Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Houses of Worship in the Villages (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/houses-worship-villages-75/)
-   -   Looking for a church (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/houses-worship-villages-75/looking-church-335611/)

Dr Winston O Boogie jr 10-01-2022 07:58 AM

Looking for a church

I want to start attending church again. I was brought up in the Catholic Church but left and went to a protestant church later in life.

I don't want to go back to a Catholic Church and the church that I belonged to was a bit too conservative for me. I'm not looking for an ultra liberal, "you can believe in anything" kind of church but something that's a bit more moderate.

Suggestions would be appreciated.

Djean1981 10-01-2022 08:14 AM

There are a lot of churches in the area. Check more than a few out. Also, you may want to explore outside TV a little.

charlieo1126@gmail.com 10-01-2022 09:57 AM

Try one of the Unitarian churches , they are known for a liberal type of inclusiveness in there services and help in the community

tedquick 10-01-2022 10:55 AM

My wife and I go to the 9:00 services at New Covenant United Methodist Church at 3470 Woodridge Dr off of 466. They also have services at 11:00. We have a great pastor who preaches from the Bible. We also have an excellent music program of which I think you'd be impressed.

tedquick 10-01-2022 11:37 AM

I just now noticed that your post was made 10 years ago. :( :)

Rainger99 10-01-2022 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tedquick (Post 2142029)

I think he joined TOTV ten years ago but I think he posted today.

Aces4 10-01-2022 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tedquick (Post 2142029)

Ted, look at the banner right above Boogie’s picture and you will see when this was initially posted, today.

Sparky25 10-01-2022 02:56 PM

Live Oaks Community Church

We moved in almost 5yrs ago. We went to Live Oaks Community Church on our second Sunday and didn't have to look no further.
A Gospel (Jesus) teaching church , blessed with 5 teaching pastors.
Great worship music.
We are also blessed with a growing congregation that want more of Jesusin their lives.
Come and visit tomorrow Sunday at 8;30 am or 10;30am at our Woodbridge campus or Today Saturday at 5;30 pm or tomorrow at 10;30am at our Southern Oaks Campus.
We have built the two campuses for the people that we do not know yet.
loveoakschurch.org

You can access the Woodbridge campus by golf cart --drive thru the Walmart parking lot on 466

See you there,
George Grafer

Michael 61 10-01-2022 04:17 PM

I’ll be buying in TV very soon, and unfortunately found no church inside the bubble like the one I’m leaving behind. I don’t want to talk politics/religion here, but none in TV meant my doctrinal standards, as many, though well-intentioned, focused more on the community over making Christ and sharing the gospel to a lost world front- and-center. I did find an excellent church in Winter Garden that I’ll be attending, and I don’t mind making the quick drive down south once a week, since I’ll be buying new in the southern villages of TV.

Taltarzac725 10-01-2022 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tedquick (Post 2142015)
My wife and I go to the 9:00 services at New Covenant United Methodist Church at 3470 Woodridge Dr off of 466. They also have services at 11:00. We have a great pastor who preaches from the Bible. We also have an excellent music program of which I think you'd be impressed.

I know many people to go to that Church and have been going there a long time.

ThirdOfFive 10-01-2022 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparky25 (Post 2142077)
We moved in almost 5yrs ago. We went to Live Oaks Community Church on our second Sunday and didn't have to look no further.
A Gospel (Jesus) teaching church , blessed with 5 teaching pastors.
Great worship music.
We are also blessed with a growing congregation that want more of Jesusin their lives.
Come and visit tomorrow Sunday at 8;30 am or 10;30am at our Woodbridge campus or Today Saturday at 5;30 pm or tomorrow at 10;30am at our Southern Oaks Campus.
We have built the two campuses for the people that we do not know yet.
loveoakschurch.org

You can access the Woodbridge campus by golf cart --drive thru the Walmart parking lot on 466

See you there,
George Grafer

Second that...we've been attending at the Woodridge campus of Live Oaks for about a year now.

Their affiliation is Evangelical Free. But they don't seem to be hung up on doctrinal issues; they tolerate a certain variety of viewpoints and treat guests as members (though the guests can't vote on church-related business). Come this Sunday: Pastor James Armstrong, a new associate pastor, ex-Air Force Colonel with impressive curriculum vitae, will be delivering the sermon and he's a great speaker.

jswirs 10-02-2022 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr (Post 2141947)
I want to start attending church again. I was brought up in the Catholic Church but left and went to a protestant church later in life.

I don't want to go back to a Catholic Church and the church that I belonged to was a bit too conservative for me. I'm not looking for an ultra liberal, "you can believe in anything" kind of church but something that's a bit more moderate.

I too was brought up Catholic. I now happily attend worship services at Trinity Lutheran church, located just outside the villages on Rt.441. I believe the Lutheran religion is closest to Catholicism, without the private confession, and is more liberal along with having a "clean" reputation.

2GSBK 10-02-2022 04:43 AM

Christ’s Church Of Marion County.
6768 SW 80th St. Ocala
Bible-based non-denominational church.
Many great Bible study classes.
Congregation has over eight retired pastors as members.
If you’re interested in hearing and learning more about the Word of God, this is the place to go.

Worldseries27 10-02-2022 04:44 AM

Jc." let the children come to me"

Quote:

Originally Posted by dr winston o boogie jr (Post 2141947)
i want to start attending church again. I was brought up in the catholic church but left and went to a protestant church later in life.

I don't want to go back to a catholic church and the church that i belonged to was a bit too conservative for me. I'm not looking for an ultra liberal, "you can believe in anything" kind of church but something that's a bit more moderate.

st pauls rc in leesburg is an interesting church. Great parking, and modern church. Has young pastor and whay i like most is the singing children and the baptisms that take place during the ceremony. There is also the vow renewal ceremonies and a police presence within . I like seeing families, sometimes with up to 10- 15 members coming in at all ages to mass together. Seeing their love of each other inspires me to have hope for a world with a brighter future.

Hank’s mom 10-02-2022 05:00 AM

Hope Lutheran is amazing!!!