressed with the Morses to begin with [the Villages, yes; the developer, no]). There's a lot of he said, opinions and not much in the way of facts and some of the facts are inaccurate if previous reports are true. Personally, I'd much rather read articles from Montana papers. I think they'd be less likely to be smearing the Morses.

Ajack 11-14-2010 07:41 AM

Where I come from, this would be called a political hack job. Where in the newspaper was this found? In the opinion page? Editorial? Entertainment page? I would not call this real news reporting, by any stretch.

Larry Wilson 11-14-2010 08:29 AM

Thanks Midge 538

Thanks Midge538 for posting. Interesting read. Sounds like a very thorough investigation.

Sally Jo 11-14-2010 09:12 AM

It is from the Orlando Slantinel. Need I say more.

Ajack 11-14-2010 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sally Jo (Post 308085)
It is from the Orlando Slantinel. Need I say more.

;) Good one. I had to read it twice before I got it.

Taltarzac 11-14-2010 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redwitch (Post 308062)
It really doesn't sound much like a news article, more like a smear campaign by someone extremely jealous of the Morses (and do remember I'm not really all that impressed with the Morses to begin with [the Villages, yes; the developer, no]). There's a lot of he said, opinions and not much in the way of facts and some of the facts are inaccurate if previous reports are true. Personally, I'd much rather read articles from Montana papers. I think they'd be less likely to be smearing the Morses.

I agree. She puts in a lot of irrelevant crap. MT papers and TV stations have more interesting stuff.

Pturner 11-14-2010 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajack (Post 308065)
Where I come from, this would be called a political hack job. Where in the newspaper was this found? In the opinion page? Editorial? Entertainment page? I would not call this real news reporting, by any stretch.

Lauren Ritchie is an opinion columnist. Her "beef" against the Morses is longstanding and unequivocal. She would probably cut off their legs with a chainsaw if she could, but she has to settle for an exacto knife. News reporting, it is not.

sandybill2 11-14-2010 02:00 PM

Don't want to make this "political" because I don't do "political" but what in the world do their political affiliations or contributions have to do with the charges of "hunting violations?" I shouldn't have read the column because I think I have had "enough" but my curiosity got the best of me!!!!! There has to be something going on in Orlando that she can write about!

downeaster 11-14-2010 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandybill2 (Post 308156)
Don't want to make this "political" because I don't do "political" but what in the world do their political affiliations or contributions have to do with the charges of "hunting violations?" I shouldn't have read the column because I think I have had "enough" but my curiosity got the best of me!!!!! There has to be something going on in Orlando that she can write about!

As Pturner so aptly stated, "Her "beef" against the Morses is longstanding and unequivocal". The Montana incident just opened the door for her to rehash all of past remarks demonizing the Morse family. I guess she thinks wealthy people shouldn't make contributions to political parties, own yachts, own airplanes, etc.

I suspect the Orlando Sentinel is struggling and think this kind editorializing will increase circulation.

jdsl1998 11-15-2010 07:45 AM

They say the "Morse Family" but it's the kids and grandkids. You are not your kids or your grandkids. In the end, each of us stands on our own. Who is to say, if we had the money, we too would not buy a big yacht and planes. That is not the issue. The rules, set up to protect animals, were clearly broken. I'm hoping the parents and grandparents are just as upset as the rest of us that rules did not get followed. That though their pain, they can truly say, "we didn't raise you this way". That is my hope.

iandwk 11-15-2010 08:02 AM

:agree:

Talk Host 11-15-2010 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdsl1998 (Post 308347)
They say the "Morse Family" but it's the kids and grandkids. You are not your kids or your grandkids. In the end, each of us stands on our own. Who is to say, if we had the money, we too would not buy a big yacht and planes. That is not the issue. The rules, set up to protect animals, were clearly broken. I'm hoping the parents and grandparents are just as upset as the rest of us that rules did not get followed. That though their pain, they can truly say, "we didn't raise you this way". That is my hope.

I've thought about this too. How would you like to have heard the conversation between dad and son?

EdV 11-15-2010 09:03 AM

On Nov 28th at 9PM National Geographic channel will begin its series called “Wild Justice” which will follow the lives of California’s Game Wardens in pursuit of poachers and polluters, and the hunters and anglers that don’t follow the rules.

Larry Wilson 11-15-2010 10:30 AM

Learn more about poaching

Thanks EdVinMass. I will watch this for sure. Wish more people would learn about this crime.