Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Atick Vacuums - review please (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/atick-vacuums-review-please-336176/)

LuvNH 10-24-2022 09:36 AM

Atick Vacuums - review please

I am thinking of buying a stick vacuum to replace a very heavy vacuum I am now using. If you have a stick I would appreciate hearing your views on them.

retiredguy123 10-24-2022 10:56 AM

I have a Dyson cordless. Expensive, but very convenient, lightweight, and easy to use. It hangs on the wall and is always ready to use, with no cord to get in the way.

asianthree 10-24-2022 12:27 PM

My dyson stick was left up north.. so bought a shark stick.. it does an ok job.. but I know the carpet is just not getting a good vacuuming with the stick

rjm1cc 10-24-2022 12:31 PM

Just got a Dyson (battery) with the extra tools. It does what the manufacture says it will. The head is very flexible and a lot smaller than what you are using which means it is a lot easier to vacuum around furniture. I have a head for rugs and one for bare floors. Either would work on the other type of floor. Can remove tube and use as a hand held vacuum and vacuum where I could not before. On regular speed I can do about 1800 sq ft (less due to furniture etc.) of cleaning on a charge. On high speed you do get a big increase in vacuum power but probably 10 or 15 minutes of use. This is ok as the need for high speed should be minimal. The suction and ability to pick up stuff is very good. Also very nice not having a cord. You could grab it and use it for a quick clean up a lot easier than your old machine. We do not have any pets.

Pondboy 10-24-2022 03:21 PM

The sticks are great on solid surfaces (hardwoods, tile, linoleum, etc). I’d recommend getting one with a light on the end (floor brush section ). It does wonders in helping you spot dirt. Especially helpful if you have pets that shed. Battery vs corded and no bag (but a dust cup/collector) would be 2 other options I’d recommend.

Badger 2006 10-24-2022 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retiredguy123 (Post 2150524)
I have a Dyson cordless. Expensive, but very convenient, lightweight, and easy to use. It hangs on the wall and is always ready to use, with no cord to get in the way.

Dyson is the way to go!

jswirs 10-25-2022 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuvNH (Post 2150486)
I am thinking of buying a stick vacuum to replace a very heavy vacuum I am now using. If you have a stick I would appreciate hearing your views on them.

Love our Black & Decker stick vacuum. Hangs on the wall, always ready to go, 3 speed, stands up by itself without needing to lean it against something, powerful too, and has 2 led lights. It will run a sufficient amount of time on a full charge.

CosmicTrucker 10-25-2022 05:15 AM

I currently use a Shark robo self emptying unit and a Dyson stick plus a Shark upright. The Robo and stick are good for light general cleaning, but if you have any pets and some carpets then you’ll have to use a good upright model to get the job done well.

sdeikenberry 10-25-2022 05:20 AM

Two months ago we purchased a Dyson Absolute from Dyson direct...free shipping and best price found. Did this based on my two son's recommendation...both son's are techies and know thier stuff. We've been very happy with the purchase. It comes with all the attachments you'll need...bare floor, carpet, upholstery bruses, extentions, etc. We have one large area rug and the rest hard floors. Also have an air purifier that we run the brush attachement over the outside pre-filter. The motor is very powerful. The battery has two settings, regular and max. On max it lasts over 20 minutes...enough time to do all the sweeping we want in one session, but we don't need to use max all the time. It does great on all our surfaces. A bit more expensive than others, but well worth the money.

rothbear 10-25-2022 05:38 AM

Dyson, definitely! Used a Dyson upright, still going strong for over 20 year. Bought a Dyson V6 stick probably close to 10 years ago and 99% of the time that's the one that we grab. Hubby refuses to use the upright. Came with a bunch of attachments, including the "fluffy" head which is great on wood, tile and vinyl. Small "powered" head great for steps. Hangs on the wall. I would like to get the latest, more powerful, one, but can't justify since this one still working fine. Son-in-law does all the cleaning and on our experience they asked for one on their wedding gift list. They also upgraded from the Dyson ball my daughter had (2 cats, one long haired), which also still works. Yes they are expensive but worth it.

westernrider75 10-25-2022 05:52 AM

Quote:

I bought a Shark stick vacuum as the Dyson were more money than I could justify. It definitely does the job well. We have carpet in the bedrooms and vinyl everywhere else. I chose a corded model because it has more power.

The one negative is we have pets that shed and the cup that collects the hair/dirt is not big so I sometimes have to empty mid way through.

Shadowrider 10-25-2022 06:04 AM

Eureka

Quote:

I have a Eureka RapidClean Pro. I use it frequently on tile, lvp and carpet for light cleaning. It works great. Still need to use a regular vacuum for deep cleaning on carpet.

midiwiz 10-25-2022 06:08 AM

Quote:

Unlike the rest of the world, we used to have a Eureka hand held vacuum that we used on ledges in our old house. It was fantastic, tons of suction, etc. Still have it these 14 years later. We wanted ease of use, multi-use, and same strength and logevity. We got the Eureka stick that does everything from blinds,drapes, floors, rugs, bulk stuff. it can be a full vac or can be broken down into something smaller for multiple uses. Our cleaning person loves it better than hers, so I let her use it here.

Couldn't be happier - and the best part it was less expensive than Dyson and the rest.

mkjelenbaas 10-25-2022 06:28 AM

Quote:

Yes - we have one and it works nicely. Thanks for asking.

Remembergoldenrule 10-25-2022 06:30 AM

I love my afoddon one. Inexpensive, but works great on hard floors one low pile carpet!