Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   South Meggison Rd Roundabouts (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/south-meggison-rd-roundabouts-335629/)

Glorantha 10-01-2022 09:31 PM

South Meggison Rd Roundabouts

I don’t see any roundabouts on the new southern portion of Meggison Rd. Is this something that’s added after the heavier construction phase is complete? I also don’t see any golf cart tunnels on this section of Meggison. I foresee this road being pretty busy after this portion of TV is built out.

Oldragbagger 10-01-2022 10:32 PM

Between SR-44 and Sawgrass Grove I counted eight roundabouts. We also have tunnels on Meggison to cross under Morse Blvd, Under Warm Springs Ave, and a couple that take you from one side of Meggison to the other so we can access various communities and also the Water Lily Bridge and the Brownwood Bridge.

Dotneko 10-02-2022 04:50 AM

I believe the OP is talking about beyond Sawgrass on the Orlando side. I don't know that there are any roundabouts or tunnels down there. I agree it will be busy. Especially when bexley bridge goes in.

Rainger99 10-02-2022 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glorantha (Post 2142122)
I don’t see any roundabouts on the new southern portion of Meggison Rd. Is this something that’s added after the heavier construction phase is complete? I also don’t see any golf cart tunnels on this section of Meggison. I foresee this road being pretty busy after this portion of TV is built out.

It looks like this section of Meggison is going to be similar to Morse from 27/441 down to 466.

VApeople 10-02-2022 07:06 AM

Quote:

I don’t see any roundabouts on the new southern portion of Meggison Rd. Is this something that’s added after the heavier construction phase is complete? I also don’t see any golf cart tunnels on this section of Meggison.

Below Sawgrass, Meggison becomes a 2-lane road with golf cart lanes along the side, just like Moyer, Hillsborough, and Pinellas. Roads like that do not have roundabouts or golf cart tunnels.

Quote:

I foresee this road being pretty busy after this portion of TV is built out.

Yeah, I agree.

Altavia 10-02-2022 07:14 AM

Quote:

I don’t see any roundabouts on the new southern portion of Meggison Rd. Is this something that’s added after the heavier construction phase is complete?

Nope.

Oldragbagger 10-02-2022 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dotneko (Post 2142144)
I believe the OP is talking about beyond Sawgrass on the Orlando side. I don't know that there are any roundabouts or tunnels down there. I agree it will be busy. Especially when bexley bridge goes in.

Thanks for clarifying. The last time we were down that way Meggison Road was still closed so we haven’t been able to venture past where construction starts for the Village of Newell. Maybe we need to give it another try today and see what’s going on down there. 🙂

John Mayes 10-02-2022 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldragbagger (Post 2142298)
Thanks for clarifying. The last time we were down that way Meggison Road was still closed so we haven’t been able to venture past where construction starts for the Village of Newell. Maybe we need to give it another try today and see what’s going on down there. 🙂

If I’m not mistaken, I think it’s still closed to normal auto and cart traffic.

Altavia 10-02-2022 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldragbagger (Post 2142298)

This issue of Continuing the Dream includes a planned road map.

Continuing The Dream: Volume 3

JMintzer 10-02-2022 11:43 AM

Don't they have gates on Meggison, starting at or just below St Catherine?

Kenswing 10-02-2022 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMintzer (Post 2142368)
Don't they have gates on Meggison, starting at or just below St Catherine?

Yes. It’s where the MMP ends and joins Meggison. I’m guessing it’s to give the golf carts a fighting chance to cross the road safely.

coffeebean 10-02-2022 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rainger99 (Post 2142158)
It looks like this section of Meggison is going to be similar to Morse from 27/441 down to 466.

Why would "they" do that? South of 466 is an improvement of that section of Morse Blvd. Why go backwards?

Rainger99 10-02-2022 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coffeebean (Post 2142486)
Why would "they" do that? South of 466 is an improvement of that section of Morse Blvd. Why go backwards?

From reading other posts on other topics, we have been told that the developer is a billionaire and knows what he is doing and doesn’t make mistakes. Let’s hope that is true!

Dotneko 10-02-2022 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Mayes (Post 2142303)
If I’m not mistaken, I think it’s still closed to normal auto and cart traffic.

Its partially paved. We drive down occassionally on sundays when there are no workers. There are going to be some really nice lots there.

VApeople 10-02-2022 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coffeebean (Post 2142486)

Maybe because "they" think that part of Meggison will have no more traffic than roads like Moyer and Pinellas, so a simple 2-lane road will be sufficient.