Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Executive Courses - The Villages Golf Course Conditions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/executive-courses-villages-golf-course-conditions-472/)
-   -   Executive courses (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/executive-courses-villages-golf-course-conditions-472/executive-courses-336353/)

ScottandTiffany09 11-01-2022 07:17 AM

Executive courses

I play executives twice weekly and championships once weekly. The courses stay in great shape. They do have to aerate occasionally, but that's anywhere you go. Tiera Del Sol has some of the fastest greens in The Villages and it's one of the oldest courses, which proves to me they are as concerned with the old section of TV as they are the new sections. I am amazed at how well these courses are maintained. With the changes of temperature and occasional massive rains, the volume of play, and the total volume of holes and courses there is mo place like it!

dewilson58 11-01-2022 07:35 AM

Wait until the first of the year...................the crabbers will be posting........happens every year.

kkingston57 11-01-2022 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dewilson58 (Post 2153162)
Wait until the first of the year...................the crabbers will be posting........happens every year.

In all defense of the crabbers, in January we have the honor of paying higher green fees, food colored grass(no over seed), hard pan fairways, harder to get tee times, less tee times(shorter days) etc.

On the bright side, temps are cooler and we will not spend as much time looking for balls in the rough, no punched greens, etc. I bet a little overseed would get rid of the crabbers.

I'm Popeye! 11-01-2022 08:07 AM

Courses are ready to be destroyed again by, you know who, closed down after they leave to fix them for their return the following season...

tophcfa 11-01-2022 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I'm Popeye! (Post 2153176)
Courses are ready to be destroyed again by, you know who, closed down after they leave to fix them for their return the following season...

We are part time residents who come to our Villages home throughout the year, not just the Winter. We see the same bad golf course behavior, driving, parking, self entitlement, etc… no matter what time of the year it is. So no, I don’t know who the “you know who” is?

Bogie Shooter 11-01-2022 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dewilson58 (Post 2153162)

Some can't wait till then......:jester:

Mrfriendly 11-02-2022 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tophcfa (Post 2153219)
We are part time residents who come to our Villages home throughout the year, not just the Winter. We see the same bad golf course behavior, driving, parking, self entitlement, etc… no matter what time of the year it is. So no, I don’t know who the “you know who” is?

We are part time residents who come to our Villages home throughout the year, just not in the Winter. We love preparing our tee times the week before we arrive and look forward to meeting and making new friends on the course. We love it here in TV. I guess we don’t come down enough to meet “you know who” and could it be we are the “you know who?” I don’t know but think not. We make a lot of friends.

maistocars 11-02-2022 08:53 AM

Some cities can't even keep one golf course in good shape. The Villages does an outright amazing job with all the golf course land they have. Simply amazing!

Rodneysblue 11-02-2022 11:56 AM

Quote:

As long as they keep paying their amenities fee.

Rwirish 11-05-2022 05:28 AM

In general, many of the courses are not in very good shape all year.

Two Bills 11-05-2022 05:44 AM

A first time poster with a post which to me, stinks of click bait, or a Daily Sun mangement plant.

donsnider52@gmail.com 11-30-2022 02:44 PM

Tierra Del Sol is beautiful

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottandTiffany09 (Post 2153146)
I play executives twice weekly and championships once weekly. The courses stay in great shape. They do have to aerate occasionally, but that's anywhere you go. Tiera Del Sol has some of the fastest greens in The Villages and it's one of the oldest courses, which proves to me they are as concerned with the old section of TV as they are the new sections. I am amazed at how well these courses are maintained. With the changes of temperature and occasional massive rains, the volume of play, and the total volume of holes and courses there is mo place like it!

I played Tierra Del Sole on Monday of this week it was in great shape and the greens were ran true. Thank you for the care given to this course. It is a pleasure to play.

BrianL99 11-30-2022 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by I'm Popeye!

"Courses are ready to be destroyed again by, you know who, closed down after they leave to fix them for their return the following season".

Who? the 30% - 40% of home owners in "The Villages", who pay fees all year-round, yet only use the facilities and amenities for about 1/2 the year? The folks who can afford 2 or more homes and don't mind subsidizing the year-round residents of The Villages?

wisbad1 11-30-2022 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kkingston57 (Post 2153174)
In all defense of the crabbers, in January we have the honor of paying higher green fees, food colored grass(no over seed), hard pan fairways, harder to get tee times, less tee times(shorter days) etc.

On the bright side, temps are cooler and we will not spend as much time looking for balls in the rough, no punched greens, etc. I bet a little overseed would get rid of the crabbers.

My drives bounce and roll forever! I love it!

golfing eagles 11-30-2022 03:46 PM

Quote:

Is "you know who" Lord Voldemort?????? I didn't know he played golf:1rotfl::1rotfl::1rotfl: