Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Opinions Concerning Best Villages (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/opinions-concerning-best-villages-336898/)

Sonoftuntavern 11-22-2022 04:26 PM

Opinions Concerning Best Villages

I have never visited the Villages but have been looking at homes there. I am trying to find a method to identify the best house within my parameters, all of which havent been set yet. I imagine certain villages might be considered preferable to others, so a good starting point might be to rank various villages, and then search from there. I have only been able to find one article on the internet where villages are ranked. It would be greatly appreciated if those of you who live there could provide some opinions as to what the top 5 or 10 villages to live in are, and even more appreciated if you provide brief reasons why you rank them that way. Alternatively, if you have opinions about other better methods to identify a suitable home, please let me know.

JMintzer 11-22-2022 04:32 PM

https://y.yarn.co/3ecf048d-3a14-4552...0761f_text.gif

There is no "Best Village"...

JSR22 11-22-2022 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonoftuntavern (Post 2159932)
I have never visited the Villages but have been looking at homes there. I am trying to find a method to identify the best house within my parameters, all of which havent been set yet. I imagine certain villages might be considered preferable to others, so a good starting point might be to rank various villages, and then search from there. I have only been able to find one article on the internet where villages are ranked. It would be greatly appreciated if those of you who live there could provide some opinions as to what the top 5 or 10 villages to live in are, and even more appreciated if you provide brief reasons why you rank them that way. Alternatively, if you have opinions about other better methods to identify a suitable home, please let me know.

You will find everyone thinks they live in the best village. If you want a brand-new house, you need to look south of 44. If you are a Championship gofer look from 466 to 466 A. You want shopping look North of 44. If you want a lower priced home, you would look in the Historic Section North of 441.
I have never seen a ranking of Villages and I have lived here 10 years. You need to figure out what is important to you then you can select the areas that would work for you.

Retiring 11-22-2022 04:43 PM

Quote:

TV has become so large it’s impossible for a person to know the distinguishing features of every village. Some villages skew older residents and some on the younger end of the 55+ spectrum. Some you can hear a pin drop and some have a weekly block party. New construction is almost exclusively on the south end, relatively far from the current town squares. I live in the Village of St. Catherine. In my 50s I like the more youthful demographic of this village. There are villages where the silence is deafening, no thank you.

Altavia 11-22-2022 04:43 PM

Start with a Lifestyle Visit.

Nucky 11-22-2022 04:51 PM

There certainly is a best Village. The one that you live in will do the trick.

Many people think a geographical change will cure their problems but they have to remember you are bringing you with you. Get it? Good!

MrFlorida 11-22-2022 04:52 PM

You are opening a can of worms.

RICH1 11-22-2022 04:57 PM

Before we suggest an area , we need to know about every aspect of your life! So with that said , Happy Hunting and don’t let anyone tell you that you need a lightning detection system…get yourself a nice gasoline powered Yamaha golf cart, and don’t drink yourself to death!

OrangeBlossomBaby 11-22-2022 04:58 PM

Quote:

So they all need to fit your parameters but you haven't set any yet.

Eureka, I have the answer for you! You can stop looking. The BEST village is the one that fits your parameters.

You're welcome.

Babubhat 11-22-2022 05:11 PM

Personal preference. Each person is different

BrianL99 11-22-2022 05:14 PM

Quote:

Is there an official process to nominate a particular post, as _________ post of the year?

Papa_lecki 11-22-2022 05:16 PM

Mine is the best village….I’ll bet this a trolling post - but i will bite.

Seriously - every person has different criteria. Near a square, not near a square, which square, near pools, near golf, tennis pickle, not near golf/tennis, near your church, side walks, etc

You need to come down, spend more than a few days, and figure out where you want to live.
Most villages will be out if you want new construction

Keefelane66 11-22-2022 05:20 PM

As you drive around The Villages and find a Wi-Fi connection “CENTEROFTHE UNIVERSe” you may have found Mecca

JD Tremor 11-22-2022 05:20 PM

Bonita is terrible you wouldn't like it here.... LOL

Kidding of course!

Joe V. 11-22-2022 05:31 PM

Quote:

Your first post. Turns out to be a troll stirring the pot one.