Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Coastal del Mar, Spanish Springs (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/coastal-del-mar-spanish-springs-336280/)

N44125 10-28-2022 02:59 PM

Coastal del Mar, Spanish Springs

Although not opened, I found their website with menus online. Looks like a great addition to SS. Located in the old Too Jays site

Coastal Del Mar | Seafood Restaurant | The Villages Florida

JSR22 10-28-2022 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N44125 (Post 2152093)
Although not opened, I found their website with menus online. Looks like a great addition to SS. Located in the old Too Jays site

Coastal Del Mar | Seafood Restaurant | The Villages Florida

Great addition to Villages restaurants. A place for a nice dinner before going to The Sharon for a show.

njbchbum 10-28-2022 03:31 PM

Looks nice! I just wish the old digestive system could handle such dining any more! :(

stevecmo 10-28-2022 06:16 PM

Thanks for the link! The menu looks great. Can't wait to give them a try. FMK usually does a great job.

OrangeBlossomBaby 10-28-2022 06:56 PM

It sounds like a great place to go - once. It's beyond our budget even for anniversaries. Plus I can't EVER justify paying $8.50 for a bowl of clam chowder. The whole point of New England clam chowder, where I come from (in New England), is that it's filling, tasty, and inexpensive.

walterray1 10-28-2022 07:46 PM

Sad

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby (Post 2152130)
It sounds like a great place to go - once. It's beyond our budget even for anniversaries. Plus I can't EVER justify paying $8.50 for a bowl of clam chowder. The whole point of New England clam chowder, where I come from (in New England), is that it's filling, tasty, and inexpensive.

Hope things get better for you.

tophcfa 10-28-2022 09:58 PM

Have been very much anticipating a good seafood restaurant in the SS area, but after reviewing the menu I am disappointed. Haddock, salmon, tuna, shrimp and scallops are available just about anywhere, including when we are up north. Was very much hoping for some good fresh Florida fish that’s not readily available in other places like red snapper, grouper, mahi mahi, redfish, etc…. I’m sure the food will be prepared very well like the other FMK run restaurants in the Villages, but the menu selection is very generic and certainly nothing special.

OrangeBlossomBaby 10-28-2022 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by walterray1 (Post 2152141)
Hope things get better for you.

Things aren't bad for us. We just live within our means, and we have modest means. That means our "luxuries" have more bang for the buck.

collie1228 10-29-2022 09:06 AM

Looks like a good menu to me. I too love fresh fish, and there is a "catch of the day" item on the menu. Hopefully the restaurant's buyer will be buying local fresh fish, like grouper and snapper to fill the catch of the day.

Hape2Bhr 10-29-2022 11:40 AM

Quote:

Jakes Seafood in Hull MA

Right on the water...$8.00 for a bowl of clam chowder.
https://irp.cdn-website.com/67a496a5...ALL%20Menu.pdf

seecapecod 10-30-2022 06:49 AM

Quote:

That’s not too far from what most restaurants on the Cape charge for chowder.

seecapecod 10-30-2022 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njbchbum (Post 2152101)
Looks nice! I just wish the old digestive system could handle such dining any more! :(

Any idea of the opening date? I was in SS last night and they had “Staff In Training” signs in the windows, tables and umbrellas outside- must be soon!

JSR22 10-30-2022 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seecapecod (Post 2152491)
Any idea of the opening date? I was in SS last night and they had “Staff In Training” signs in the windows, tables and umbrellas outside- must be soon!

They expect to open November 8th

pauld315 10-30-2022 07:54 AM

It is a good thing that this is an FMK restaurant. They own so many places they can absorb the losses this place will take. Prices are too high for the Spanish Springs area.

Just jimmy 10-30-2022 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauld315 (Post 2152526)
It is a good thing that this is an FMK restaurant. They own so many places they can absorb the losses this place will take. Prices are too high for the Spanish Springs area.

We live just north of 44. We can’t wait for it to open. Spanish springs is not that far.