Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Golf in The Villages (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/golf-villages-216/)
-   -   Tee Time System Access (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/golf-villages-216/tee-time-system-access-337871/)

jimschlaefer 01-02-2023 04:24 PM

Tee Time System Access

I'm trying links from GolftheVillages.com to the TeeTimeSystem using both Google and Firefox browsers and continue to get 404 errors (basically 'bad link'). Would someone share the URL for that system so I can request some tee times. And if the GolftheVillages team is "listening", please check your site for valid links.
Thanks in advance.

Arlington2 01-02-2023 04:28 PM

Just now tried with Chrome browser on pc. No problem logging in.

alwann 01-02-2023 05:25 PM

tee time

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimschlaefer (Post 2172387)
I'm trying links from GolftheVillages.com to the TeeTimeSystem using both Google and Firefox browsers and continue to get 404 errors (basically 'bad link'). Would someone share the URL for that system so I can request some tee times. And if the GolftheVillages team is "listening", please check your site for valid links.
Thanks in advance.

I didn't know there is a link from golfthevillages to thevillages.net, which is what most use for booking tee time requests on-line. It's a subscription service.

BrianL99 01-02-2023 05:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by alwann (Post 2172393)
I didn't know there is a link from golfthevillages to thevillages.net, which is what most use for booking tee time requests on-line. It's a subscription service.

The Link works just fine, I just tried it.

Papa_lecki 01-02-2023 07:01 PM

No tee times from golfTheVillages.com - need to go to thevillages.net - the link is in the bottom right

Flyers999 01-03-2023 04:08 PM

Link works for me on both Chrome and Edge on a pc.

You may want to "Clear Browsing data." On Edge go to "Settings/Privacy, Search and services/ Clear browsing data."

MrChip72 01-03-2023 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alwann (Post 2172393)

A monthly paid subscription service to book anything online in 2023 just seems crazy. Reminds me of a few things that existed in the early 90's but don't exist anymore for good reason.

Even many of the most basic cheap golf courses in Florida offer online booking at no extra charge.

MrFlorida 01-03-2023 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimschlaefer (Post 2172387)
Thanks in advance.

The service is not free, you need a paid subscription to use it.

MSchad 01-03-2023 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrChip72 (Post 2172643)
A monthly paid subscription service to book anything online in 2023 just seems crazy. Reminds me of a few things that existed in the early 90's but don't exist anymore for good reason.

Even many of the most basic cheap golf courses in Florida offer online booking at no extra charge.

Comparing of a single course reservation system to a system that handles 57 courses allowing requests for multiple courses and multiple times besides straight reservations? Apples and oranges. Major online reservation systems (golf now etc) also charge a membership fee or a booking fee.

Papa_lecki 01-03-2023 08:36 PM

Quote:

Someone needs to pay for it. Since most of the tee times are for executive courses, the development districts will pay for it, which means the residents pay for it.
The Developer will pass the cost onto those playing championship courses in the greens fees.

Bogie Shooter 01-03-2023 08:55 PM

Quote:

Use the phone, it’s free.

MrChip72 01-03-2023 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papa_lecki (Post 2172664)
Someone needs to pay for it. Since most of the tee times are for executive courses, the development districts will pay for it, which means the residents pay for it.
The Developer will pass the cost onto those playing championship courses in the greens fees.

I appreciate what you're saying. I've worked in tech my entire career and practically every business or entity needs to keep up with modern technology as a cost of doing business. Imagine if TV never created the phone system in the first place and people still had to call to book their tee times like it was 40 years ago and then the person you call is using data entry to enter it into the system.

MrChip72 01-03-2023 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSchad (Post 2172652)
Comparing of a single course reservation system to a system that handles 57 courses allowing requests for multiple courses and multiple times besides straight reservations? Apples and oranges. Major online reservation systems (golf now etc) also charge a membership fee or a booking fee.

I've worked in IT my whole life. Building a system that's modern with a web portal and mobile apps would be relatively low complexity compared to most types of apps, even for 57 courses. Based on my past experience, the long term cost would likely be cheaper than the phone system to maintain.

There's over 25 entities in North America that have 50+ courses with a free booking system.

banjobob 01-04-2023 05:10 AM

sign up, pay the fee, access ,The Villages.net ,sign in , choose Golf schedule your needs.

MSchad 01-04-2023 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrChip72 (Post 2172687)
I've worked in IT my whole life. Building a system that's modern with a web portal and mobile apps would be relatively low complexity compared to most types of apps, even for 57 courses. Based on my past experience, the long term cost would likely be cheaper than the phone system to maintain.

There's over 25 entities in North America that have 50+ courses with a free booking system.

Preaching to the choir. IT here also, application analyst/development that wrote multi-tier applications. I think you are over simplifying the algorithm that prioritizes golfers, not just simply making reservations. And nothing is free. Someone pays for development, hardware, infrastructure and on going service/support.