Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Longhorn Steak House (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/longhorn-steak-house-336930/)

BobnBev 11-23-2022 09:18 PM

Longhorn Steak House

Went to the Longhorn tonight, first time there. Wife's sirloin was just perfect, and her baked potato was delicious. The salads weren't bad. My ribeye was a tad overcooked and much too much seasoning, but I ate it anyways. The free refills were a pleasant surprise. Waiter was good, gave him a 20% tip in cash. Will we go back
probably not. Too many other places to eat.

Taltarzac725 11-23-2022 10:33 PM

I mean to try them sometime.:icon_hungry:

Stu from NYC 11-24-2022 07:45 AM

We like it and go pretty often. Wife likes their salmon and steaks are pretty good and service also good.

Keefelane66 11-24-2022 08:55 AM

Longhorn and Texas Roadhouse always good Texas Roadhouse can be noisy.

justjim 11-24-2022 10:17 AM

Longhorn steakhouse is my favorite among the medium priced steakhouse chains. We no longer eat steak (red meat) except maybe a special occasion or circumstance.

collie1228 11-24-2022 11:13 AM

We've had really good food and service at Longhorn. Much better than Texas Roadhouse, mostly due to the unreal noise you have to put up with at TR. Food is pretty good there, but the ambiance is lacking.

ohioshooter 11-24-2022 11:50 AM

My favorite chain steakhouse is Outback. Been consistent wherever we go.

Suzay 11-25-2022 06:25 AM

We prefer them over Texas Roadhouse,when you order their steak just tell them no seasoning on the meat ! Texas Roadhouse is to loud ,you have to yell at the waiter so he can hear you ,I like to eat where its quiet ,music is to loud !

Villages Kahuna 11-25-2022 09:04 AM

One of our favorites… not the only one though. Pick your time to avoid a long wait with the crowd outside.

Maybe the friendliest, fastest service of any restaurant in the area. ALL the employees have big smiles! We’ve found the food consistently very good. For the type of restaurant that it is, more consistent food quality and service than any other restaurant in the area, even the “high end” ones.

Only complaint? It’s pretty noisy, although not as bad as others here, particularly a couple newly renovated country clubs. But even with the noise, their booths make conversation pretty easy.

RiderOnTheStorm 11-25-2022 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobnBev (Post 2160313)
Went to the Longhorn tonight, first time there. Wife's sirloin was just perfect, and her baked potato was delicious. The salads weren't bad. My ribeye was a tad overcooked and much too much seasoning, but I ate it anyways. The free refills were a pleasant surprise. Waiter was good, gave him a 20% tip in cash. Will we go back

Did you share your concerns with the Manager?

Jillbugg 11-25-2022 09:23 AM

Longhorn is our FAV!

Longhorn steakhouse is our favorite place to eat in TV. We have never had a bad meal ever. I sure would give him another try.

Heytubes 11-25-2022 09:55 AM

I’ve been eating at Longhorn since the early’80’s in Atlanta. Always perfect food. The only drawback is when I ask the server to wait until I finish my salad to bring the entree. Well, never even get two bites and it shows up. I don’t like cold steak. Next time I may say your tip amount depends upon the timing of my entree. And I tip well.

Tyrone Shoelaces 11-25-2022 10:47 AM

Both Longhorn and TX Roadhouse are not Cart accessible.
We would go a lot more often if they were.

jmsturm 11-25-2022 11:30 AM

Longhorn, always a favorite!

siralex2 11-25-2022 11:57 AM

Longhorn

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobnBev (Post 2160313)

Their ribs are absolutely delicious, in Florida and in New Jersey!